X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hellouser
    • May 2012

Originally posted by Vox
    Indeed, this is what they say here:

Treatments for conditions of the follicle account for a total market exceeding $10 billion annually, despite a lack of truly effective solutions.
    What is the percentage of men that actually do something about their hair loss? I know its a rather small number, but the 10 billion dollar mark could be even higher IF there was a legitimate treatment as more men/women would be willing to actually spend the money for it, as a vast majority dont.

Lets do some math!

There are 7 billion people in the world, half of which are male. 50% of the worlds population was under 30 years of in 2012. So, we have 1.75 billion men in the world over the age of 30. Let's assume about 50% of the 1.75B men are balding, thus: 875 million. (25-33% of men are balding before 30 years of age, and up to around 66% by around age 50). But now we need to know how many men are actually seeking hair loss treatments. In China its around 47%. Let's go with that figure seeing how china's population trumps everything else. So now we have about 437 million men worldwide battling hair loss, roughly. Lets be generous and bring it down to around HALF of that; 220 million.

Now, this isn't even taking into account women or men under 30 years of age (which is a gigantic number in its own right).

Follica needs to hurry the hell up, those many hundreds of millions of people seeking treatments will have to be divided with Histogen and Replicel and if Pilofocus/Dr. Nigams hair doubling do in fact give regeneration, Follica is going to get an even smaller piece of the pie.

They're wasting precious time.

Comment

• greatjob!
      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by hellouser
      What is the percentage of men that actually do something about their hair loss? I know its a rather small number, but the 10 billion dollar mark could be even higher IF there was a legitimate treatment as more men/women would be willing to actually spend the money for it, as a vast majority dont.

Lets do some math!

There are 7 billion people in the world, half of which are male. 50% of the worlds population was under 30 years of in 2012. So, we have 1.75 billion men in the world over the age of 30. Let's assume about 50% of the 1.75B men are balding, thus: 875 million. (25-33% of men are balding before 30 years of age, and up to around 66% by around age 50). But now we need to know how many men are actually seeking hair loss treatments. In China its around 47%. Let's go with that figure seeing how china's population trumps everything else. So now we have about 437 million men worldwide battling hair loss, roughly. Lets be generous and bring it down to around HALF of that; 220 million.

Now, this isn't even taking into account women or men under 30 years of age (which is a gigantic number in its own right).

Follica needs to hurry the hell up, those many hundreds of millions of people seeking treatments will have to be divided with Histogen and Replicel and if Pilofocus/Dr. Nigams hair doubling do in fact give regeneration, Follica is going to get an even smaller piece of the pie.

They're wasting precious time.
      I wonder if when a cure/treatment actually does come out how long it will take the majority of the public to believe it. Most people write everything off as bullshit because of all the years of snake oil being shoved down our throats. I know everyone on the forum communities will be lining up to get treated, but I bet their will be a significant lag in time before the general public actually buy into a cure.

Comment

• HairBane
        • Apr 2013

The way I see going is this: One of Follica, Replicel, Histogen or another come to market in 2015-2016. Their treatment works, but isn't great, and certainly isn't a cure from NW7-1, maybe the results look very slightly odd, or the regrowth isn't a huge amount. It will initially be used to supplement transplants, or give some very substantial filler to people with thinning or receding NW2-3 to NW1-2. It will also probably need to be re-done occasionally, and an anti-androgen taken to keep non-DHT-resistant hair.

I also think it will initially be quite expensive, somewhere between a few years supply of propecia and a hair transplant most likely.

So I don't think that it will happen in the way some of you see it happening (a single biotech hair regen company comes to market, destroys all the competition and almost all balding people get it immediately). It will be a fairly slow take-off probably - we will all improve our hair because we're all fanboys and money and anti-androgens and multiple procedures won't get in our way. But until it comes down in cost and the efficacy is pretty much perfect (probably around 2020-2025?) it will be a gradual shift towards these kind of treatments over the traditional, and most balding men still won't use them.

Comment

• hellouser
          • May 2012

Originally posted by greatjob!
          I wonder if when a cure/treatment actually does come out how long it will take the majority of the public to believe it. Most people write everything off as bullshit because of all the years of snake oil being shoved down our throats. I know everyone on the forum communities will be lining up to get treated, but I bet their will be a significant lag in time before the general public actually buy into a cure.
          There definitely will be a transitional period of time before proper treatments are widely accepted. But, I, and I'm sure you yourself will feel somewhat similar, would rather be first in line than have the rest of the world benefit from it. Obviously guys on the forums have been more progressive in finding treatments and we'll be the first to know. I hope all of us on the forums are amongst the first to get cured. I really don't want to any more time on these damn forums.

Comment

• deuce
            • May 2013

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but why would the lady who works on follica's research team tell me they are not in trials. People need to face the facts that a cure is long away still. I have been coming to these sites for 3 years and nothing has come to fruition in that time. Absolutely nothing. PdG2 was the big thing and that fizzled out. Follica will fizzle out. They are not even in trials. Hair loss sucks and is bullshit fellas. I just want to wake up one day, and the headlines say, "Follica has cure for baldness and will be on shelves in 6 months" I mean how unbelievable would that be? I can only dream. It just doesnt look like its going to happen.

Comment

• hellouser
              • May 2012

Originally posted by deuce
              Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but why would the lady who works on follica's research team tell me they are not in trials. People need to face the facts that a cure is long away still. I have been coming to these sites for 3 years and nothing has come to fruition in that time. Absolutely nothing. PdG2 was the big thing and that fizzled out. Follica will fizzle out. They are not even in trials. Hair loss sucks and is bullshit fellas. I just want to wake up one day, and the headlines say, "Follica has cure for baldness and will be on shelves in 6 months" I mean how unbelievable would that be? I can only dream. It just doesnt look like its going to happen.
              Worse than your negativity is you spreading misinformation:

Originally posted by hellouser
              Spencer and Joe From Staten Island both stated they are in human clinical trials and both said that Follica succesfully grew hair through NEOGENESIS.

Puretech Ventures which is funding Follica, clearly states on their website they are in Human Clinical Trials:

From what I've read/heard, Follica doesn't need a complete 3 phase trials as the substances theyre using to generate new follicles are 'known substances' and apparently they only need approval for the wounding device (which, what we know from the released patents is a laser). If anyone has more concrete info, please correct me on any of the points i've made, im not 100% sure, theres too much info coming through the pipes lately with all the hair loss solutions (which, is a good thing, finally)
              Notice that according to Follica's backing, they are about HALF WAY through human clinical trials.

Comment

• deuce
                • May 2013

I may be negative dude, but I am a realist. There is nothing that is coming in the next year or so. You may not like my opinion or my ideas, but it is the truth. Hair loss sucks man, I wish every person on here did not have to deal with this shit. What is even worse about it is there is nothing we can do about it. Where does it say on that website that they are in clinical trials. The person that is on the board of researchers for the fckin study says they have nothing in trials right now. So how am I spreading misinformation. I have been on here for years, and nothing has come to fruition. Hellouser I do not mean to get anyone mad or let anybody down. I just come here to vent man. I hope I am wrong. I am just sick of getting my hopes up and let down. Cotsarelis also said 2 years ago that we could see a cure on shelves in a few years and nothing happened.

Comment

• hellouser
                  • May 2012

I may be negative dude, but I am a realist. There is nothing that is coming in the next year or so. You may not like my opinion or my ideas, but it is the truth. Hair loss sucks man, I wish every person on here did not have to deal with this shit. What is even worse about it is there is nothing we can do about it. Where does it say on that website that they are in clinical trials. The person that is on the board of researchers for the fckin study says they have nothing in trials right now. So how am I spreading misinformation. I have been on here for years, and nothing has come to fruition. Hellouser I do not mean to get anyone mad or let anybody down. I just come here to vent man. I hope I am wrong. I am just sick of getting my hopes up and let down. Cotsarelis also said 2 years ago that we could see a cure on shelves in a few years and nothing happened.
                  You're not a prophet and thus you, nor anyone else has any idea of what is or what is not going to be available in a year or two. THATS realism. If Dr. Nigam's doubling technique is verified by Dr. Mwamba or Dr. Wesley's Pilofocus show's regeneration, we'll be set by next year. Follica won't as relative until they release their product.

And my god, the link I provided, TWICE after another member posted it CLEARLY shows they are half way through human clinical trials.

Comment

• TheSwingingGate
                    • May 2013

Maybe they are not technically in trials at this moment, perhaps they are between trials.

Comment

• deuce
                      • May 2013

Hellouser I hope you are right man. I am not arguing with you or trying to get in a pissing match. Hey if I was a prophet I sure would not be on this site. I am just a realist, and from lack of evidence there is nothing coming out soon. I hope it does, and what is a puretech venture. That site is not legit. You do not see anything on the clinicaltrials.gov about Follica. HEy I would agree with you, BUT THE PERSON ON FOLLICA"S RESEARCH TEAM TOLD ME THERE IS NOTHING IN TRIALS RIGHT NOW. Email them if you do not believe me. Best wishes people. I hope something does come out. I am just sick of false hopes.

Comment

• hellouser
                        • May 2012

Hellouser I hope you are right man. I am not arguing with you or trying to get in a pissing match. Hey if I was a prophet I sure would not be on this site. I am just a realist, and from lack of evidence there is nothing coming out soon. I hope it does, and what is a puretech venture. That site is not legit. You do not see anything on the clinicaltrials.gov about Follica. HEy I would agree with you, BUT THE PERSON ON FOLLICA"S RESEARCH TEAM TOLD ME THERE IS NOTHING IN TRIALS RIGHT NOW. Email them if you do not believe me. Best wishes people. I hope something does come out. I am just sick of false hopes.
                        Puretech Ventures is whats driving all of Follica's finances. Theyre the ones responsible for their funding. Without them, Follica wound need to have funding elsewhere. Looking at Puretech Ventures, looks like theyre involved in a lot of healthcare ventures, which is GOOD... unlike Aderans where they just sell f**king wigs! Anyway, the site is 100% legit. The information is there and absolutely verifies where Follica is.

Ignore what the PR person said to from Follica, I'd take their word with a grain of salt anyway. However, they could be just about to be starting Phase II trials, so maybe theyre not in trials RIGHT NOW, but we do know they finished Phase I. I can't remember, but did Spencer & Joe from Staten Island say they are IN phase II trials or WILL BE in Phase II trials?

Comment

• deuce
                          • May 2013

Oh ok I got ya. I did not realize what puretech was. Well that is good news. I do not remember either what Spencer and Joe said it was vague. I really hope this comes to fruition. I wish these companies would release updates every month instead of once or twice a year. I think I am going to try to stay off the site for at least a month, and just dermaroll. Its hard to stay off these sites though. Hellouser and everyone else I admire your drive and passion for curing this. I wish we could do more. If i hit the lottery tomorrow. I would hire a team of scientist and testters to find the right vehicle and safety of CB for everyone and make unlimited supplies of it and give it away, but hey its not going to happen. Good luck everyone. I will be back soon.

Comment

• hellouser
                            • May 2012

Oh ok I got ya. I did not realize what puretech was. Well that is good news. I do not remember either what Spencer and Joe said it was vague. I really hope this comes to fruition. I wish these companies would release updates every month instead of once or twice a year. I think I am going to try to stay off the site for at least a month, and just dermaroll. Its hard to stay off these sites though. Hellouser and everyone else I admire your drive and passion for curing this. I wish we could do more. If i hit the lottery tomorrow. I would hire a team of scientist and testters to find the right vehicle and safety of CB for everyone and make unlimited supplies of it and give it away, but hey its not going to happen. Good luck everyone. I will be back soon.
                            Good luck man! There's still plenty of room to experiment with! I'm still a firm believer that a combination of things may help and am on the lookout for injecting FGF-9 right after wounding. Just gotta see if its safe!

Comment

• Hair87
                              • Apr 2013

Is well known that follica is not disclosing anything right now.

Excerpt from Xconomy
                              Few stories have struck a chord with Xconomy’s readership quite like that of Follica, the PureTech Ventures-incubated startup founded in 2006 with plans to combat male and female pattern baldness by using adult stem cells to grow new hair follicles. Unfortunately, details regarding Follica’s science—let alone its clinical progress—have been as tough to spot as a good toupee.
                              Link: http://www.xconomy.com/boston/2013/0...dness-therapy/

And there is a legit source which says Follica is indeed going through clinical trials

Excerpt from PR newswire
                              The company has run a series of human clinical trials, including a Phase IIa trial, which have demonstrated follicular neogenesis in humans for the first time.
                              Link: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...209914441.html

Comment

• HairlossAt15
                                • May 2013

Guys the clinical trials are ongoing and the science is sound (peer-reviewed and would not be published if was found to be inaccurate). Its pointless coming on here speculating 24/7 based off your made up opinions and putting down hard-working scientists far more important and better than you......... Not to mention 100s of 100s of 100s of times smarter.....

A simple google search can prove they are in clinical trials and a bit of time spent reading there peer-reviewed, painstakingly proved scientific papers(multiple tests on 100s of mice, tabulation and interpretation of data - which none of us would be able to make any sense of) is more than enough evidence they know what there doing. If you dont like it then perhaps you should get the correct qualifications and research it yourself.... But you would rather sit here moaning about how hard you're life is whilst they dedicate there lives to others.

Any confusion is generated by the media or your own inability to see the facts....

A harsh but real truth.

Comment

Working...