Fin shed

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wonderdog
    • Apr 2012

Im keeping it at an 8th of fin for next couple of weeks. Also have started to take it later in the day. I have been taking it at breakfast, jst shooting in the dark as i am no doctor but surely if taking it early through the day ure body absorbs it quicker as its been starved for 8 hrs or whatever so may hab an adverse reaction as not absorbing it with mch else. Shedding is still there bt compared to 3 days ago when i had lile 20 hairs fall out of the back and sides and 10 on top its next to nothing now.

Alex, u say u have seen sme effect on the sides of the head and back as well then? This is very similiar to my situation. What had been ure routine?

Should i be stopping minox? I feel this may hav smethibg to do with it bt know its no where near as intrusive as fin.

Please let me knw wht ure testosterone levels cme bk like as i shud get it checked myself bt cant really afford t take further time off work.

Comment

• oOKawaiiOo
      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by alex82
      sounds positive you had some result on propecia alone in the 16mths. Yeah mixing two 5 alpha reductase inhibitors (saw palmetto and fin) prob isn't good. The fact your gf commented on your **** may mean that body upregulated testosterone levels to compensate? Good for sex/bad for hair. Just a thought
      Yeah, apparently it wasnt good in my case. I do think my body did upregulated the levels of testosterone in response to propecia and nuhair. Im not sure. I need blood worked to be sure.

I told my gf already, I rather have good hair than a good ****.

Comment

• alex82
        • Feb 2012

Wonderdog, yep I have experienced significant hair quality change from thick and healthy to thin and straw like all over including sides and back (non mpb areas) gf has noticed: ( also scalp feels raw and inflammed if that makes sense.
        I'm now developing a bald spot at the back where previously no sign of balding at all. Only temple loss before. It's getting worse on a daily basis I feel... I can see scalp all over the top and front of my head now. Very dishartening I'm so close now to shaving it all off. Only 7 months ago I was getting complements on how good my hair was still at 30yrs old this was before starting f*ing fin

I'm using only fin and niz 2% once a week or less. Proscar cut into fiths 1mg originally for two months and approx .5mg since. On month 7 now.

The hair texture thing is really odd too, certainly feels like hair is much less healthy than before. Almost like been swimming in chlorinated pool if that make sense? Have you noticed simmillar?

I'm scheduled to see doc tomo and will demand some tests.
        I found this old thread on another forum. Strangely simillar to our issue... Quite upsetting reading... I'm trying to remain positive but for now it seems like fin has taken my hair away as well as libido!

Comment

• alex82
          • Feb 2012

Should just clarify, that's fin every day and niz once a week or less.

Comment

• Wonderdog
            • Apr 2012

Alex82, everything u say hits too close to home.. Straw like hair on all sides like there is something constantly in it, inflammed scalp etc. Not lne thing u hav said doesnt fit my situation.And the links make me 100% sure i am doing the right thing by quitting altogether.

I was close to shaving it off too but ive grown my hair longer which does make a difference. Thing is, if i can jst get the hair that is on my head to not be so straw like then i would still hav good coverage. I have weird spots on the side of my head that have jst gone to shit and dont look right at all. Not usual mpb in any way.

I have taken half dosage past few days bt think i am off it all together. I would be happy to jst get my scalp to nt feel like i wnt to rip it off, its nt an itch so to speak bt like u say jst a general irritance.

Defo think fin was a bad call for me, i am 25 and dnt have a decent beard growth or body hair so probably as those links say a low testosterone count and this has jst kicked it into overdrive causing an impact on my hair.

I have had sme testicular ache as well which lets face it is not a good thing in any way.

Hopefully coming off it will give me the density bak, as the guy in the link says he had improvement after 3 mnths. And as i hav ssid all along the hair being lost is not hair that is in its "final departure" stage so therefore there mst be sme life left in the hair follicles to produce the new hair. I knw expecting it to look like the way it did 2 yrs ago is unfeasible bt if i can get bk to the baseline i had 5 months ago then i wud be more than happy.

Jst dnt knw whether to stay on minox as i used that before with no issue, for a small patch in the centre of ny hairline?

Jst think my scalp more than anything needs time to recover frm the destruction fin has caused.

Comment

• Wonderdog
              • Apr 2012

Alex-are u off the fin? Interested to knw how the shed is?

Comment

• alex82
                • Feb 2012

Hey mate. I'm still on .5mg per day until I get my blood test fesults back at least. Should be this week hopefully.

I'm shedding like crazy but still in two minds whether I should discontinue or not...

I think if you are going to stop then tapering off very gradually would be the way to go to avoid spiking hormone levels again causing another shed!

Comment

• Wonderdog
                  • Apr 2012

For those still interested, i have been off fin now for 2 weeks. Shedding is up and down but can be very heavy at times. Hairline has lost a lot of thickness and general bulk is very fine. Keeping off fin for another 2 weeks before making any decisions on continuing it or not.

Comment

• gutted
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Wonderdog
                    For those still interested, i have been off fin now for 2 weeks. Shedding is up and down but can be very heavy at times. Hairline has lost a lot of thickness and general bulk is very fine. Keeping off fin for another 2 weeks before making any decisions on continuing it or not.
                    you should return to normal in a few more weeks, and the shed lessen over time.

Comment

• Wonderdog
                      • Apr 2012

I hope so. The shedding is next to nothing compared to how it was. So thats a plus bt the hair falling out is a lit shorter than my actual hair length. What cud this indicate? Hair being ejected very early, before chance to grow yhe same length? It is all very thick hair that is veing ejected as well. Any thoughts on that?

Comment

• gutted
                        • Jan 2011

I hope so. The shedding is next to nothing compared to how it was. So thats a plus bt the hair falling out is a lit shorter than my actual hair length. What cud this indicate? Hair being ejected very early, before chance to grow yhe same length? It is all very thick hair that is veing ejected as well. Any thoughts on that?

if your still getting that itch and sebum its an indication of damage.

if the itch/sebum has calmed down then youve got nothing to worry about.

Comment

• Wonderdog
                          • Apr 2012

Its definitely calmed down. Do have to wash my hair every day if nt mre otherwise it starts to become irritated but this ks with just normal shampoo not using niz or t gel. So its definitely getting better. Just hopeing the hair falling out starts to regrow and continues on the normal mpb rate.

Comment

• gutted
                            • Jan 2011

Its definitely calmed down. Do have to wash my hair every day if nt mre otherwise it starts to become irritated but this ks with just normal shampoo not using niz or t gel. So its definitely getting better. Just hopeing the hair falling out starts to regrow and continues on the normal mpb rate.
                            dont overuse nizoral, a side effect is hair loss, use the tgel if your scalp gets irratated. Cut down on sugars for a bit.

Comment

Working...