X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lindsey
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
    • Dec 2008

Complex scar revision and 1400 graft crown case by Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

This fellow came in from the midwest with a history of 3 strips for minigrafts back in the 90s and 3 scalp reductions. While my initial suggestion was to address thinning in the front, he was only concerned with trying to improve his scarring, and then, if any extra hair could be obtained, to fill in amongst his somewhat large minigrafts. We had a number of phone consultations over the last 7 months and he came in the day prior to surgery to make sure we were all set.

His preop exam shows that with hair the length that he likes to wear it, that his scar is not really noticable; but he is considering a shorter style and really did not want the scars, previously placed quite low on the scalp, to show.

Intraop, we extended the scar excision laterally and got around 1400 grafts which were placed among the minigrafts which had been trimmed to 6mm length.

He flew out the next morning and should have his sutures out in a few days. I've asked him to email pics then and at 1,3, and 6 months to review scar progress.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA
    Attached Files
    William Lindsey, MD
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile
Working...