My hair transplant 12 years later
Collapse
X
-
I had an HT with Dr Feriduni in Belgium in 2011, still very happy with the results, and if/when life permits I'm quite keen to go back for a second go. I'm conscious that donor hair is a 'precious resource' so I'm interested in anything that would help, or tips, or whathaveyou.Leave a comment:
-
Have you had a consultation with a HT doctor or seen your family doctor just in case it is some other reason you are losing your hair?Leave a comment:
-
Thanks mac, when you say 'managing the donor', do you mean making sure to go with a good doctor? Or just continuing to take propecia? I think my donor is still ok but obviously every little bit helps.
Jealous of your amazing head of hair anyway! Also want to say that it's great you come back on the forum to show your results and help others out. Cheers.Leave a comment:
-
Thanks for the response. My hairs deteriorated since my last pics ~7 months ago. Being 24 and shedding what I consider to be a lot of hair daily, I’d be silly to undergo surgery now. I’ve been on Fin almost two years and min for over 3... but no sign of the hair lost stabilising...yet. I’ll keep my fingers and toes crossed that I’ll be a good candidate one day, and can attack it with a plan, as you eventually did!
All the best.Leave a comment:
-
Hi Buzz
My first surgeries were in the late 90’s, my first repair surgery was 2008. I was 42 going on 43.
I looked at your thread. Your hair looks ok to me. I would not do anything if I were you. If you can genuinely see thinning, maybe consider the meds to prevent future loss.
If I’d known about Finasteride way back then, maybe I’d never have needed a HT.
Hope that helps you.Leave a comment:
-
Do you mind sharing how old you were when you had your first surgery in 2008? I’m seeing plenty of people under 25 getting thousands of grafts in the front third. Of course some results look great for now...Leave a comment:
-
Cheers Joe. Managing and keeping what hair we have is important. Too many don’t think about this, especially the younger patients out there.Leave a comment:
-
Looks great, Bigmac. Congratulations! The combing looked very professional as well
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Clee. Managing the donor and choosing a good doctor who will best use your grafts is important.Leave a comment:
-
Looks fantastic! Is giving me some serious hair-greed envy, must admit.
Leave a comment:
-
Cheers Spex. I’m hoping my video will show people what can be achieved with proper planning.
I fear in ten years there will be a wave of disgruntled patients regretting the decisions they made this present time.Leave a comment:
-
Great video Bigmac. Nice to see you on here ! When I saw you in Manchester your hair looked great. Keep up the great work
Regards
SpexLeave a comment:
-
Hi Buzz.
To be honest I have not documented all of it.
Main surgery was in 2008. I had FUT 1600 grafts, 2009 I had FIT 1300 grafts. Both were excising out old strip scars.
I had 300 beards grafts added to crown and mid scalp area. I’ve had temp SMP and semi permanent SMP 4 years ago which has all by vanished now.
I went to SMG.Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: