Replicel

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NeedHairASAP
    • Jul 2011

sometimes it seems like none of the big 3 have 5 day work weeks. I mean.. seriously... 5 days went by this week and nobody seems any farther along... hell its been what? 90 days since anyone released any news?--- even the usual shitty worthless news they put out...

what the hell do these people do between 9am and 5pm? I could solve baldness in under a year, given a degree in biology or research, and a 5 day work week.

Comment

• Kiwi
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by NeedHairASAP
      sometimes it seems like none of the big 3 have 5 day work weeks. I mean.. seriously... 5 days went by this week and nobody seems any farther along... hell its been what? 90 days since anyone released any news?--- even the usual shitty worthless news they put out...

what the hell do these people do between 9am and 5pm? I could solve baldness in under a year, given a degree in biology or research, and a 5 day work week.
      lol - i'm pretty sure you couldn't, but I'm totally feeling you re the lack of news, i was hoping for a christmas update... sigh :P

Comment

• Pate
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Kiwi
        Replicel is a long way off compared to Histogen and Aderans.
        Depends on their results. Replicel did a lot of pre-clinical work, 10 years or so, so if they can come out in about March 2012 and show scalp results similar to the mouse ear results we've seen... I'd say that would leapfrog them ahead of Aderans and Histogen.

Aderans in particular have had to go back and do their Phase 2 trials again and again, apparently with slowly improving results. Histogen, well, who knows what's going on there, the last we heard suggested they were trialling multiple injections and follow-up injections.

So let's wait until Replicel release their results for this trial. Certainly they started off behind the other two, but with good results they could leapfrog ahead and possibly even move on to the next phase trial while Aderans and Histogen are stuck repeating their Phase IIs.

Comment

• Tracy C
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by BoSox
          When they say dormant hairs can be regenerated, does that apply to a bald scalp or just hair that is really thin and barely visible?
          It is my understanding that a dormant hair follicle is a hair follicle that does not produce any hair at all. It is also my understanding that Replicel’s treatment is expected to stimulate dormant hair follicles to produce hair again. It is also expected to rejuvinate miniaturized hair follicles to enlarge and return to normal terminal hair producing follicles - and it is expected to generate new hair follicles. In show biz this would be called a triple threat.

Folks don't seem to realize that Replicel has been working on resolving human hair loss for over nine years, with a determined focus on resolving female hair loss. They have been studying general hair regenerative medicine for even longer (over 20 years). They know a lot more about it than ya'll think. We may have just recently learned about Replicel but that does not mean they are new to this game. I don't know which biotech company will be first to market, but I feel Replicel has the best solution - especially for women. If it works half as well as expected, it is worth waiting for. I am no more an expect than anyone else participating in this thread, however I do not feel the wait will be as long as folks here are speculating.

On a side note: Just knowing that hair regeneration is on the horizon has relieved my stress over my own hair loss a great deal. That in and of itself is a very important part of recovering from hair loss.

Comment

• clandestine
            • Aug 2011

Anyone else concerned about how Replicel's research seems to cater largely to a female audience, and as such may not develop an entirely appropriate solution for mpb?

Comment

• HairTalk
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by clandestine
              Anyone else concerned about how Replicel's research seems to cater largely to a female audience, and as such may not develop an entirely appropriate solution for mpb?
              Perhaps they're just trying to include a market that isn't very well-comprised within currently-available (2011) therapies; on their Web site, at least, RepliCel does share a video featuring a prospective male (computer-animated) patient.

Comment

• WashedOut
                • Dec 2011

Their treatment should work on either gender.

Comment

• Tracy C
                  • Sep 2011

Originally posted by clandestine
                  Anyone else concerned about how Replicel's research seems to cater largely to a female audience?
                  There is no reason to be. The desire to find a better solution for female hair loss is their motivation. The efficacy of Replicel's treatment should be the same - or close to the same - for both males and females.

Comment

• TheLongnHairyProphet
                    • Jan 2012

Replicel

Guys...I've been lurking hairloss forums for over 6 years...reading about research papers...waiting for the cure for hair loss.....seen so many promises....counting the days for the cure to come. At some point I even thought about changing my degree to biomedical eng but ended with electrical eng instead lol (just to be on the safe side if I need money for the cure).

This is the only time I have decided to create an account in any hair loss forum at all to tell you to keep hope alive. I think replicel is the closest we are getting to a real cure (WITHIN OUR BALDING LIFETIME and by that I mean the lifetime of somebody with MPB if u know what i mean) and Replicel is going ALL OUT with their phase 1 trials.

SO FOR ALL YOU NEGATIVE NANCIES ABOUT "THE EFFECTIVENESS"(I might agree with some of the negative nancies about the release though :S ), YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY OR AT LEAST ENJOY THIS 3 MONTHS OF HOPE, EVEN IF IT'S FALSE. Replicel is the ONLY CURE YOU MIGHT SEE/BE ABLE TO USE IN YOUR MISERABLE LIFETIMES.

However there are things that concern me...how will they market this, If they will market this after Phase 2, AND IF they will publish the effectiveness ...even if it's very successful, there will be probably something affecting their market release too. I know bald celebrities will pay Gazillions and are reading this forum as we speak too...

That's where I'm being a negative nancy...as for the effectiveness Im sure it's working as we speak...but might not be the real problem.

'Till April 2012 Guys.

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
                      • May 2011

You know if this really works Spencer can help Replicel provide the treatment through the best IAHRS clinics. H&W, Rahal, Feller, Shapiro bros, Feriduni etc. I think it would be in the best interest for the patient anway but we'll what happens. That would be a safe platform to get it out to the public initially. That would be my hope.

Comment

• sausage
                        • Jan 2012

This looks years away from anything good happening.....

Looks too good to be true to me, I can't imagine that creating a full head of hair with a few injections. The existing hair will continue to fall out anyway and you'd have to come back for more, just like a transplant.

The other thing that I don't get is....wouldn't DHT still exist therefore making any new hairs fall out or do they take the cells from the longer lasting hairs at the back of the head which creates DHT resistant hair on top/front of the head. I guess so.

1. Why did I have to go bald.

2. Why did I have to go bald 5-10 years too early...there will probably be some sort of cure by then but I'll be too old by then.

Comment

• RichardDawkins
                          Inactive
                          • Jan 2011

There is only one thing right now which i am concerned about and this is the money thing

I dont wanna rattle some bushes here, but i personally think in at lest three years, being bald will be seen as a poor mens "desease"

because not everyone will get their hands on those treatments-

That those treatments will stop hairloss and generate you a head of hair with around 80% of your native density, should be clear even from early numbers, but the price tag is not final and this can be a real downer

Comment

• sausage
                            • Jan 2012

I don't think I will invest my savings in a house for a while yet. As long as its not over £20,000 and it 100% works then great. But I think we may be getting over optimistic, who knows what will happen. Just hurry up please!!!!!

Comment

• nrj
                              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by sausage
                              This looks years away from anything good happening.....

Looks too good to be true to me, I can't imagine that creating a full head of hair with a few injections. The existing hair will continue to fall out anyway and you'd have to come back for more, just like a transplant.

The other thing that I don't get is....wouldn't DHT still exist therefore making any new hairs fall out or do they take the cells from the longer lasting hairs at the back of the head which creates DHT resistant hair on top/front of the head. I guess so.

1. Why did I have to go bald.

2. Why did I have to go bald 5-10 years too early...there will probably be some sort of cure by then but I'll be too old by then.
                              , you need to listen to the interview or visit the replicel website or get informed or something.

1. You will only need a certain number of follow-ups within a small time frame depending on the efficacy it has on you and how severe your hair loss is.

2. The existing hair wont continue to fall out because the hairs that are programmed to fall out (have DHT receptors) will be rejuvinated/mitose with the dermal sheath cup cells of resistant hairs from the back of the head that never fall out, so it will let you keep your existing hair.

3. Im guessing with a combination of hair transplants and replicel or histogen or aderans or whatever is best at the time, you will be able to achieve a full head of hair again.

Its good to be optimistic, because newcomers of a young age on this forum reading depressing pessimists poking holes where there are none really can make things alot more daunting, the fact is there isnt any reason to be depressed at all, its not just 1 company, its many multi-million dollar companies focusing on a common goal and if your at the early stages of losing your hair, great ! it will be out in good time. If you've already lost alot of your hair, you've probably figured out how to live with it and can hold on a couple more years.

I feel like ultimately hair loss is what you make of it, just chillout, relax and enjoy your life however you can because life is not all about hair and look to some of your bald role-models to help you get through it all if it starts to get tough .

Comment

• thechamp
                                • Jan 2011

We expect to release results from this trial in April 2012.* Data from this clinical trial will be used for the development of a Phase IIb dose-ranging trial which is expected to commence in the fall of 2012 in Europe and/or North America.* We do not anticipate having a commercial product sooner than 2015.* Regulations established for the development and marketing of cell-based medicinal products are in place to ensure that all products that are made available to the public are first and foremost, safe and also efficacious; that is, they are able to have the intended clinical effect.* In order for products such as RepliCel to adhere to these regulations, clinical trials must be conducted to determine the effects products will have when administered to humans. RepliCel’s present clinical trial is designed to provide the company with safety data as well as some indication of efficacy.* If successful, this trial will be followed by larger clinical trials to establish an ideal cell dosing.* A commercial product may be available after those trials are finished.

Comment

Working...