X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tbtadmin
    Administrator
    • Sep 2008

Hair Transplant Surgery Coupled With PRP Therapy

Platelet Rich Plasma, or PRP is blood plasma that has been concentrated to have about 5x the number of platelets found in circulating blood. These concentrated platelets found in PRP contain tremendous amounts of bioactive proteins, which include the growth factors PDGF and VEGF. These growth factors have been shown to initiate accelerated tissue [...]

More...
  • Dr. Glenn Charles
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
    • Nov 2008

I am confident that in some way this new PRP treatments used during hair transplantation surgery will become the gold standard. If you ask a patient whether they would rather have their grafts soaking in saline or in their own platelet rich solution that has tons of growth factors and other important contents, most would say the latter is a no brainer. We are only just beginning to realize all the potential PRP and PPP has. Soon there will be other formulas that are derived from these components and most likely using stem cells also.
    It is exciting to know we are on the brink of some great new technology.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• iwannakeephair1674
      • Nov 2008

It's exciting to have great doctors, like yourself, enthusiastic about what is going on with PRP and that are ready to explore PRP's potential with even newer/better treatments and technologies.

Comment

• Jeffrey Epstein, MD
        • Nov 2008

In fact, Dr. Charles and I are providing PRP to all our transplant patients at a small additional charge, as we believe that it only can help our patients get the very best results.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
        Foundation for Hair Restoration
        Miami and NYC
        Jeffrey S. Epstein, MD
        Foundation For Hair Restoration

Comment

• Dr. Lindsey
          • Dec 2008

I agree with the other docs that PRP likely has benefit. We have not yet offered it at our center, primarily due to logistics, but I expect that we will in the coming months. I still think it will be a while before the science behind it is fully understood. I suspect in 2015 we'll look back with 20/20 hindsight and have changed the application parameters quite significantly.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA
          William Lindsey, MD
          Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
          View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• Delphi
            • Mar 2009

I'm probably going to give Dr. Greco a call to have it done Why not, it seems like it has promise.

Comment

• josh
              • Feb 2010

Did you ever see Dr. Greco? how was your experience?

Comment

Working...