Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BoSox
    • Jun 2010

Best hair concealers for thinning?

Spray or powder? What is the best..can I buy it in stores or online only?
  • Jcm800
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by BoSox
    Spray or powder? What is the best..can I buy it in stores or online only?
    Good question-shit I even find myself asking that lately..

Comment

• BoSox
      • Jun 2010

Seriously.. no effective products? FML.

Comment

• KeepTheHair
        • Mar 2010

I tried fibers and uh dermmatch...its all not really worth it at all. Fibers did nothingLOL dermmatch looks like chalk

Comment

• Jcm800
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by KeepTheHair
          I tried fibers and uh dermmatch...its all not really worth it at all. Fibers did nothingLOL dermmatch looks like chalk
          Scratch that idea then.

Comment

• BoSox
            • Jun 2010

What about Nanogen? There has to be something I can use to hide my thinning..

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
              • Jan 2011

I had Toppik and it looked good on me, I don't think it's for NW3+. It's better for NW1-NW2/2A. I want to buy some more.

Comment

• Deluxe
                • Jul 2010

Toppik Works

I would say I'm an NW3 with diffuse thinning throughout. I have only used toppik to conceal the thinning in the front. With the way I style my hair, it doesn't looks so bad. You just have to make sure you have some hair inorder for the stuff to stay. I dont think it really does anything to thicken up the hair, but it does a GREAT job at concealing any see through areas on your scalp. I would reccomend it to anyone.

Be careful though, once you start to use it, you will not want to leave the house after that without applying it because it works so well. Also, I would recommend the nozzle that attaches to target the areas instead of dumping all of it on at once, and plus you will save more of it. You dont have to purchase any of their sprays. Once I apply the toppik, I just pat it down and apply regular hairspray and it keeps it in place.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                  • Jan 2011

That is true, when I had Toppik, I couldn't leave home without it. Much better than wearing a baseball cap all the time.

Comment

• Jcm800
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Deluxe
                    I would say I'm an NW3 with diffuse thinning throughout. I have only used toppik to conceal the thinning in the front. With the way I style my hair, it doesn't looks so bad. You just have to make sure you have some hair inorder for the stuff to stay. I dont think it really does anything to thicken up the hair, but it does a GREAT job at concealing any see through areas on your scalp. I would reccomend it to anyone.

Be careful though, once you start to use it, you will not want to leave the house after that without applying it because it works so well. Also, I would recommend the nozzle that attaches to target the areas instead of dumping all of it on at once, and plus you will save more of it. You dont have to purchase any of their sprays. Once I apply the toppik, I just pat it down and apply regular hairspray and it keeps it in place.
                    Sounds worth a try actually. I'm lucky so far to have quite a full-ish crown at present - but becoming noticeable.

Just have to try it and see I guess, tho in my local Boots chemist it's bloody expensive!

Comment

• BoSox
                      • Jun 2010

I ordered some, with the spray attachment. If I can hide the hair loss for a bit, I might be ok.. I got an appoitment with a hair system expert to show me what options I have for the future in case hair cloning turns out to not be as effective as one hopes.. besides I'm not going to wait more than 4 yrs for something, I want hair, real or fake. I have been saving up money, have my own savings for hair cloning... I just hope the balance isn't 5 billion when it does come out :P

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
                        • May 2011

Dermmatch and Toppik work well but my honest advice is don't go down that road. I used dermmatch once but could see where it was headed. Don't become a slave to them or use a cap as a crutch. It's much better not too in the long run. Two of my friends won't go anywhere without a hat. It must suck to grow dependent on it. No concealers or caps for me. Tough in the beginning but not so bad now. I did bust out the dermmatch again for the fun of it to cover up a sideburn I kind of lopped off by accident. Silly me. I won't do that again.

Comment

• BoSox
                          • Jun 2010

Does toppik look natural up close? Or will it be noticable under light that there is powder on my noggin?

Comment

• crowningglory
                            Inactive
                            • Feb 2011

Toppik is pretty good compared to other brands although you may have to try several shades to get the right one for you.

Comment

• BoSox
                              • Jun 2010

Originally posted by crowningglory
                              Toppik is pretty good compared to other brands although you may have to try several shades to get the right one for you.
                              I have black hair, ordered black. Should I have bought dark brown?

Comment

Working...