Replicel

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NZGuy
    • Apr 2012

Check out their website. The results look okay. I guess they were just checking the safety of the treatment as their primary objective. Nothing spectacular but it beats what options we have at the moment.

Comment

• uninformed
      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Scorpion
      http://finance.yahoo.com/news/replic...123000737.html

I don't get it. Does it work or not?
      Base on the phase I and phase I alone, it works but won't give you full head of hair.

That's not saying subtle manipulations of dosage and/or repeated injections won't improve results

Comment

• BoSox
        • Jun 2010

It works, but leave it to people on this forum to shit all over it. I'm sure there will be plenty of negativity even from positive news.

Personally, i'm excited.. I still have faith that this is the cure.

Comment

• NZGuy
          • Apr 2012

It worries me that 37% of the placebo group showed an increase in hair density. That shows me that those who were measuring the results wanted to see an increase. Even in a double blind situation they wanted positive results.
          If someone understands this differently from me I'd be keen to hear your interpretation.

Comment

• WillhasWill
            • Mar 2012

The great news is that safety analysis is good. This and the fact that early efficacy analysis shows statistically significant hair growth means it will move forward and they will invest in the next clinical trial phase. Great news!

However, so far only 3.2% increase in terminal hair from baseline. So if I'm not mistaken their are no signs yet of this being an improved treatment compared to existing treatments available.

But this will hopefully be improved and Replicel are here to stay for the time being. Go Replicel!

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
              • Nov 2011

Originally posted by WillhasWill
              The great news is that safety analysis is good. This and the fact that early efficacy analysis shows statistically significant hair growth means it will move forward and they will invest in the next clinical trial phase. Great news!

However, so far only 3.2% increase in terminal hair from baseline. So if I'm not mistaken their are no signs yet of this being an improved treatment compared to existing treatments available.

But this will hopefully be improved and Replicel are here to stay for the time being. Go Replicel!
              Remember guys, they injected this shit at the TEMPLES. The hardest place to regrow hair.

pessimistic guys.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                • Nov 2011

So it's basically like Minoxidil, Finasteride? How effective is it compared to aforementioned treatments? Just another thing we can add to the arsenal? Now it will be the big 4 instead of big 3 or what?
                Yes, WITHOUT the sides!

Comment

• oracle
                  • Oct 2011

We need to see the data stratified by sex before getting down on the numbers. 9 of the 19 subjects were female. It seems to me that this treatment would more effective in men due to the quality cells in the male donor area. I don't think women have this stable donor area to pull cells from which, which could compromise their results.

Comment

• Thinning@30
                    • Mar 2010

At first glance, these results while positive, don't seem that impressive. I wonder if this will be like Histogen though, where greater efficacy was seen at the one year mark. Will the phase I subjects continue to be monitored? Also, it is not clear yet if the treatment is compoundable or if the injections could "immunize" follicles against further loss.

Also, remember that the Replicel injections were to the subjects' temples, which are considered much more difficult to treat than the crown. It could be more effective in other parts of the scalp, we just don't know yet. Maybe in the future we'll get stem cell treatments and a conventional FUE transplant for the hairline.

Like so many of you, I was hoping Replicel would demonstrate greater than 20.0% increase in terminal hairs, and we'd be seeing pictures of thick patches of hair where before there was only slick bald skin, but I still think there is room for some cautious optimism. I'm looking forward to Replicel's interview with Spencer.

Also, completely off-topic, the Project Norma researchers were supposed to put out a newsletter last week regarding the status of their Astressin-b trial, has anyone heard from them?

Comment

• uninformed
                      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by NZGuy
                      It worries me that 37% of the placebo group showed an increase in hair density. That shows me that those who were measuring the results wanted to see an increase. Even in a double blind situation they wanted positive results.
                      If someone understands this differently from me I'd be keen to hear your interpretation.
                      How can you be biased when all you are doing is counting hair?

Comment

• NotDyingBald
                        • Jun 2011

I know how much we want to hear 500% regrowth guys.

But we need to interpretate the numbers released. We are not talking about regrowth after the use of Minox, Fin, or whatever, where the follicles producing hair are already there, hair strucutures are already formed. Donīt forget that this is introduncing new cells into the scalp, so it takes time for the body to establish them, evolve and finally start working(producing hair)

So, if from Minox we need at least 6 months to start seeing(if they are) results, and 1 year or more, from Fin, i think that having hair growth from new structures only 6 months after injection(and in phase 1), its definitely good news.

Oh, and with that little tiny detail: without having to take the chances of having your dick dead.

Comment

• oracle
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by uninformed
                          How can you be biased when all you are doing is counting hair?

Since females were also present in the placebo group, I'm not overly concerned that some placebo subjects showed improvement. These high level results aren't very meaningful when male and female are grouped together since hairloss in males and females acts differently.

Comment

• uninformed
                            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by oracle
                            Since females were also present in the placebo group, I'm not overly concerned that some placebo subjects showed improvement. These high level results aren't very meaningful when male and female are grouped together since hairloss in males and females acts differently.
                            Yeh i am not concerned at all. It's just that some people here thinks that you can some how "make" the results more positive and that the improvements in the placebo group is an indication of the researcher's desire for positive results

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                              • Jul 2011

what kind of placebo did they use?

I dont get how the placebo was better than the actual thing?

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                                • Jul 2011

So it's basically like Minoxidil, Finasteride? How effective is it compared to aforementioned treatments? Just another thing we can add to the arsenal? Now it will be the big 4 instead of big 3 or what?
                                it's like minox, but not as effective

which is..... laughable

So...

1. dont give a release date for results
                                2. give vague date, and miss it
                                3. dont get the results of 16 patients out in time for annual report
                                4. hire stock pumper then realease sketchy stock disclaimer
                                5. finally release shitty results

conclusion: a complete success

Comment

Working...