Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joely
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by C21
    Two weeks Thursday isn't it Joely? How you feeling?

I think I'm at the stage where you was last week when you was considering the number of grafts. Financially I can't afford to increase the 2500 but when I looked at my hair yesterday after getting out the shower my crown looked so much thinner. I could practically see the horse shoe of the sides and the thin on top.

It's really made me think whether I should use 500 in the mid/crown rather than 2500 purely on the front.. This may be the swing that makes me try propecia as well.

Yeah two weeks Thursday, Starting to get nervous and exited at the same time feels abit weird the last five years or so looking at procedures checking out doctors and the general bs feeling that comes with loosing hair and very soon I will be going under the knife.

May be worth giving Steve a ring he was really good when I told him about graft number ect and really put my mind at ease, Its Something to discuss with DR Krishnan as well on the day, Its my impression that they really do care about your best interests and aftercare seems pretty good from what Leemanuel is saying. But I am still juggling numbers and locations in my head one day I think I want a really good hair line the next I think Id prefer it thicker in the crown but I will talk it through with DR Krishnan and see what he advises, either way it will make a massive improvement on my current situation.

Leemanuel although you can see the scar it looks very neat, your hair will probably cover that in a couple of weeks. You can also slightly see the outline still of where the hair line will be and looks like you will get a decent final result.

Comment

• Dxq673
      • Feb 2014

Hi Guys,
      I also had a fut procedure done with Dr Krishnan last week, is it ok if I share my experience on this forum?
      Thanks

Comment

• joely
        • Sep 2011

Please do im up two weeks tomorrow how was it?

Comment

• leemanuel
          • May 2013

Originally posted by Dxq673
          Hi Guys,
          I also had a fut procedure done with Dr Krishnan last week, is it ok if I share my experience on this forum?
          Thanks
          Yes please do, would be really useful

Comment

• Dxq673
            • Feb 2014

Hi Guys,
            I'm a 32 year old male who is a Norwood 3, I have recession on the temples and crown.
            I have been suffering from hair loss for about 7 years now, it started off at the temples and in the last 3 years has now occurred in the crown.
            I've tried regaine and was allergic to it (itching). I've been using the laser comb for over 2 years, I would say that's it more of a cosmetic device I.e. it makes your hair look better but I wouldn't say it regrows hair (maybe slows down the loss at the most)
            I had a consultation at Ziering with Kevin back in Jan.
            He told me I needed about 3000 grafts to cover both crown and temples. Since I don't wear my hair too short he recommended the strip procedure.
            The strip was also a lot more cost effective than fue and will conserve more grafts for the future should I need further surgery. During the consultation I spoke to Dr Krishnan, I found him very professional and friendly.
            I then booked the procedure for mid march.
            On the day of the procedure:
            I was a little nervous, I took the sedative. I was then given the anaesthetic(may sting a little bit as expected). The extraction and sewing of donor area took no longer than 25 mins with minimal discomfort.
            Dr krishnan then made incisions in the recipient area while the technical staff dissected the strip.
            After that, the technical staff implanted the hair into my scalp, during this time I fell a sleep for about an hour, watched some films and had lunch. The pain was minimal, it was quite tiring sitting in the same position but I was allowed to stretch and visit the bathroom etc.
            The total procedure took about 9 hours but it was all worth it.
            I was given antibiotics, pain killers and steroids tablets (for swelling).
            Overall I would highly recommend Dr Krishanan (and his team) and ziering for a hair transplant. They are very professional and you do feel that you are taken care of.
            I am also so far happy with the results so far (will update with time) but the coverage looks amazing.
            In total i had approx 1700 grafts in the temples and about 1200 in the crown.
            I will try to upload some pictures.
            Post op pain can be controlled with pain killers, sleeping using a neck rest is a little awkward but I will continue doing it till I get the sutures removed.
            I have uploaded a picture which is 2 days post op, I will try to get my pre op pics from the clinic, but I can honestly say the the hairline has been totally restored. I keep the crown light and hairline was my preference.
            Any questions please ask.

Thank you
            Attached Files

Comment

• joely
              • Sep 2011

Hi Guys,
              I'm a 32 year old male who is a Norwood 3, I have recession on the temples and crown.
              I have been suffering from hair loss for about 7 years now, it started off at the temples and in the last 3 years has now occurred in the crown.
              I've tried regaine and was allergic to it (itching). I've been using the laser comb for over 2 years, I would say that's it more of a cosmetic device I.e. it makes your hair look better but I wouldn't say it regrows hair (maybe slows down the loss at the most)
              I had a consultation at Ziering with Kevin back in Jan.
              He told me I needed about 3000 grafts to cover both crown and temples. Since I don't wear my hair too short he recommended the strip procedure.
              The strip was also a lot more cost effective than fue and will conserve more grafts for the future should I need further surgery. During the consultation I spoke to Dr Krishnan, I found him very professional and friendly.
              I then booked the procedure for mid march.
              On the day of the procedure:
              I was a little nervous, I took the sedative. I was then given the anaesthetic(may sting a little bit as expected). The extraction and sewing of donor area took no longer than 25 mins with minimal discomfort.
              Dr krishnan then made incisions in the recipient area while the technical staff dissected the strip.
              After that, the technical staff implanted the hair into my scalp, during this time I fell a sleep for about an hour, watched some films and had lunch. The pain was minimal, it was quite tiring sitting in the same position but I was allowed to stretch and visit the bathroom etc.
              The total procedure took about 9 hours but it was all worth it.
              I was given antibiotics, pain killers and steroids tablets (for swelling).
              Overall I would highly recommend Dr Krishanan (and his team) and ziering for a hair transplant. They are very professional and you do feel that you are taken care of.
              I am also so far happy with the results so far (will update with time) but the coverage looks amazing.
              In total i had approx 1700 grafts in the temples and about 1200 in the crown.
              I will try to upload some pictures.
              Post op pain can be controlled with pain killers, sleeping using a neck rest is a little awkward but I will continue doing it till I get the sutures removed.
              I have uploaded a picture which is 2 days post op, I will try to get my pre op pics from the clinic, but I can honestly say the the hairline has been totally restored. I keep the crown light and hairline was my preference.
              Any questions please ask.

Thank you
              dxq,

\thanks for sharing the experience two weeks today until my turn, sounds like you had a good overall experience, im hoping for roughly the same amount of grafts / location as you but maybe a few less.

Looks like you will get a decent final result!

Comment

• joely
                • Sep 2011

DXQ, Do you have any before photos?

Comment

• Dxq673
                  • Feb 2014

Originally posted by joely
                  DXQ, Do you have any before photos?
                  Hi joely,
                  Here is one photo I took,
                  My existing hair is quite thick (luckily) but you can see the recession at the temples, it doesn't look so bad in the picture since my existing hair is covering some of that area but if I pulled my hair back there was quite a bit of scalp present.
                  The pre op photos they took at the clinic will show this a lot more clearly than my pic, I'm due to go for a hair wash on Monday so I will ask if I can get a copy.
                  Also when these hairs fall out I will post some pics as it will also show what it originally looked like.
                  I will also post a photo of my crown pre op.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• joely
                    • Sep 2011

Hi joely,
                    Here is one photo I took,
                    My existing hair is quite thick (luckily) but you can see the recession at the temples, it doesn't look so bad in the picture since my existing hair is covering some of that area but if I pulled my hair back there was quite a bit of scalp present.
                    The pre op photos they took at the clinic will show this a lot more clearly than my pic, I'm due to go for a hair wash on Monday so I will ask if I can get a copy.
                    Also when these hairs fall out I will post some pics as it will also show what it originally looked like.
                    I will also post a photo of my crown pre op.
                    Cool,

Looks like you are in for a good result! Im started to get rather exited about it all now, really looking forward tp having a hair line after all these years

Comment

• C21
                      • Jan 2014

Cant wait to get mine done now either, i just want all the indecision to be out the way and getting on with it.. I keep seeing what day 14 looks like and i see so much variance in terms of redness.

Did anyone buy the graftcyte aftercare pack? I'm hoping this helps a lot with the redness.

Comment

• joely
                        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by C21
                        Cant wait to get mine done now either, i just want all the indecision to be out the way and getting on with it.. I keep seeing what day 14 looks like and i see so much variance in terms of redness.

Did anyone buy the graftcyte aftercare pack? I'm hoping this helps a lot with the redness.
                        I have paid for it but I obviously don't know how it works, iv managed to go from 13 days to fourteen days I know it wont make much difference but the day I should have gone back im working with about 100 people I don't know and if it wil still be red I don't want them looking at me, day after will just be back to my own team so abit of piss taking wont hurt if they figure out what I have had done then they figure it out and it will be to late to change!Im hoping it will have gone down and my existing har may cover it though, I will have some concealer on stand by just incase!

Are you still unsure of grafts ect? every day im trying to think in y head how many grafts I want where! I will see what DR K says on the day what he thinks will be for the best and I imagine he will pretty much be on the money!

Comment

• leemanuel
                          • May 2013

Originally posted by C21

Hi

I'm just over 5 weeks (5 week 3 days) had a night out with people I'd only just met last night, they knew what I'd had done but couldn't see any redness scar etc - so that's good.

I was very obvious at 14 days, still had crusts and visible scar.

I wasn't convinced about the graftcycle copper pack I really wasn't, but ended up going for it on the day of surgery - it was well worth the extra spend - helped with the soreness and healing in my opinion.

You get disposable mini bandages soaked in copper peptides, you apply for 3 days after surgery, also has the same solution which you spray on every hour you're awake for 14 ish days (depending how often and amount you spray). Then you get a shampoo and conditioner again copper peptide that helps heal and soften the crusts. I also found that the conditioner helped with the scar healing at the back, the nurse commented on how easy the stitcher came out.

It could be a gimmick, but I genuinely don't know what else for those first two weeks what I would have washed my head with or even put on it.

Comment

• leemanuel
                            • May 2013

Originally posted by joely
                            I have paid for it but I obviously don't know how it works, iv managed to go from 13 days to fourteen days I know it wont make much difference but the day I should have gone back im working with about 100 people I don't know and if it wil still be red I don't want them looking at me, day after will just be back to my own team so abit of piss taking wont hurt if they figure out what I have had done then they figure it out and it will be to late to change!Im hoping it will have gone down and my existing har may cover it though, I will have some concealer on stand by just incase!

Are you still unsure of grafts ect? every day im trying to think in y head how many grafts I want where! I will see what DR K says on the day what he thinks will be for the best and I imagine he will pretty much be on the money!

I was so self conscious when I went back (I took 3weeks out) I was just dead set honest with people, said I've had a procedure done and it's F'ing sore so not to get on the wrong side of me . Deep down I was dying inside at the thought of people who came I to our office who would be staring (in my mind) then at the people who knew but maybe didn't think it had worked - people just don't get the whole waiting during the ugly ducking stage.

I know that's maybe not helpful mate, but im like you, have seen many posts when people have recovered after a few days.

Comment

• joely
                              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by leemanuel
                              I was so self conscious when I went back (I took 3weeks out) I was just dead set honest with people, said I've had a procedure done and it's F'ing sore so not to get on the wrong side of me . Deep down I was dying inside at the thought of people who came I to our office who would be staring (in my mind) then at the people who knew but maybe didn't think it had worked - people just don't get the whole waiting during the ugly ducking stage.

I know that's maybe not helpful mate, but im like you, have seen many posts when people have recovered after a few days.
                              Yeah I get the impression people expect you to walk out of the clinic with a full head!

Im just going to hide it the best I can and if I have to tell people I have to tell people, Im in the process of applying for a 6 month secondment to another area of my work so if I get that any sign will be gone by the time I start and after the six months is up if it hasn't become permanent and I go back hopefully it will have grown in anyway and people will have forgotten all about it

Comment

• joely
                                • Sep 2011

Righ gents a week today and its my turn,

Getting very exited now, and worried at the same time about recovery going back to work, going out drinking ect

DXQ / eemanuel how are you both getting on?

Comment

Working...