+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Thumbs up

Notcoolanymore...brother, your actually COOL in my book!
    I have always liked reading your comments on this forum because overall, you dont seem to allow speculation or negativity to destroy you.
    Besides wanting to find out what we can do for our own hair loss, many of us are here to help and SUPPORT each other.
    To quote Spencer Kobren.."Hair-loss is a Silent epidemic of the mind and spirit"
    ..and thats why the BTT forum exists Thanks to Spencer !
    Community Spirit is so very important for all of us, not just on this forum but everywhere around us...throughout or lives!
    You are a compassionate man 'Notcool' and it shows ..Thank you.
    Inspects Thank you too Bro!
    When I was writing that last comment , the recent discussion I had with my son, I was unsure if I should have post it or not.
    Now I know that it was OK to post,,and I appreciate everyone's responses!!
    Prior to all that, I was not sure if I would or should have that hair loss discussion with my 16 year old son last Saturday.
    I decided to more for his sake than anything else.. I expect that he would not have major worries over it later but you never know if he ever did ,he KNOWS NOW to talk to his Dad about it and that he could be helped..
    Guys, I certainly believe that hair loss will have much much better treatments in the future.. (relatively nearby)
    Finasteride for the time being IS a fantastic treatment to consider next to surgery.
    At least with my son it will not be a 'silent epidemic' IF he begins to see signs of hair loss. He knows that he has his father's SUPPORT.

Jcm800 ,,hi you added-"All middle age men here doing well on the drug and tolerating it..interesting. (very true)
    Is anyone also taking other medication alongside finasteride? (For other health reasons, not hairloss)"
    Thats a good question Jcm'
    I take along with Finasteride ,
    the nutrient Biotin 2500 mcg "for healthy Hair, Skin & Nails"

and I also use the shampoo Nizoral 1% (as directed)
    I actually heard about the use of both additives on HERE ,,of course I did my research prior to trying them out.

Long story short,,I appreciate all the positive comments here Thanks to all.

Cool Arista, my question re other medication was more regarding taking finasteride with other drugs, not supplements as such. Want to know if other guys feel safe taking fin with other drugs really.
    Hope that makes sense? Peace

Hi Jcm' ,,yes sorry, I noticed that after i had posted my comment.
    You certainly do make sense..

Maybe we should create a thread on that particular topic..
    That might be a good conversation to start.

Its cool Arista. My reasoning is as we're middle aged,there's a likely hood that some of us may need other medication, for different ailments.

I for instance will shortly have to start taking a pill lifelong for over active bladder. Taking that with Finasteride does worry me, just wondering if other guys take fin alongside other treatments safely?

Smile

Hi again Jcm800, I called and left a message with my GP to ask him of what you were concerned about.
    He will eventually get back to me ..
    I found this online for you to check out..

http://www.drugs.com/drug-interactio...,propecia.html

Interesting informational website, of course, the best person to talk with about this concern would be your doctor.
    I personally have to take Lisinopril daily ,my doctor knew that there would not be a bad interaction.
    When I checked my med' out on that drugs.com website it said this
    "There were no interactions found in our database between lisinopril and Propecia(Finasteride)"

Thanks bud! The pill I'll be taking is called Mirabegron, it's only been on the market around 2 years so I'm not sure they would even have tested it with Fin yet?

Thanks kindly for making enquiries, kind of you :-)

Thumbs up

Hello everyone,,
    First of all, Hey Jcm800, how are things with you now?
    My apologies , Ive been so busy these days.
    I had not heard back from my GP about that Mirabegron topic and quite frankly, my mind has been on so many other things..lol. Sorry.
    I will resend that letter to my Doctor regarding the combination of the two meds. He usually answers within 1-2 days but maybe it didnt go through.

Secondly, Everyone...I am at the midpoint of my 8th month on Finasteride.
    There is no doubt that the med did STOP the progression of my hair loss.
    There is also no doubt that it has been improving my 'good' hair as well as my effected hair.
    The hair which has not been 100% minimized by DHT is now rejuvenating.
    It is quite possible that some hairs which had been 100% minimized by DHT MIGHT be showing signs of 'waking' up.
    I try not to focus on that right now...
    (Lets see what happens at the one year mark)
    In late 2010 when I would apply that hair concealer 'Toppik' to my scalp,,it was beginning to look like a big waste of time to do..My hair back then was really beginning to minimize. Today, when I would apply Toppix it seems not to be a waste of time any more!
    Cheers to all

Hey Artista.. I'm ok so to speak. I'm due to see my consultant regarding possible treatment with that drug on Thursday. I'll ask if he's even heard of Finasteride, he may not even want to discuss it.. Will see.

I'm still worried about taking the Fin tho, I read ppl like StayThick getting sides, it does worry me. But equally, I would like to try it..

Thumbs up

Yes there are some that say that they do experience 'sides BUT there are quite a few who say that they do not experience any major 'sides ..like me.
    Keep in mind, if you did ever experience any 'sides..more than likely it would nothing close to being catastrophic and would at some point 'go away'

Im glad that you are doing good Jcm' Stay positive bro!!

That's the thing, watery semen? No problem with that.. Other sides, like gynaecomastia or depression etc, they scare me!