• Show
Clear All
  • Stevedawg18
    • Jun 2016

Hi, Proscar is finastride.

Comment

• shazam
      • Oct 2016

Thanks for your answer. I almost went for FUT myself because more grafts, cheaper etc. But then I cancelled due to the scar. Not only the fact that it could be visible when buzzed 1mm but also as I believe the healing tie takes much longer. However, on this side of the ocean clinics hardly do any FUT anymore.

Comment

• Hairbrain
        • Apr 2016

Great update Stevedawg! Your making great progress. Has anyone, family, coworkers, friends, etc... made any comments or noticed. I only ask because you look to have a very natural progression. Look forward to seeing more images from you in the months ahead! Congrats........

Comment

• Stevedawg18
          • Jun 2016

Hi, yeah I'm not going to lie the recovery from FUT is pretty rough. My head swelled up pretty big for a few days and had staples in my head for 2 weeks. As for people noticing yes I've had a few knowing looks from coworkers but for the most part I think people are more concerned with their own lives.

Comment

• JoeTillman
            • Jul 2014

Stevedawg,

Nice update and I'm happy for your final result. As a Dr. Wong patient myself, I know exactly what you went through.

I think it is important however to clarify the healing issue. Your swelling was not due to this being a FUSS procedure, it is due to the number of incisions made and how your body reacted to it. The swelling was a combination of edema and also the saline that was injected into your scalp for tumescence. Some patients will swell worse than others but this happens with FUE patients as well.

The staples, however, are of course unique to FUSS and I agree that they can be a bitch. For me, they itched like crazy at the second week but the overall area of the incision line was mildly tender.

Regardless, I wanted to clarify this issue for anyone reading this. Again, thanks for the update and congratulations on your result.

Btw, that comment about people being more concerned about their own lives to concern themselves with you? Spot on! That's how it works
            Joe Tillman
            The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
            See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Comment

• hanginginthewire
              • Nov 2015

Thanks for updating SteveDawg! Looks good!

Comment

• Smallville
                • Jul 2016

Originally posted by shazam
                Thanks for your answer. I almost went for FUT myself because more grafts, cheaper etc. But then I cancelled due to the scar. Not only the fact that it could be visible when buzzed 1mm but also as I believe the healing tie takes much longer. However, on this side of the ocean clinics hardly do any FUT anymore.
                Max out FUT, then do FUE.

This is just the best thing you can do....

Comment

• shazam
                  • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Smallville
                  Max out FUT, then do FUE.

This is just the best thing you can do....
                  I think that depends on personal situation (hairloss situation, age, donor area strength). I want to keep the shaven/buzzed option always open in the future. Possibly with SMP combined. Hence my choice not to go FUT. Here in Europe (incl Turkey) it seems that less and less clinics are offering FUT anyway.

Comment

• Stevedawg18
                    • Jun 2016

7.5 month update

Ok everbody, as you can see it's really come in and matured. These photos were taken at approximately 7.5 months after the procedure. Scarring is pretty minimal and I think has been decreasing overtime. I can definitely say the waiting is over and enjoyment has fully set it in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0578.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	441636Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0582.jpg
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	441637Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0583.jpg
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	441638

Sometimes I still wonder is baldness a problem worth treating? At this point I'm tempted to say no but that's easy for me to say now. For most guys I see around I think shaving down is the best option but occasionally I see a guy and think you'd be a great HT candidate Anyway I think this might be my last update for awhile, I may do a 1 year final later.

Comment

• Hairbrain
                      • Apr 2016

Wow! Congratulations
                      Great coverage from where you started.
                      It was nice hearing you on the show last week. Directly after your procedure you seemed to be questioning whether or not it was worth it. I am assuming with your final result on the horizon you have answered that, so knowing what you know now and reversing the time would you make the same decision?

Comment

• Stevedawg18
                        • Jun 2016

Hi, Yes I can say it was worth it. Would I make the same decision if I could go back. I dunno I was petty close to just accepting being bald but too late now.

Comment

• Notbaldyett
                          • Nov 2017

Update

Hi Steve, your results are great. Has the situation improved even more? Looking forward to your next update.

Comment

• Stevedawg18
                            • Jun 2016

Final Update 13 month

Hi, I'm actually well past 13 months at this point but just getting around to posting all these images. I can definitely say it was worth it.

Name:	IMG_0665.jpg
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	442106 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0666_blurred.jpg
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	442107

Name:	IMG_0667_blurred.jpg