7th World Congress for Hair Research (2013)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stayhopeful
    • Feb 2013

Also, a lot of people would argue, but my PERSONAL theory is to limit masterbation to an extremely moderate amount, like once a week or every two weeks.. That's just my personal theory

Comment

• Californication
      • Mar 2013

I am not looking to defeat genetics forever. I can live with being a bald dude just fine, but at 20 it is far from ideal. I am looking to maintain until 22 (I'm out of college), shave my head at that point if I can tell it's going to get worse, or continue on maintaining if I think I can hold on for another 2-3 years after that.

But, like I said, if at 22, it's looking like I won't be able to hide the fact that I'm balding, I'll shave it and move on.

While I appreciate the advice, "eating healthy" isn't really the issue, you would never tell a sick person to just "eat healthy and hope they get better" especially since I eat fairly healthy anyways.

And, with masturbation, that's just ridiculous to me because it's a way in your mind of 'delaying gratification' in exchange for 'hair'. A sort of bargain, exchange if you will with a higher power even if you don't realize it. More power to you if you think that helps you, it may, who I am to say, but it wouldn't help me.

Comment

• Thinning87
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Californication
        I am not looking to defeat genetics forever. I can live with being a bald dude just fine, but at 20 it is far from ideal. I am looking to maintain until 22 (I'm out of college), shave my head at that point if I can tell it's going to get worse, or continue on maintaining if I think I can hold on for another 2-3 years after that.

But, like I said, if at 22, it's looking like I won't be able to hide the fact that I'm balding, I'll shave it and move on.

While I appreciate the advice, "eating healthy" isn't really the issue, you would never tell a sick person to just "eat healthy and hope they get better" especially since I eat fairly healthy anyways.

And, with masturbation, that's just ridiculous to me because it's a way in your mind of 'delaying gratification' in exchange for 'hair'. A sort of bargain, exchange if you will with a higher power even if you don't realize it. More power to you if you think that helps you, it may, who I am to say, but it wouldn't help me.
        I think hair loss or no hair loss eating healthier, drinking less, and stressing less are great for you.

Actually hair loss is a good reason to get out of the bad habits you acquire through college and live better.

Comment

• stayhopeful
          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Thinning87
          I think hair loss or no hair loss eating healthier, drinking less, and stressing less are great for you.

Actually hair loss is a good reason to get out of the bad habits you acquire through college and live better.
          This is a very good point, but still not even close to worth it haha

I have a completely different lifestyle than the typical college dude without the problem that will certainly benefit me in the long run, but honestly what's that worth.. where you at histogen??!?!

Comment

• Thinning87
            • Dec 2012

hahahha yep... and imagine being 2 years ahead in the timeline if they hadn't been sued by those bastards...

Comment

• Thinning87
              • Dec 2012

by the way Histogen's Dr. Naughton gave two presentations very recently... she obviously focused on the other applications but maybe she gave away some insight over the status of the company and progress with respect to the business roadmap.

If someone could find them that'd be great...

Comment

• rdawg
                • Jun 2012

by the way Histogen's Dr. Naughton gave two presentations very recently... she obviously focused on the other applications but maybe she gave away some insight over the status of the company and progress with respect to the business roadmap.

If someone could find them that'd be great...
                I have no info but the fact that they are consistently updating the progress of this stuff can;t be bad news.

They are clearly liking what they are seeing, thus the updates every 4-6 months.

It sounds like we have a solid solution in the pipeline, here's hoping the results can be even better in the next phase!

BTW just a side note, but how does one get into one of these trials, and why is it that the people in the trials never seem to post about it online!?

Comment

• Thinning87
                  • Dec 2012

hahaha funny I just found out SkinMedica, which sued Histogen and delayed its timeline, is owned by Allergan, which is supposed to be the maker of Bimatoprost, right?

Conspiracy theory?

Comment

• Thinning87
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by rdawg
                    I have no info but the fact that they are consistently updating the progress of this stuff can;t be bad news.

They are clearly liking what they are seeing, thus the updates every 4-6 months.

It sounds like we have a solid solution in the pipeline, here's hoping the results can be even better in the next phase!

BTW just a side note, but how does one get into one of these trials, and why is it that the people in the trials never seem to post about it online!?
                    Well I'm not a lawyer but I can assure you these subject patients have to sign legal documents with all kinds of provisions obligating them to stay very quiet about their trials.

If you wanted to enroll as subject I'd say send them an email, but you'd probably have to be in San Diego or wherever they are doing these trials (if I remember correctly they have/had trials in the Philippines and some other country).

But you'd most likely be forced to stay wherever they want you to stay as they'd have to monitor what you do.

Comment

• rdawg
                      • Jun 2012

Well I'm not a lawyer but I can assure you these subject patients have to sign legal documents with all kinds of provisions obligating them to stay very quiet about their trials.

If you wanted to enroll as subject I'd say send them an email, but you'd probably have to be in San Diego or wherever they are doing these trials (if I remember correctly they have/had trials in the Philippines and some other country).

But you'd most likely be forced to stay wherever they want you to stay as they'd have to monitor what you do.
                      kinda sucks, i'm up in canada!

I would hope they'd try the trials in different parts of the country when they get to phase III to get more enrolment.

the san diego ones weren't part of the official trials though right? weren't those just seperate tests(I remember he mentioned only using about 10 patients starting around june 2012).

I guess I'm just anxious to get this stuff sooner than 3-4 years from now!

Comment

• Thinning87
                        • Dec 2012

kinda sucks, i'm up in canada!

I would hope they'd try the trials in different parts of the country when they get to phase III to get more enrolment.

the san diego ones weren't part of the official trials though right? weren't those just seperate tests(I remember he mentioned only using about 10 patients starting around june 2012).

I guess I'm just anxious to get this stuff sooner than 3-4 years from now!
                        At this point I don't understand how Histogen could fail and not launch HSC in the (not so near) future. They obviously have a great product and yes, let's hope they can improve it so us who will be in our mid-late twenties when they will release can still benefit.

I know ARI has conducted phase 2 trials all over the country and as I understand Histogen's plan is to fund research to continue trials and eventually launch HSC with the help of a company that can provide funds, expertise, and marketing assets... maybe one day you'll have trials in locations sponsored by this partner, but the chances of it being in Canada are not so high IMO as high tech companies tend to have all their operations as close to their research centers as possible (but again they did do something in the Philippines so who knows...).

I don't even know if there was anything in San Diego, I remember Ziering did his in one of his facilities or maybe outside the country, I don't recall. But that was an independent trial he did, separately from Histogen.

Comment

• Thinning87
                          • Dec 2012

At this point there's nothing we can do but wait for the Edinburgh conference.

I wonder if Spencer will talk about the abstract Desmond found with his link and maybe he'll have something interesting to say about it in tomorrow's show...

Goodnight folks

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                            • Nov 2011

At this point there's nothing we can do but wait for the Edinburgh conference.

I wonder if Spencer will talk about the abstract Desmond found with his link and maybe he'll have something interesting to say about it in tomorrow's show...

Goodnight folks
                            bump 999999

Comment

• hellouser
                              • May 2012

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
                              bump 999999
                              The next 3 days are going to be full of awesome.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by hellouser
                                The next 3 days are going to be full of awesome.
                                pray to god they are

Comment

Working...