X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Harry West
    • Mar 2009

2 months post-op, bleeding in graft area

Hey Community,

I'm about two months post-op from my first HT, and today, I noticed some dried blood in my graft area. It seemed to be bleeding a fair amount since there was a dried ooze-drip (if that makes sense) and not just a dried little drop. Now, I'm guessing that at two months post-op I should not be worrying about a dislodged graft, but is it at all possible to have a graft dislodged after two months?

The injury could be from something completely different, and it just happened to be in my graft area. I don't recall hitting my head or cutting my head or anything. I also did not feel any pain. I was simply pulling my hair back in my hairline to check things out (as I do a few times a week), and I noticed the dried blood.

Any thoughts?

Thanks mucho.
  • Dr. Glenn Charles
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
    • Nov 2008

At two months post-op you did not dislodge a graft. This dried blood must have come from a different source. You may have injured that area without realizing it. You may also have a little folliculitis that you did not recognize and inadvertantly scratched it. This is quite common at 2-3 months post-op.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• Harry West
      • Mar 2009

Thanks for putting me at ease, Dr. Glenn.

Comment

Working...