X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 25 going on 65
    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by lilpauly
    Dut is the best for the hairlines . Period
    Dut has failed my hairline beyond all expectations. Not only has it not improved, if anything there has been diffusion

Is there seriously no guy on this forum who has used oral spiro? Who can share their exp?

Comment

• gldngamer
      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by 25 going on 65
      Dut has failed my hairline beyond all expectations. Not only has it not improved, if anything there has been diffusion

Is there seriously no guy on this forum who has used oral spiro? Who can share their exp?
      Hi, 25/65. I've been on fin for 5 months now i guess, and my shedding has not slowed down a bit. Honestly my hair feels slightly worse than before, probably from the shedding phase. After seeing some amazing results on *** im thinking of trying spiro!. The only thing that scares me is the feminization and possibly another ****ing shed.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by gldngamer
        Hi, 25/65. I've been on fin for 5 months now i guess, and my shedding has not slowed down a bit. Honestly my hair feels slightly worse than before, probably from the shedding phase. After seeing some amazing results on *** im thinking of trying spiro!. The only thing that scares me is the feminization and possibly another ****ing shed.
        Good luck. 5 months on fin is not long though. My peak results were like 14-16 months or something like that, hard to say for sure
        However I was definitely at least @ baseline by 10 months on fin. This is why I am worried about dut, I am over 9 months & below baseline. I started taking fin again w/ my dut. God this is annoying, the uncertainty is killing me

Getting VERY close to pulling the trigger on oral spiro. (Topical spiro seems to be crap) However like you I am very concerned about being feminized & also the shed. Another big shed could srsly f*ck me like nothing else

Comment

• gldngamer
          • Feb 2013

Good luck. 5 months on fin is not long though. My peak results were like 14-16 months or something like that, hard to say for sure
          However I was definitely at least @ baseline by 10 months on fin. This is why I am worried about dut, I am over 9 months & below baseline. I started taking fin again w/ my dut. God this is annoying, the uncertainty is killing me

Getting VERY close to pulling the trigger on oral spiro. (Topical spiro seems to be crap) However like you I am very concerned about being feminized & also the shed. Another big shed could srsly f*ck me like nothing else
          bro i understand your suffering, and waiting for so many months must have been a drag!. I hope the fin/dut combo works for you. I swear man, every single day waiting for some thickening has made me bitter and pessimistic. Have you done any blood tests to measure your dht levels? I think it would be wise to see if dht levels are low . I am going to measure my dht at an endo soon just to make sure. Best of luck brah.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
            • Sep 2010

bro i understand your suffering, and waiting for so many months must have been a drag!. I hope the fin/dut combo works for you. I swear man, every single day waiting for some thickening has made me bitter and pessimistic. Have you done any blood tests to measure your dht levels? I think it would be wise to see if dht levels are low . I am going to measure my dht at an endo soon just to make sure. Best of luck brah.
            Thankyou. I did get my DHT tested when I was on fin+dut, before I quit fin for a short time. It was extremely low, not sure what the exact number was, but way below reference range
            No idea how my DHT can be so low yet I am not above baseline. Clearly there is more to andro alopecia than just DHT miniaturizing the follicles. I read a hypothesis once that DHT is just the initial trigger & once a follicle is triggered, other factors continue attacking it even if DHT is 70-90% blocked. No idea what they would be....maybe inflammation, some kind of autoimmune response?
            Then again maybe it is just sensitivity to other hormones like T

Comment

• 25 going on 65
              • Sep 2010

I ordered oral spiro last night. I can always quit if the sides are too strong, hair is too important not to take the risk

Comment

• gldngamer
                • Feb 2013

I ordered oral spiro last night. I can always quit if the sides are too strong, hair is too important not to take the risk
                I know man, best of luck. Just make sure that you're being monitored by a doctor because of the sides . Take care.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                  • Sep 2010

I know man, best of luck. Just make sure that you're being monitored by a doctor because of the sides . Take care.
                  Thanks. Seems I will need to be monitored for estradiol, testosterone, potassium, maybe progesterone?
                  Hope my doctors cooperate as I would not want to be using this regimen w/ eyes closed....so to speak

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                    • Sep 2010

Ok I currently have a bunch of spiro in my possession. Have not taken any yet.....cold feet I guess. But I think I need to try. This is Saturday night & I do not feel like going out at all, too depressed.
                    I am very concerned about feminization but the need to maintain hair is extreme. I guess if the sides are unbearable I can just quit

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                      • Jun 2013

How did you get the spiro? I am curious to see how this goes. Keep us up to date on the results.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Notcoolanymore
                        How did you get the spiro? I am curious to see how this goes. Keep us up to date on the results.
                        Inhouse. I am a bit paranoid about the source & thinking about looking for an endo to prescribe it instead. I wonder how hard this would be
                        But yes I would update the forum if I get results from any new treatment

Comment

• Dan26
                          • Jul 2012

bro really consider RU for 6months i dont see how more oral inhibiton is gonna do much when your already on dut

dut + ru = ultimate anti-androgen therapy

Comment

• Dan26
                            • Jul 2012

and tbh its a shame u never gave minox a shot years ago casue u may not be in this place i u were a decent responder to it

at this point it could be risky as far as having to go through a period of time where ur hair could get real bad but bounce back

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Dan26
                              bro really consider RU for 6months i dont see how more oral inhibiton is gonna do much when your already on dut

dut + ru = ultimate anti-androgen therapy
                              Yes I was truly considering this & still am somewhat. However the srs inconveniences of RU are hard to get over. & I thought of another one....I do not have a short haircut. I read guys complaining about how much RU they waste because it gets absorbed by their hair
                              Also spiro should do the same job w/ a high enough dose I am thinking. RU blocks androgen receptors right? So not just DHT but androgens in general are "disabled"....my understanding is that spiro reduces the androgens in your body. Obviously this is more risky (sides) but if I can tolerate it, it should be much more convenient + spiro is MUCH cheaper

Originally posted by Dan26
                              and tbh its a shame u never gave minox a shot years ago casue u may not be in this place i u were a decent responder to it

at this point it could be risky as far as having to go through a period of time where ur hair could get real bad but bounce back
                              Yes I am very concerned about another med shed. Could be a disaster after the dut shed this year but I am running out of options
                              I did try minox once but had a bad reaction, skin felt horribly irritated, however it might have been a chemical in the solution besides minox. Sometimes I consider trying the foam but all the stories of skin aging worry me, that side effect would be 100% unacceptable

Comment

• Dan26
                                • Jul 2012

hmm tru man

u can order RU premade from anagen though which helps with convenience, and i have definitely seen people with long hair using it. You just part the hair in 6 different places and apply through out

you seem commited to trying spiro tho so good luck hopefully no sides

Comment

Working...