Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Refuse2GoBald
    • Mar 2009

I took the plunge.

I flew out from CA to have this procedure done at Dr. Greco's office today. It started at about 12:30 and I was out of there by 2:30. I was there longer than expected only because Dr. Greco and I were chatting for quite some time. He is a very kind and personable man who is clearly very excited about the results that he has seen with this treatment. The process was virtually painless, and trust me, I don't have a very high pain tolerance. I will agree with people who have posted on other forumns that the photos Dr. Greco has on his computer are far more convincing than the ones circulating around the net. I was excited to learn that some patients have come in for a second treatment because the result of the first treatment was so positive.

I have taken some pics and I will post them shortly.

Comment

• dabra
      • May 2009

Originally posted by Dr. Feller
      Congratulations Refuse, and thanks for sharing your positive experience online.

We received shipment our PRP equipment earlier than expected and are doing our first scheduled patient next week.

We will be taking photos and documenting all of our PRP patients who will allow us so we can document and report on how this new treatment actually performs.

Many thanks to Dr. Joe Greco of Florida for his pioneering work in PRP.

-Dr. Feller
      Feller Medical, PC
      Great Neck, NY
      Get natural-looking hair with the best hair transplant in New York. Our FUE hair transplant procedure is performed by experienced surgeons in New York City.

Hair Transplant Surgery and PRP
      Dr Feller :
      thank you for your contribution to the community. Have you got any idea about the cost of the new treatment .Thank you

Comment

• gillenator
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Refuse2GoBald
        I flew out from CA to have this procedure done at Dr. Greco's office today. It started at about 12:30 and I was out of there by 2:30. I was there longer than expected only because Dr. Greco and I were chatting for quite some time. He is a very kind and personable man who is clearly very excited about the results that he has seen with this treatment. The process was virtually painless, and trust me, I don't have a very high pain tolerance. I will agree with people who have posted on other forumns that the photos Dr. Greco has on his computer are far more convincing than the ones circulating around the net. I was excited to learn that some patients have come in for a second treatment because the result of the first treatment was so positive.

I have taken some pics and I will post them shortly.
        We look forward to your pics and results!
        "Gillenator"
        Independent Patient Advocate
        more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• Tsakalos
          • May 2009

if that produces hair growth then the theory that DHT kills follicles that we all know collapses. assuming we are talking about slick bald areas and not thinning. So how can this be effective since the follicles are supposed to be dead?

Comment

• smileyface19
            • May 2009

Would anyone know if there have been reported cases of shock loss to the traumatized scalp?

Comment

• smileyface19
              • May 2009

Also, what about scaring?? after multiple sessions shouldn't it be very evident that your scalp would look shredded?

Comment

• smileyface19
                • May 2009

To be honest I think I just answered my own question. I've had multiple needles throughout my lifetime and i cannot see a pin prick anywhere on my arm. sorry stupid question.

Comment

• gillenator
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Tsakalos
                  if that produces hair growth then the theory that DHT kills follicles that we all know collapses. assuming we are talking about slick bald areas and not thinning. So how can this be effective since the follicles are supposed to be dead?
                  PRP does not circumvent the effect of DHT to hair follicles. It may however revitalize some of them from their telogen stage (dormant) and reguvenate some new growth. Not all of the follicles are dead as you suggest but may be in the telogen stage. In other words there can be some dormant follicles in a slick bald area but for the most part they are debilitated and on their way out.

So while PRP therapy may promote some regrowth in a completely bald area, it would not be as robust or dense as areas not affected by DHT.
                  "Gillenator"
                  more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• iwannakeephair1674
                    • Nov 2008

so if someone were to get this done every 8 months... will it keep on working everytime you get it? Will it prevent balding if you keep getting it every 8 months in places that are just starting to thin?

Comment

• iwannakeephair1674
                      • Nov 2008

Getting it done

This is really an exciting time! I just booked my plane ticket and finalizing my appointment to have this done on Tuesday, June 23rd. I completed the online consultation yesterday and he said my goals and expectations were very realistic on maintaining what I have if not grow a little extra. His staff was very nice and more than willing to work with my schedule and help with flights. Everyone wish me luck.. I will keep all of you updated.

Destin

Comment

• gillenator
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by iwannakeephair1674
                        This is really an exciting time! I just booked my plane ticket and finalizing my appointment to have this done on Tuesday, June 23rd. I completed the online consultation yesterday and he said my goals and expectations were very realistic on maintaining what I have if not grow a little extra. His staff was very nice and more than willing to work with my schedule and help with flights. Everyone wish me luck.. I will keep all of you updated.

Destin
                        We look forward to your feedback and best wishes!
                        "Gillenator"
                        more.hair@verizon.net

Comment

• Refuse2GoBald
                          • Mar 2009

Email from Dr. Feller's office

Hey guys. I just got the following email from Dr. Feller's office and just wanted to share

We are now performing the PRP treatments in our office. Anyone really is a
                          candidate for it. All you need to do is set up a "consult" appointment (which
                          is free) with Dr. Feller, and after discussing your concerns with him, we can
                          bring you right in to do the treatment. It takes about 20 minutes and costs
                          $600.00.

Comment

• iwannakeephair1674
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by gillenator
                            PRP does not circumvent the effect of DHT to hair follicles. It may however revitalize some of them from their telogen stage (dormant) and reguvenate some new growth. Not all of the follicles are dead as you suggest but may be in the telogen stage. In other words there can be some dormant follicles in a slick bald area but for the most part they are debilitated and on their way out.

So while PRP therapy may promote some regrowth in a completely bald area, it would not be as robust or dense as areas not affected by DHT.

I think the important thing here is the ability to maintain what you have. If both the use of a DHT blocker (such as Finasteride or Dutasteride) plus yearly treatments of PRP treatments together are able to help you maintain what you have or dramatically slow down the process, then I think its amazing. Personally, if I can just maintain what I have for years to come doing my current regime plus PRP, then I will be very content. Hopefully this new regime could hold me over until a new/better unexpected treatment occurs. I think that it is a very exciting time and new treatments like this bring hope to the hair loss community. It is pretty exciting how technology is allowing new findings to come into place. Examples of this are significantly better / more efficient hair transplantation. Imagine how many innovators improved this method compared to just even 10 years ago. I am very supportive of the doctors such as Greco, Bauman, Feller, Bernstein, Rassman, and many of the IAHRS with their innovative techniques and constant initiative to raise the bar. We have come a long way, I believe that if people keep trying and are open to new ideas we can make MPB a choice rather than a certainty.

The hairloss community should NOT give up hope. I hate reading the forums and see people who have no more hope. I feel like a cure will come and a lot sooner than we think. I know there are currently people working diligently on hair cloning and also it seems like there are new findings more periodically than before, such as scientists finding a gene that may actually cause hairloss. So all I'm saying to everyone is to have hope and not give up. I know how many times we have all heard a cure within 10 years speech.... but the difference between then and now is how much more closer we are with the new therapies and findings we come upon.

My advice for everyone is to read the forums, talk to the doctors, encourage them to push the bar, ask valid questions, spread the word, listen to the Bald Truth, not be so pessimistic, take initiative, and gain hope.

Thats just my two cents

-Destin

Comment

• gillenator
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by iwannakeephair1674
                              I think the important thing here is the ability to maintain what you have. If both the use of a DHT blocker (such as Finasteride or Dutasteride) plus yearly treatments of PRP treatments together are able to help you maintain what you have or dramatically slow down the process, then I think its amazing. Personally, if I can just maintain what I have for years to come doing my current regime plus PRP, then I will be very content. Hopefully this new regime could hold me over until a new/better unexpected treatment occurs. I think that it is a very exciting time and new treatments like this bring hope to the hair loss community. It is pretty exciting how technology is allowing new findings to come into place. Examples of this are significantly better / more efficient hair transplantation. Imagine how many innovators improved this method compared to just even 10 years ago. I am very supportive of the doctors such as Greco, Bauman, Feller, Bernstein, Rassman, and many of the IAHRS with their innovative techniques and constant initiative to raise the bar. We have come a long way, I believe that if people keep trying and are open to new ideas we can make MPB a choice rather than a certainty.

The hairloss community should NOT give up hope. I hate reading the forums and see people who have no more hope. I feel like a cure will come and a lot sooner than we think. I know there are currently people working diligently on hair cloning and also it seems like there are new findings more periodically than before, such as scientists finding a gene that may actually cause hairloss. So all I'm saying to everyone is to have hope and not give up. I know how many times we have all heard a cure within 10 years speech.... but the difference between then and now is how much more closer we are with the new therapies and findings we come upon.

My advice for everyone is to read the forums, talk to the doctors, encourage them to push the bar, ask valid questions, spread the word, listen to the Bald Truth, not be so pessimistic, take initiative, and gain hope.

Thats just my two cents

-Destin

That's some of the best "two cents" I have read and could not agree more. Thanks for your encouraging words to the hairloss community and best wishes to you and your wise regimen.
                              "Gillenator"
                              more.hair@verizon.net

Comment

• Ron
                                • Aug 2009

It is true this technology has been around for about 20 years, but it is new to hair loss. As with other new hair restoration technologies this will take time to see if it really works, it seems that a lot of doctors are adding it to their practice to take advantage of the buzz and make a profit. When I researched PRP, there were some warnings about PRP causing melenoma and other skin cancers when used on the face and scalp, not trying to scare people, but do your research before you pay thousands of dollars on something that may not be permanent.

Comment

Working...