Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wonderdog
    • Apr 2012

Fin shed

I am currently experience a massive shed over the entire of my hair particularly on top. Talking about 25% less coverage maybe more in less than 3 months, general diffuse thinning.

Currently in my 7th momth of taking fin, quarter tablet a day. All was good up until about 3 months ago and i could tell it was definutely halting the hairloss. Now, im not so sure.

From what i have read on this site it falls into the same pattern of the propecia shed most other guys taking it have experienced. But none of them seem to have posted much other than in "their darkest hour" when they have been shedding, is this a good sign? That the shedding has stopped and they have experienced regrowth, therefore not needed to post further.

If anyone has experienced this and has any follow up from the shedding period, for example length of shed and hair regrowth after and how long this took would really help ease my worries.

I am greatly concerned with the amount i am shedding all seems to be very miniturized hairs from all over my head, including scalp inflammation and dandruff.

currently on fin, minox 5% (just daily as difficult to applytwice a day) and nizoral.

And for those of you interested i Will try and not be one of those guys who doesnt follow this up without an update.
  • oOKawaiiOo
    • Apr 2012

Im still shedding alot and im on my 10th month of taking fin.

Alot = like over 60 hair lost/shower

Comment

• gutted
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by oOKawaiiOo
      Im still shedding alot and im on my 10th month of taking fin.

Alot = like over 60 hair lost/shower
      did you notice in the first few weeks hair was more stronger and anchored to the scalp/less hair shedding when showering or combing hair?

Comment

• Wonderdog
        • Apr 2012

I have realised i have worked it out wrong, i am
        Pretty sure i should be on my 9/10th month. Loosing track of months. Off bk to my doctor tomorrow for some advice on it so will confirm then. Still shedding bt no way near as mch as a weak ago but i havent got much left to shed.

As i said, it completely cut down on the shedding until 2/3 months ago. Hair looked good.

Comment

• oOKawaiiOo
          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by gutted
          did you notice in the first few weeks hair was more stronger and anchored to the scalp/less hair shedding when showering or combing hair?
          Its been consistent. Like right now if i was to run my hands thru my long dark hair.....I could probably pull out 3 hair easily without having pain. When I comb my hair I lose about 15 more hair. Im starting to think propecia has no effect on me!!!! because I dont have any side effects

Comment

• Wonderdog
            • Apr 2012

Im in the same boat. No sides jst shedding and my hair is very thin throughout now. I started taking it to avoid getting to this stage.

Comment

• gutted
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Wonderdog
              Im in the same boat. No sides jst shedding and my hair is very thin throughout now. I started taking it to avoid getting to this stage.
              do you notice a dandruffy/itch scalp?

Comment

• Wonderdog
                • Apr 2012

Quite a lot of dandruff and yes itching

Comment

• gutted
                  • Jan 2011

Quite a lot of dandruff and yes itching
                  you are on your 9/10 month, from what i read, propecia takes about 12 months to have its effect, others will tell you to stick with it and this is just a normal "shed" and to jus "ride it out" but my opinion is different and the oppposite.
                  speak to your doctor.

Comment

• Wonderdog
                    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by gutted
                    you are on your 9/10 month, from what i read, propecia takes about 12 months to have its effect, others will tell you to stick with it and this is just a normal "shed" and to jus "ride it out" but my opinion is different and the oppposite.
                    speak to your doctor.
                    Yeh he just said "ride it out". He Wasnt aware of a shed but hes only got like 3 patients on it so......

Comment

• Wonderdog
                      • Apr 2012

So, for those interested. Still shedding, slowed down
                      A bit after taking on an entire new level about 5 days ago. Still very thin and see through hair. If hair that is lost grows bak and takes me bak to where i was before xmas and stabilises i will be very happy. Started taking this drug to prevent getting to this stage cant help bt feel if it doesnt grow bak in then it has only fast tracked it. Will give an update in a couple of weeks.

Comment

• gutted
                        • Jan 2011

So, for those interested. Still shedding, slowed down
                        A bit after taking on an entire new level about 5 days ago. Still very thin and see through hair. If hair that is lost grows bak and takes me bak to where i was before xmas and stabilises i will be very happy. Started taking this drug to prevent getting to this stage cant help bt feel if it doesnt grow bak in then it has only fast tracked it. Will give an update in a couple of weeks.
                        this is one of the biggest misconceptions people who jump on fin succumb to, and its simply untrue!

Comment

• alex82
                          • Feb 2012

Hey wonderdog, seems like we are in a simillar situation. I'm at month 7 on fin. Hair has become very thin and dry. Scalp very itchy too. I can see through to scalp at front and have receeded somewhat more. Almost a nw 3 now where I was a 2 before starting. I can't help thinking your right about fin "fast tracking" mpb although I'm trying to be positive. I too would just like to get back to baseline but fear I may not now

Comment

• PvH
                            • Jan 2012

you could be in worse shape. people with thinning hair lose them in a hurry in many cases in a span of a year or two. your mpb may simply be overly aggressive.

Comment

• gutted
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by PvH
                              you could be in worse shape. people with thinning hair lose them in a hurry in many cases in a span of a year or two. your mpb may simply be overly aggressive.
                              haha, theres 2 people here who are reporting an accelaration of thier mpb both on fin, and you seem to think they have overly agressive mpb???

have you ever thought about fin causing this? then again i guess not cause its a proven treatment, right.

wonderdog, you may need to calm down on the dosage of fin, you could be suffering from hyperandrogenicity, which is doing much more damage than your normal mpb would have done.

Comment

Working...