Wait can this actually happen? basic idea..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • d0072
    • Jun 2009

Wait can this actually happen? basic idea..

I was thinking today, why cant we just grow hair through seeds or sumthing like that?
    I mean i was looking at the grass and well, people fertilize the grass and plant grass seeds and what not for grass to grow.
    Well isnt there a way we can put stuff on our hair to penetrate the scalp, create like a root of hair and just fertilize it and grow hair?
    hopefully im making myself clear here lol this is a wierd concept i was thinking about but is it possible to do so? pretty much just plant somesort of hair seed on the scalp and nourish it?
    Drs? people? thoughts?
  • smileyface19
    • May 2009

Are you retarded?

Comment

• d0072
      • Jun 2009

lol i know it sounds stupid.
      Im not saying plant seeds and watch it grow.
      More like,
      is it possible to spread a cell compound that can penetrate the scalp and evolve into a follicle.

Comment

• smileyface19
        • May 2009

a different idea would be to take synthetic hairs just like would be found on a wig and dip the ends in biodegradable plastic that would eventually dissolve (maybe over a year) harmlessly into the skin and allow the hair to be shed, mimicking the natural shedding of hair? maybe then they could be strand by strand sewn into the scalp after a local anescthetic is applied. Wouldn't this solve the lack of donor hair problem, I mean, if say someone had this done every time the faux hairs fall out of the scalp? scarring could be minimal if the curved needle was of a very fine caliber?

But hey, I don't have a PHD...

Comment

• Buckerine11
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by d0072
          lol i know it sounds stupid.
          Im not saying plant seeds and watch it grow.
          More like,
          is it possible to spread a cell compound that can penetrate the scalp and evolve into a follicle.
          That's pretty much the idea behind hair replication. They take hair follicular cells, multiply them, culture them, then implant them into your scalp. That technology is still a good decade away from the consumer market, imo. So, if you're still young, it's possible you can regain your head of hair when you hit middle age.

Comment

Working...