Scar Repair 1032 beard hair grafts Dr Bisanga

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stevie R
    • Aug 2012

Oh but I didn't mean it for the survivability, I just meant that does Acell improve the texture of the scar more so than regular grafting? I thought you might know...thanks again.

Comment

• Oct 2011

Originally posted by ejj

my view is that i achieved approximately 99% growth without any healing aids
      So you counted approximately 1021.68 beard hairs ....
      Originally posted by ejj

Dr Bisanga at BHR , grafted 1032 beard hairs into my strip scars .
      ... within your new big bladder skin?

Comment

• Stevie R
        • Aug 2012

@534623, I think if you take pics of your scar after the procedure when the hairs are in the scar still and you compare to what his head is like today then sure you can count 1,000 or so hairs, why not? Also, I don't think you need to count to realize that you got a high percentage of grafts if you documented your case well enough. What matters is is that Ejj has a great result and can put the scar thing behind him, whether it's 99 percent growth, 93 percent or 87 percent. I am not sure what your point is by questioning him 587463, unless of course you are a rep or something for a clinic that promotes Acell.

Comment

• ejj
          • Dec 2010

Hi Stevie

I think the Acell makes the tissue less fibrotic , so instead of hard scar tissue its like `soft ` scar tissue , hope that makes sense , my thoughts are that it may cause more of a stretch when used in strip due to the tissue being softer .

I noticed the tissue was incredibly white after Acell , this was a concern of mine ,and was greatly improved by re establishing the blood supply by fues into it , I would monitor your scar for colour change over the coming months see how you go

Take Care

ejj

Comment

• Stevie R
            • Aug 2012

Well that makes sense ejj, and I can see how it stretched on you, which is a shame, yet I guess you don't have to worry about that now since you don't wanna go too low and your looking good now. How much do you think the scar can turn into more or less like normal skin? I mean what would be the percentage of the improvement ya think? It sounds good that it is softer though if it was to just improve a scar by dipping the grafts in ACELL, do you think that scar grafting makes a scar softer also? Do you think a smaller scar like mine say 0.5mm to 2 mm has a better or worse chance of becoming more like skin over the year the fue's grow in the scarred area? This is something that is hard to see on a camera yet Northeastguys case seems to have made is scar much better and of course you have had great results also, but I can't touch peoples scars I mean when I see them on pictures so I wonder, but I have seen a few in which I think the scar has taken on a skin like appearance almost but again I can't feel them, and it bothers me that my scar is so hard at the moment, but it is flattening out slowly...I think so that's good, guess I just need to be patient lol, thanks again ejj.

Comment

• northeastguy
              • Feb 2012

Hi Stevie.... I agree with Ejj. If your planning on doing 2 passes with FUE, I think your going to notice an enormous change in texture and color of the scar. Once you re-vascularize the scars, great things are going to happen. Just be patient and wait a full year after your 2nd pass before you do anything else. You may not need to do a single thing. The hardest part of any HT is the wait.

Comment

• Stevie R
                • Aug 2012

Ya I hear ya Northeastguy, but I figure that if I am gonna do recell and if there is a slight chance of losing a few transplanted hairs into the scar to get real skin in there then it may be better for me to do recell then waut a few months before my second pass, but then again after another 10 months I may not notice any whiteness in my scar and then it may just a density issue, if that. But I guess your right I got to just wait it out lol, another month or so and hairs will start popping in though, that will be nice...

Comment

• topcat
                  • May 2009

I had a small spot in the crown that can only be considered as some type of dead area where it was a constant scab and we are talking for years. Many other patients who had the hairlift procedure experienced the same. After my first fue session into that area it completely disappeared never to return. So I would agree with the area re-vascularizing and normal blood flow returning.

Comment

• Stevie R
                    • Aug 2012

@topcat, I know you said something about that before but could you maybe post a link with a similar scar sometime if you aren't too busy? But it obviously seems to be the case when you look at Daveone's pics here http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...VIEWTMP=Linear and his two small scars are completely gone and it seems vascularity played a major role as well in his large scar which you can't see after his 3rd fue session into it. Yet I wonder why your scab and Dave's scars seem to be hidden from eyesight at least and yet some still have a slight white line or perhaps an indent when cut low enough....Anyway I fear I may not be as lucky as you too so I will continue to research recell and other lasers that can improve the texture of the scar, hopefully recell is as good as I hope with adding actual skin to the once scarred area....anyway you think you can send a pic of just what your talking about topcat, or a link to a picture so that us less educated in hairlifts can compare this scab to our own scars, thanks much for the info fellas.

Comment

• topcat
                      • May 2009

Sorry Stevie I do not have a picture. I never expected the area to heal as we are talking maybe 10 years here. If I would have known I would have definitely taken some up close pictures of that area, sorry

Comment

• Stevie R
                        • Aug 2012

Oh ya you told me that before, but perhaps you have a picture of someone else on the internet that is similar so we can all know what type of improvement your talking about as I do not know what type of scab it is in size width and so on...

Comment

• ejj
                          • Dec 2010

i took this photograph today in bright light , it shows improvement to the scar tissue , its pinker , and of a more normal appearance
                          overall very happy

all the best

ejj

Comment

• Spex
                            Dr Representative
                            • Nov 2008

Great improvement man! Night and day compared to when we met a couple years back
                            Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• ejj
                              • Dec 2010

Cheers Spex

Ive come a long way from this picture taken a couple of years ago , horrendous scarring

ej

Comment

• Stevie R
                                • Aug 2012

Ya definitely an improvement in color ejj, it's hard to tell just how much but I have seen many examples of the texture of the scar improving, I am just impatient I guess. I think recell though can really fix the scar and make it normal skin, then it would just be a matter of placing hairs in the scar with the correct density, I am researching it still though yet guys like Daveone here have had their scars completely fixed without any recell or fraxel, just FUE, at least his 2 small scars on the bottom... check it out ejj, what you think? http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...=y&STARTPAGE=2 Anyway, I think your fixed, I can't tell you have a scar now and if that is as low as you wanna go I would say your done, are you done or will you do more?

Comment

Working...