Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Artista
    • Apr 2010

Hello everyone,
    This month, August2014, marks my usage of 1mg per day of Finasteride at 1 year now!
    Dr Reddy's generic Finasteride has improved my scalp. I do not have a full head of hair of course but my hair density is continuing to get better.
    A year ago I would not have tried using hair building fibers/concealers like Toppik or Caboki anymore because it was then a waste of time.
    I had first purchased those brands approx 3 years ago in 2011. At that time they did help.
    In 2012, as Ive already said,,they were then a 'waste of time' to use because my hair loss progressed substantially.

A few months ago I spotted Toppik in our bathroom cabinetry and decided to give it a try (again).
    Low and behold I was surprised to see that it was worth while to use again!
    2 weeks later I came across the Caboki! (I forgot that I still had it!)
    I applied it and I was even more impressed. Maybe because its coloring seems to be more inline with my hair color.
    At any rate, Im glad to have started Fin' ..I do not experience serious side effects at all!!
    Yes, my seminal fluid hasn't been as much as it was before but that is the only side effect that I experience.
    'Everything' still works as it has!

At the end of this month I will share before and after pics.
    I did take photos of my scalp in August 2013 although i hated to do that!
    Now this August i will still hate to do it, but I will.
    The 'after' pics will be taken without any hair concealers..maybe Ill also take pics after using Caboki/Toppik too.
    Cheers all!

Comment

• Artista
      • Apr 2010

When I use the concealers I begin to feel that when I do walk out in public I may not wear my hat. Actually that has been the case already.

Comment

• jeremyo
        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Artista
        When I use the concealers I begin to feel that when I do walk out in public I may not wear my hat. Actually that has been the case already.
        good for you

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
          • Jun 2013

That is awesome. I haven't tried any concealers yet, but I have also been going out without a hat. Not that my hair is in great shape, but I have just had more of a "screw it" attitude lately.

Comment

• Artista
            • Apr 2010

NotCool' you have the RIGHT attitude bro! Your living your life regardless of what is or what is not,,, that is so positive and healthy!
            After all, if 'someone' were to define you or be critical based on your scalp then that 'someone' is NOT worth being connected to at all. It shows that that person would possibly have internal problems to begin with.

Comment

• intheatlas
              • Mar 2014

Hey guys,

After 9 months of Finasteride, I had 0 side effects.

Funny part though is that I was unable to have sex with a girl BEFORE taking finasteride... If that would have happened during it, I would probably be blaming it today. Another funny story is that I met a new GF that I tried to take seriously for a few months, and had troubles having a proper erection the 2/3 first times!! I started blaming finasteride, and then I thought "hey, maybe it's because you're freaking out cause she's the first one you don't just want to have a one-night stand with"... And it appeared it was that, seeing how it went afterwards.

So my conclusion is : if you have any erection troubles, stop blaming a medicine, and start blaming your attitude!

Comment

• Artista
                • Apr 2010

Hi Intheatlas ,,GREAT comment !!
                Hello everyone Yes Ill be posting before and after photos upcoming.
                Ill have my wife take the pics to make sure that the photo comparisons are similar to each other.

Also, the pics will be with and without a hair concealer so that you may see what makes me feel comfortable.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                  • Jun 2013

Hi Intheatlas ,,GREAT comment !!
                  Hello everyone Yes Ill be posting before and after photos upcoming.
                  Ill have my wife take the pics to make sure that the photo comparisons are similar to each other.

Also, the pics will be with and without a hair concealer so that you may see what makes me feel comfortable.
                  Hey Artista, good to hear from you. Hope everything including hair regrowth is going excellent.

Comment

• Artista
                    • Apr 2010

Hi NotCool'
                    Thank you ,good to see your postings too! Ive been quite satisfied with how my hair has progressing.
                    Finasteride is making a decent change ,,NOT a full head of hair but I do have a somewhat better 'framing' of the face.
                    Now others may or may not agree with me but so what..lol.
                    I can use a hair concealer (like Caboki or Toppik) and feel comfortable enough to go out WITHOUT a hat or a bandanna.
                    How are you doing with the Finasteride NotCool' ? I hope you are doing OK too.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                      • Jun 2013

Hi NotCool'
                      Thank you ,good to see your postings too! Ive been quite satisfied with how my hair has progressing.
                      Finasteride is making a decent change ,,NOT a full head of hair but I do have a somewhat better 'framing' of the face.
                      Now others may or may not agree with me but so what..lol.
                      I can use a hair concealer (like Caboki or Toppik) and feel comfortable enough to go out WITHOUT a hat or a bandanna.
                      How are you doing with the Finasteride NotCool' ? I hope you are doing OK too.
                      Improvement is improvement. I am in the same boat. I don't have a full head of hair, but I have more than when I started so I really can't complain. I 100% agree with your concealer or hat comment, not to mention if/when you get a transplant your coverage will look even better.. I am still doing good on finasteride, no sides to speak of and still getting some regrowth.

Comment

• James7
                        • Oct 2013

can't wait to see those pics Artista

Comment

• Artista
                          • Apr 2010

Thats good to know NotCool' ..I may have asked this before but
                          what updates are there on and about 'topical Finasteride' ?
                          Also, our friend 'Joe from Staten' has been keeping an eye on the latest news concerning Allergan's bimatoprost trials.
                          He has said that we should be hearing something soon on its latest phase testings.
                          Have you been watching for that as well?

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                            • Jun 2013

I'm not much of a cutting edge/future treatments guy. Sure I am interested and hopeful of new treatments, but I am more interested in what I can use now and what's it going to cost. I have heard around the forums of a couple of guys using topical fin, but I won't consider it a real treatment until it is readily available for everybody to use.

Comment

• Artista
                              • Apr 2010

Hello Notcool' (actually COOL)
                              and hello everyone else!

As I had mentioned to Notcool' earlier today
                              , I have decided to post a couple of photos showing my ongoing results
                              using 'Dr. Reddys' generic Finasteride at 1mg per day.
                              I started it in August of 2013 and have not stopped AND I have NOT experienced ANY bad side effects from it!!

Now these pictures that I am showing are from my work (security) ID badges.
                              Every year us employees must renew our ID badges.
                              Of course they are NOT high quality pics due to being taken from badges but it DOES show a DIFFERENCE in my scalps overall change thus-far.

When the 2013 work badge photo was taken , I was into using Finasteride at approx 3 months.
                              When the 2014 work badge photo was taken, I was into using Finasteride at approx 14 months.

When the 2013 pic was taken the City employee taking the photos had compared the 2013 pic to my earlier 2012 ID badge photo.
                              He said " It looks like you have more hair on the new badge (compared to last year's) am I right?"
                              I responded,,'I guess so' LOL. (that was from my posting on 10-23-2013-check it out)

Looking at my 2014 ID badge image you can see an even better IMPROVEMENT since 2013.
                              Now keep in mind, both times i did use a bit of DermMatch and Toppik or Caboki to improve the look of my hair.
                              The point is that if i wasn't using Finasteride all these months then using those topical products would have been a BIG waste of time for me.

Cant wait to read all your responses..Thank you.

the Oct. 2013 pic
                              [IMG][/IMG]

the Oct. 2014 pic
                              [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• PinotQ
                                • May 2010

Hello Notcool' (actually COOL)
                                and hello everyone else!

As I had mentioned to Notcool' earlier today
                                , I have decided to post a couple of photos showing my ongoing results
                                using 'Dr. Reddys' generic Finasteride at 1mg per day.
                                I started it in August of 2013 and have not stopped AND I have NOT experienced ANY bad side effects from it!!

Now these pictures that I am showing are from my work (security) ID badges.
                                Every year us employees must renew our ID badges.
                                Of course they are NOT high quality pics due to being taken from badges but it DOES show a DIFFERENCE in my scalps overall change thus-far.

When the 2013 work badge photo was taken , I was into using Finasteride at approx 3 months.
                                When the 2014 work badge photo was taken, I was into using Finasteride at approx 14 months.

When the 2013 pic was taken the City employee taking the photos had compared the 2013 pic to my earlier 2012 ID badge photo.
                                He said " It looks like you have more hair on the new badge (compared to last year's) am I right?"
                                I responded,,'I guess so' LOL. (that was from my posting on 10-23-2013-check it out)

Looking at my 2014 ID badge image you can see an even better IMPROVEMENT since 2013.
                                Now keep in mind, both times i did use a bit of DermMatch and Toppik or Caboki to improve the look of my hair.
                                The point is that if i wasn't using Finasteride all these months then using those topical products would have been a BIG waste of time for me.

Cant wait to read all your responses..Thank you.

the Oct. 2013 pic
                                [IMG][/IMG]

the Oct. 2014 pic
                                [IMG][/IMG]
                                Very impressive my friend!!

Comment

Working...