X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Winston
    • Mar 2009

Propecia for life?

Hi everyone,
    I was wondering if I had to continue to use Propecia for life after I have a hair transplant. Is it really necessary?

Thanks in advance!
  • tbtadmin
    Administrator
    • Sep 2008

Another user asked the exact same question. See our community member's responses here:

I have a question for the doctors on this site or another expert. Assuming that I am a good candidate for hair transplant surgery, and everything goes well, would I have to continue taking Propecia for the rest of my life to maintain my transplanted hair?

Comment

• gillenator
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Winston
      Hi everyone,
      I was wondering if I had to continue to use Propecia for life after I have a hair transplant. Is it really necessary?

Thanks in advance!
      Winston,

As long as you have any natural or native hair left to save, you'll need the medication.
      "Gillenator"
      Independent Patient Advocate
      more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• Jack Fisher, MD
        IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Winston
        Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance!
        Propecia is recommended for those who want to maintain the hair they have. Once a person stops taking Propecia, they can loose the hair Propecia has helped them maintain. Propecia would not be recommended for hair that has been transplanted; since transplanted hair is relatively permanent.
        Jack Fisher, MD
        Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
        View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

Working...