RU and Vodka?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SE19
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2010
    • 125

    #1

    RU and Vodka?

    Hi

    I've run out of KB solution and was wondering if I can mix my RU with Vodka (37.5%)?

    then of course add some propylene

    many thanks

    (Need responses urgently)
  • Troy
    Member
    • Aug 2012
    • 73

    #2
    Well you can try...but 37.5% is very low alcohol for dissolving RU.

    You should try to get some high grade alcohol like everclear or primasprit 96%.

    If it is only temporary you may try some 96% denaturated alcohol.

    Comment

    • hairlossrxsucks
      Junior Member
      • Jan 2012
      • 11

      #3
      Vodka won't work because it has too much water not because the alcohol % is too low. I once tried 59% wine. It didn't even work.

      Comment

      • Troy
        Member
        • Aug 2012
        • 73

        #4
        When I said low alcohol, if you think I was refering to the ratio!!!!!

        Low alcohol = high water content in solution. Got it??

        We want 96% alcohol for dissolving RU, being the rest water and not anything else...I tried 96% denaturated alcohol (cetrimide) fom the pharmacy and it dissolved the RU with no problems, but would not recomend to use it often.

        59% wine is worse choice than 37.5% vodka!

        Comment

        • SE19
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2010
          • 125

          #5
          does anyone know what I can easily access in the UK for this?

          supermarkets don't sell such high alcohol content

          many thanks

          Comment

          • Troy
            Member
            • Aug 2012
            • 73

            #6
            This will do:

            http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-15105.aspx

            Comment

            • SE19
              Senior Member
              • Aug 2010
              • 125

              #7
              is there no cheaper alternative?

              this bottle is very expensive at £40, surely there's something cheaper I can purchase online or even in store somewhere?

              Comment

              • SE19
                Senior Member
                • Aug 2010
                • 125

                #8
                anyone?

                ?????

                Comment

                • Troy
                  Member
                  • Aug 2012
                  • 73

                  #9
                  Maybe this one:

                  http://www.ebay.de/itm/0-5L-Prima-Sp...#ht_968wt_1111

                  Don't know if it is legal to sell bottles with such high alcohol content in UK.

                  Comment

                  • hellouser
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2012
                    • 4419

                    #10
                    What about Isopropanol aka Isopropyl alcohol?

                    Comment

                    • Jefful
                      Junior Member
                      • Jan 2013
                      • 14

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Troy
                      Maybe this one:

                      http://www.ebay.de/itm/0-5L-Prima-Sp...#ht_968wt_1111

                      Don't know if it is legal to sell bottles with such high alcohol content in UK.
                      I think its illegal in uk

                      Comment

                      Working...