7th World Congress for Hair Research (2013)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oppenheimer82
    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by 534623
    lol, seriously? they blocked desmond's account, yet they allow this super troll right here to do whatever he pleases? what a disgrace.

Comment

• Boldy
      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Vox
      Yes, but now I am confused about it. In the cell therapy link posted in this discussion they say (page 2 of the link):

Dermal papilla (DP) cells are associated with the development of hair follicles (HFs) and regulation of the hair cycle. However, primary DP cells prepared from cultured HFs are known to lose their ability to induce HF after culturing in standard media, for example, fibroblast growth conditions. We explored a new culture condition by which DP cells maintained their HF induction ability. The addition of Wnt-10b to the first culture of primary DP cells promoted their proliferation and maintained their Wnt responsiveness and HF induction ability.

It looks like to me that this problem is solved. Hence my confusion.
      exactly, there are enough methods to protect the dp from loosing its inductive potential. By keeping ALP Lef1 activity. posible with gsk3b inhibitors, Wnt 10b or 3a, and or keratinocytes . also 3d culture is a big plus.

dps can now easily be cultured for more than 90 weeks without any loss in HF induction ability. regarding the mentioned methods. with the right growth encinronment (medium + growth factors) there are approximately 5 doublings per week.

if you start with just 10 dermal papillas at week one, you will end with bilions at week 90...... enough to cure a army.

Comment

• Winston
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by oppenheimer82
        lol, seriously? they blocked desmond's account, yet they allow this super troll right here to do whatever he pleases? what a disgrace.
        I will post this again:

Desmond,

This is absolutely untrue, and given your history, I'm a bit surprised that you would assume that you were blocked in an effort to prevent you from posting on this site.

You have NOT been blocked, and if for some reason you were having technical difficulties, you simply could have contacted us directly, and we would have looked into the situation for you.

You have done nothing but shown this community the utmost respect and have gone beyond the call of duty to provide fellow hair loss sufferers with some hope. This entire community obviously appreciates and respects you for that. I personally, as well as the Admins wish we had more active members like yourself.

It's evident that your account is still active and always has been, so you certainly were NOT singled out for doing anything nefarious. It's possible, I guess, that you post from an area that has been flagged for massive spamming attempts which is usually rectified, to my understanding, by the hosting company by limiting or blocking IP blocks. I personally have no idea if this was the case, but be assured that you were not personally blocked by this forum.

Comment

• drnigams
          • Nov 2012

Few years back bulge stemcell niche was the hot topic for follicle neogenesis.
          As it provided us with CD200+stemcells in the bulge area,which solved the problem partly.
          Recently it has been reported that CD200+ stemcells
          also have anti mast cell or anti immune effect thus could counter dht mediated mast cell induced damage to dermal papilla and follicle....

The latest hot topic is the new niche of stemcells at the dermal papilla,dermal papilla sheath and the matrix.
          The dp culture does lose their potential of trichogenicity during passage at the culture,but with addition of gsk3 inhibitor,wnt10b,using special media like chang media..
          etc. the dp cultured cells maintain their trichogenicity.
          The newer techniques like culturing dp cells in 3D spheroidal medium,using scaffolds,multilayered culturing etc. maintains the trichogenicity even in multiplie passages of DP culture.
          Many researchers have interestingly grown human follicles in 6 weeks by grafting human skin on mouse and injecting trichogenic dp cultured cells plus neonatal epithelial embroyinic stemcells.

Colin Jahoda is the one, who has shown in his study this year,
          of the potential to grow new follicles with injections of cultured dp cells.

He was kind enough to give me the advice to add dermal sheath cells with my injections of cultured dp cells at the WCHR 2013,EDINBURGH.

He had implanted on his wives forearm, his own isolated dermal sheath cells and grew 2 new follicles on her fore arm few years back as an experimental study....
          I reminded the auditorium at the congress about this jahoda's experiment and wanted to know whether non cultured dp cells and in what dose can create new follicles.... when Fuchs pointed to me... to where jahoda was sitting...and he answered in detail about how... even non cultured dp cells are trichogenic for some time outside scalp and hold the potential to create new follicle.

As the trichogenic obstacle of dp culture has been overcome,
          Next challenge is growing the epithelial and dp cells in culture together and subsequently let them talk like in embryonic state and grow new follicles....
          We are getting good success with injecting of dp cells with our stemcell injections.
          I plan to do jahoda like experiment of injecting my follicle dp sheath cells on my forearm this week and see what is the outcome ...

Approx 60% presentations in tissue engineering section at the congress was about newer methods of dp culturing and it's interactions with epithelial stemcells
          Q
          UOTE=SoClose;123270]"Human dermal papilla cells lose their inductive potential when expanded in culture".

Is this not a huge concern?[/QUOTE]

Comment

• oppenheimer82
            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Winston
            I will post this again:

Desmond,

This is absolutely untrue, and given your history, I'm a bit surprised that you would assume that you were blocked in an effort to prevent you from posting on this site.

You have NOT been blocked, and if for some reason you were having technical difficulties, you simply could have contacted us directly, and we would have looked into the situation for you.

You have done nothing but shown this community the utmost respect and have gone beyond the call of duty to provide fellow hair loss sufferers with some hope. This entire community obviously appreciates and respects you for that. I personally, as well as the Admins wish we had more active members like yourself.

It's evident that your account is still active and always has been, so you certainly were NOT singled out for doing anything nefarious. It's possible, I guess, that you post from an area that has been flagged for massive spamming attempts which is usually rectified, to my understanding, by the hosting company by limiting or blocking IP blocks. I personally have no idea if this was the case, but be assured that you were not personally blocked by this forum.
            ah, i see now. thank you for this winston.

Comment

• Thinning87
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by drnigams
              Dear Members,

Kindly find below the Histogen presentation at WCHR 2013, Edinburg 2013 sent to me by their corporate communication.

I am not aware what results have they published in Oct 2012 and are these results any different from 2012 presentation or no?

Hopefully I & Jonathan Mansbridge, (Chief Scientific Officer, Histogen) will be speaking on phone this week and see what best I can come out with for my hair loss community friends for the earliest access, once I am convince with their results in person.

click below link for enlarge image
              http://www.drnigams.net/images/HTG_E...ic/Large/1.jpg
              Dr. Nigam thank you so much for posting this but your link is not working and the image you posted is too small for anyone to see.

Comment

• Boldy
                • Jan 2013

I plan to do jahoda like experiment of injecting my follicle dp sheath cells on my forearm this week and see what is the outcome ...
                Is this not a huge concern?
                1 word: King

Comment

• oppenheimer82
                  • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Boldy
                  exactly, there are enough methods to protect the dp from loosing its inductive potential. By keeping ALP Lef1 activity. posible with gsk3b inhibitors, Wnt 10b or 3a, and or keratinocytes . also 3d culture is a big plus.

dps can now easily be cultured for more than 90 weeks without any loss in HF induction ability. regarding the mentioned methods. with the right growth encinronment (medium + growth factors) there are approximately 5 doublings per week.

if you start with just 10 dermal papillas at week one, you will end with bilions at week 90...... enough to cure a army.
                  great information boldy, but how can you ensure that a 100 % correct and natural growth angle will be achieved?

Comment

• drnigams
                    • Nov 2012

Thinning,
                    I am aware ,will ask the secretary to do the needful tmr or later tonight on phone.
                    Originally posted by Thinning87
                    Dr. Nigam thank you so much for posting this but your link is not working and the image you posted is too small for anyone to see.

Comment

• Boldy
                      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by oppenheimer82
                      great information boldy, but how can you ensure that a 100 % correct and natural growth angle will be achieved?
                      Not, that's why it must be tialed first. the chance that that will happen while there is excising hair follicle is not big and especially when you don't ad keratinocytes. so te goal here is to renew the old follicles with instead of creating new one.

Comment

• Thinning87
                        • Dec 2012

Thinning,
                        I am aware ,will ask the secretary to do the needful tmr or later tonight on phone.
                        actually you posted the larger image in a different thread... my bad!

Comment

• oppenheimer82
                          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Boldy
                          Not, that's why it must be tialed first. the chance that that will happen while there is excising hair follicle is not big and especially when you don't ad keratinocytes. so te goal here is to renew the old follicles with instead of creating new one.
                          thanks, as always great info.

Comment

• UK_
                            • Feb 2011

The poster contains information about the temporal regrowth seen with HSC, it shows a massive increase in density and also increases in total hair counts, however increasing density is always easier than increasing total hair count I guess.

Comment

• Kiwi
                              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by UK_
                              The poster contains information about the temporal regrowth seen with HSC, it shows a massive increase in density and also increases in total hair counts, however increasing density is always easier than increasing total hair count I guess.
                              I'm under no illusion that my hairloss journey is probably going to include both more transplants and Histogen.

Histogen will bring back some hair and help me keep what I've got and transplants will fill in some of the bald beyond repair areas.

Comment

• mmmcoffee
                                • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Kiwi
                                I'm under no illusion that my hairloss journey is probably going to include both more transplants and Histogen.

Histogen will bring back some hair and help me keep what I've got and transplants will fill in some of the bald beyond repair areas.
                                If histogen can regrow some hair, maintain the rest for 10-15 years. That's all the "cure" I'd need when supplementing with a HT. I can't imagine giving two shits what my hair looks like when I'm 40 if I have to deal with it since 22, 24 now.

Comment

Working...