7th World Congress for Hair Research (2013)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdawg
    • Jun 2012

It's a huge buzzkill especially if we see this product work well.

Knowing that there's something out there but it's still 3-4 years away!!!

Comment

• Thinning87
      • Dec 2012

Well we all knew it wasn't gonna be tomorrow guys... this is bittersweet, as 4 years will make a huge difference for me as I will be approaching 29 at that time (holy shit 30 years old is scary...).

Hopefully there is a chance the 48 timepoint yields much better rates of hair growth, not to mention product optimization in phase 2B.

And I have to say I still have some faith in ARI as they may have found a way to move forward finally.

I guess we'll find out in two weeks... goodnight folks...

Comment

• Henkeh91
        • Apr 2013

What do you guys think, does Histogen work on people at NW5-NW6? Not a total coverage of hair but atleast decent coverage.

Comment

• rdawg
          • Jun 2012

say it goes to phase III in north america wouldn't they spread the tests all over country?(or countries if they count canada)

wouldn't mind applying for it.

Comment

• stayhopeful
            • Feb 2013

I am down to be a test subject in phase III!! But what about this guys: say that we get some hard irrefutable evidence that Histogen is coming to the market and is effective, AND getting a HT will not interfere... I will be WAY more inclined to Dr. Wesley dense pack my hairline for the interim 2-3 years Histogen is going to take to get to market, knowing that there will be backup on the way... what do you guys think about that strategy?

Comment

• jman91
              • Jan 2012

unfortunately a lot of people on here, myself included, will have most likely progressed too much by the time this is available. Realistically, my hope is that a NW6 could use hist to thicken donor supply so they become a candidate for a ht (hopefully scar-less technology will also be available by then too)

Comment

• Conpecia
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by stayhopeful
                I am down to be a test subject in phase III!! But what about this guys: say that we get some hard irrefutable evidence that Histogen is coming to the market and is effective, AND getting a HT will not interfere... I will be WAY more inclined to Dr. Wesley dense pack my hairline for the interim 2-3 years Histogen is going to take to get to market, knowing that there will be backup on the way... what do you guys think about that strategy?
                Bingo. Exactly what I am going to do if I don't have a viable treatment by next year. With this good news we seriously need to learn if a HT will negatively impact the effect of Histogen. If you're NW 1-3 and a receder who responds to fin you can more or less be cured right now if a) you can afford it, and b) HT's do not negatively impact Histogen. We really need to discuss this and maybe even contact Histogen.

Comment

• hellouser
                  • May 2012

Originally posted by stayhopeful
                  Only surgical treatment I would meddle with is with Dr Gho's. If there isnt regeneration, I'm not interested.

Comment

• hellouser
                    • May 2012

Originally posted by Conpecia
                    Bingo. Exactly what I am going to do if I don't have a viable treatment by next year. With this good news we seriously need to learn if a HT will negatively impact the effect of Histogen. If you're NW 1-3 and a receder who responds to fin you can more or less be cured right now if a) you can afford it, and b) HT's do not negatively impact Histogen. We really need to discuss this and maybe even contact Histogen.
                    Putting follicles into thinning areas shouldnt destroy existing follicles. As long as theyre still there, they should be susceptible to a treatment from Histogen and Aderans.

Comment

• Cory
                      • Jun 2011

I don't think that cure or something that reverses baldness but you have to use it every day like Propecia won't come in this decade, Lauster and Tokyo lab are atleast ten yrs away.

CB-03-01 looks promising but I don't think it can reverse NW7 do NW0 even Histogen and Replicel didn't accomplish that (yet), so I think cure would be more beneficial to todays kids who will start balding in their early 20s.

Comment

• eqvist
                        • Aug 2011

It´s so sick to "know" that it´s a way to get 20% more density but it will be 4 more years.....

Comment

• Whair
                          • Mar 2012

Did Histogen say it will be 4 more years?

Comment

• amibald
                            • Sep 2012

im 19 and NW2-2.5

feels bad man

Comment

• Thinning87
                              • Dec 2012

our only hope is to get much better 48 week results...

Comment

• rdawg
                                • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Whair
                                Did Histogen say it will be 4 more years?
                                No, but the math is a bit confusing.

It really depends how long they take to get licensed and how long in between phases.

I've also read you can apply for approval during phase III not necessarily waiting until after.

But the big problem is they look like they'll take 6-8 months between phases, so yea, it's looking like 3-4 years to get through about a year or so per phase.

If indeed this stuff is for real though it's huge, so I shouldnt even be complaining, because having something that works period is awesome!!

Comment

Working...