Losing my HT virginity!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Notcoolanymore
    replied
    Originally posted by fred970
    Stabilize it? He's bald!

    Good luck with your HT abc!
    Look at the top of his head. Are any of those hairs worth saving? His crown could possibly thicken. You really think it doesn't matter if he loses any of that hair?

    Leave a comment:


  • fred970
    replied
    Stabilize it? He's bald!

    Good luck with your HT abc!

    Leave a comment:


  • Notcoolanymore
    replied
    Your not getting back on fin? I personally would stabilize if I was going to get a transplant. Good luck though. Keep us posted on your progress.

    Leave a comment:


  • abc123
    started a topic Losing my HT virginity!

    Losing my HT virginity!

    Hey guys and girls!
    I have been to a few forums over the years but I must admit this is by far the best!

    well my story...
    i'm pretty much from a family of bald men. father had completely lost his hair in his late 20's, both younger siblings have lost/losing majority of their hair. Well I noticed thinning at the age of 17/18. I started keeping my hair short from 21 and over the years its gone shorter and shorter to keep up with the receding hairline and further loss.

    I did go through a phase of using minoxidil - I found it very uncomfortable to use, constantly drying my scalp and flaking of the skin. I then started using 1mg finasteride but after 4-5months, with a marriage coming up I became worried about the potential s/e (well no body wants man booby's!) so stopped taking it. I must admit even though I didn't see any growth with either I felt both did stablise hairloss whilst using.

    Fast forward a few years... for the last 2years ive not used any products and actually came to terms with being bald... Unfortunately recently i've had the urge to give it a go with a hair transplant. Im soon to be 29 and feel im at the right age.... even though I no there isn't a specific age I feel if I leave it any longer it will never happen.

    My chosen surgeon is Dr Humayun in Islamabad, Pakistan. I'll be flying there (from the UK) in a weeks time and will keep a record of my progress. My plans are 3000grafts via FUE. Aims - general coverage, im not excepting my 15 year old hair coverage but I want to be able to notice sufficient coverage - especially frontal line and temporal regions

    Why Dr Humayun - cost is a big factor, but I have seen some of his work on real life clients and have been impressed. If cost wasn't a factor Dr Feruduni was top of the list and have also been impressed with Dr Hakan Doganay's work - but going to either country and not being able to speak the language puts me off for safety reasons...

    Anyways pre-op pics attached - im sorry I know there not great angles but it gives an idea of what I look like at present.











    Procedure date 17/01/2014
Working...