Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy | Dr. Joseph Greco Ph.D. Answers Your Questions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • losinghope79
    • Mar 2011

I wouldn't discount it at all. I may just be an exception or maybe there is another factor in fault as well. That's why I was asking dr greco if he's ever heard of this happening before

Comment

• Dr Joseph F. Greco
      Ph.D
      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by losinghope79
      I had the prp treatment done back in feb. and I can actually say it was the worst thing I ever did. Its been 4 months and it actually accellerated my hair loss. I believe lost between 50 to 60 % more of my hair since then. Before I went in it wasn't even noticable it was just a little recieding but now the majority of the top of my head is gone. I spent good money on the treatment it was $1500 that I really couldn't afford but I sold stuff to make it happen. I was wondering if this was something that's been happening? Or if I'm a rare case? With my career my hair is a major issue. So I'm depressed and angry because 18 years of struggle and I'm going to lose it all because of this issue :/. I wanted to ask dr. Greco if he's heard of this happening before?
      losinghope I can honestly say that in the past four years I have not seen or have had anyone report this happening. It could be that you have experienced a more than normal shed that comes when someone initiates a new protocol like with finasteride and rogaine when hair must go into the resting phase first before it can improve after going into the growing phase. I doubt that this shed will be permanent. Hang in there and wait a another month or so it see if you notice an improvement. JG

Comment

• losinghope79
        • Mar 2011

Ok ill give it another month I was just getting worried because its been 4 months and it just has seemed to keep getting worse. But I will wait another month and see if anything happens

Comment

• gillenator
          • Dec 2008

Ok ill give it another month I was just getting worried because its been 4 months and it just has seemed to keep getting worse. But I will wait another month and see if anything happens
          I also wish you the best losinghope!
          "Gillenator"
          Independent Patient Advocate
          more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• Dr Joseph F. Greco
            Ph.D
            • Apr 2009

losinghope if your situation does not improve in a month or two contact my office and I'd be happy to see you. JG

Comment

• Dr Joseph F. Greco
              Ph.D
              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by gillenator
              I also wish you the best losinghope!
              Nice gesture gillenator! JG

Comment

• VictimOfDHT
                • Apr 2011

That sucks, losinghope. I feel your pain. My hair has been falling out like crazy too in the past 4 months for no god damn clear reason and the worst shed is actually in my transplanted area. I am so desperate I was thinking about this PRP treatment but now I don't know. You're not the first person to report accelerated hair loss and negative results after the PRP. At least you only lost $ 1500. My loss was over $20000, money that took me forever to save, and it's all for nothing because I'm losing my transplanted hairs.

I hope things do turn around for you. Just let us know if they do.

Comment

• ALLISWELL
                  • Feb 2011

Guys Beware when you go for any PRP treatment. IT contains some factors like TGB and some more factors that are responsible for FOLLICLE DEATH!!

PRP CAN EVEN WORSEN YOUR HAIRLOSS IF IT DOES NOT DOES ANY GOOD FOR YOU!! SO gUYS BEWARE!!

Comment

• iwannakeephair1674
                    • Nov 2008

Hey guys, I hope that you get a chance to read Dr. Greco's post on blogspot as he clearly addresses this question of the things that could be harmful to your hair...I've had nothing but success with PRP and am getting my 4th procedure done in mid July. I do wish the best for losinghope and please keep us updated on your progress...I've heard of rare cases that finasteride shedding is similar to what you are describing but eventually gets better. Hang in there!

-Destin

Comment

• ryan555
                      • Oct 2010

I wish people would stop spreading unsubstantiated nonsense on these websites. If I didnt know better, these forums would make me think that mpb made people insane. I have had two prp treatments with dr Greco and they have been beneficial to me. They certainly haven't increased the rate of my hair loss.

Comment

• ALLISWELL
                        • Feb 2011

Come on there are many people on this thread reporting prp worsened their hair loss. So my comments make SENSE and may be who knows your just an plant on PRP thread like many plants shouting on TRX2 thread that ya its working its an miracle pill every one should go for it! huh!!

Comment

• ryan555
                          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by ALLISWELL
                          Come on there are many people on this thread reporting prp worsened their hair loss. So my comments make SENSE and may be who knows your just an plant on PRP thread like many plants shouting on TRX2 thread that ya its working its an miracle pill every one should go for it! huh!!
                          Yeah, you caught me. My whole plan was to open an account here last October and post about all sorts of topics just waiting for the day when I could defend PRP and get my massive pay day from Dr. Greco for doing it.

I simply wish that people in this forum could present a little more factual data and a little less hysteria. The fact that a very small number of men who are already suffering from hair loss showed up in this thread to say they are still losing hair after a PRP treatment does not warrant a hysterical, unsubstantiated freak out printed in ALL CAPS by someone who has not even personally experienced a PRP treatment. I put this in the same category as men who tell the world that propecia will make your dick fall off and cause you to grow man tits when they have never taken the drug. You people are ruining this forum for the adults who would like to have a real conversation about this condition and the ways to treat it.

Comment

• VictimOfDHT
                            • Apr 2011

I was seriously thinking about PRP treatment and even planning on getting one, but now I'm a bit scared. I've read a couple threads now on different sites by people saying that they were worse off after the treatment.
                            This really sucks. I was hoping it would be my next defense line against further hair loss.

Comment

• ALLISWELL
                              • Feb 2011

See i dont want to scare anyone or ruin this forum, i saw the MANY negative comments by MANY REAL PEOPLE. i ain't telling dr. Greco just wants to make money offering this treatment nor i am against PRP, But i just want is that doctors should exclude the factors like TGB that are harmful for our hair follicles...So that this treatment can really give its benefit to all the hair loss sufferers.

Comment

• ALLISWELL
                                • Feb 2011

If you guys think its non sense then you can surely go for this treatment n i will pray it works for you without worsening your hair loss.

Comment

Working...