Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gillenator
    • Dec 2008

drybone,

A couple of things. Some doctors are of the opinion that being on finasteride and experiencing stabilization will also help in lowering shockloss levels. There is not clinical proof of this to my knowledge, but may have some degree of validity.

Be sure that the surgeon doing the dense packing is experienced with it and has proven results regarding the yield and overall result.

Many surgeons will want to shave down the recipient area when there is a fair amount of native hair existing within the proposed recipient area. The recipient incisions must be done acutely in order to avoid and minimize transection of the existing hair. It is then critical to follow the natural direction and angulation of the existing hair and why some surgeons want to first reduce the length of the hair shafts when working between them.

Probably many of your grafts from the first procedure were singles if that much hairline work was done. Chances are there will be more multiple hair bearing grafts used in the next procedure thereby providing more coverage and visual gain.

Best wishes to you in planning your next procedure drybone!
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• Squidgy
      • Dec 2016

Shock loss male 22

I had a ht 4 months ago to cover my front temples since then I have noticed heavy shock loss and the front of my head where healthy hairs have now gone and I'm 4 months in with no signs of new hairs growing I am only 22 and really scared that this will be permanent can anyone help me out thankyou.

Comment

• Louish
        • Aug 2015

There is nothing to be done, most likely the unethical surgeon that operated on a 22 years old is an incompetent as well...

Comment

• Squidgy
          • Dec 2016

So will none of the hair I have lost come back ??

Comment

• Louish
            • Aug 2015

Maybe none, maybe all of it will come back, only time will tell.

Comment

• Squidgy
              • Dec 2016

This is ruining my life thanks for the replies though

Comment

Working...