+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Quit Minoxidil

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    I think when it comes to hair/hair loss science we're still in the stone age. I don't think it's because hair loss is such a complicated problem but rather because no one bothered to tackle the problem sooner. And even now, there's hardly a genuine effort to try and figure out this mystery. Someone needs to take another serious look at Minoxidil. An effective treatment might be right under our noses but the lack of interest on the part of researchers is preventing us from seeing it.
    Victim, I think that your case will be more complicated, as I expected. What's this?

08-02-2011
    Slo, this is the nightmare I've been going through for the past 6 months. I too have been losing a lot of my transplanted hair. The thing is, I've had FOUR HTs, all in the frontal area over the past decade but continued to notice more thinning. The last HT was just over 1 1/2 years ago. Six months ago my hair started falling out like rain, which left the frontal area thinner than ever before. Went to see my doctor only to be shocked when he told me that I was one of the rare cases where the transplanted hair is lost with time. I was completely devastated and ever since my depression has shot through the roof. I am mad because we're always told that transplanted hair is permanent. No body cares to tell the truth that in some cases it ISNT permanent. Yes, those might be rare cases but doctors SHOULD tell us about that possibility. Had I known that, I wouldn't have gotten my last HT.

You have no idea how depressed and sad I am about this. Over $20,000+ interest spent on HTs and now I find out it maybe be for nothing. I am furious because I didn't sit around and pray for a miracle. No, I got out and spent my own god damn hard earned money that I took years to make to fix this ****ing curse but then god decides no, you're not gonna have your hair back. This is like a double curse. First my ****ing father gives me the baldness gene, then I find out that even my transplanted hair will fall out. How nice is that ?

And I thought you were losing your hair due to DualGen???

Several days ago you wrote that "It's been over a year since I switched back to Kirkland and to answer your question, no, I haven't got any of the lost hair back." This means that:

1/ You started to lose your hair in February.
    2/ You switched to Kirkland approximately in March or April 2011
    3/ This agrees with your claim that "I had found a product on ebay that claimed to have 15% Minox and after about 2 months on it I started noticing a lot of shedding like never before. I quickly got back on Rogaine and Kirkland minox and within 4 weeks the shedding came to a halt..."

So, it seems that the shedding due to DualGen and the shedding due to transplantations occured exactly in the same time? That's very interesting. I would almost say that on one thread you attribute your hair loss to DualGen, and another thread you attribute it to your transplantations.

Quote Originally Posted by hairlossrxsucks View Post
    Idiot, you need to think with your brain if it is not zero intelligence, not your ass. I don't hang around forums writting garbages. I come here once a while to look for good treatment. Unfortunately everytime I came here I saw you idiot whining dualgen has zero minoxidil.
    I wouldn't like to make any premature statements, but I think that the mystery of Mr Victim's hair loss has been resolved. LOL

I wouldn't want to go through your unpleasant experiences, Victim, but despite your understandable frustration, you should be consistent and you shouldn't spread contradictory claims. You should consider that someone, who could benefit from DualGen, could be discouraged from it due to your confused posts.

Furthermore, I suspect that if you were more consistent in your treatment (without breaks lasting more weeks or even months - which is something unimaginable for me, even after 15,5 years on minoxidil), you could be spared of many future problems. It is really a shocking paradox that you value your hair so much, yet you can't be consistent in the therapy. For every break you will pay very dearly!

Quote Originally Posted by Pats View Post
    Yeah, like many of you, I dont understand why quiting minoxidil or Finasteride causes hairs to fall out and then not regrow. I understand if these hairs were so weak that the drugs were life support for them, but I have shed countless thick, full hairs which I assume will grow back, if perhaps weaker than before. I feel there must be better solutions out there, likely unknown.
    I sure hope you guys are wrong about that as it means I will close to 1 Norwood higher in the vertex. I think I am starting to get some back but it's those tiny miniaturized hairs. Lots of them in outer crown area. It will probably take 6 months or more to know if they are coming back to normal hair or if dht is putting them to sleep for good.

Victim of Hysteria - you are a bloody liar, mister!

Here, on 8th May 2012 you said that "It's been over a year since I switched back to Kirkland"
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...irkland+months

So, you switched to it in March or April? But how is it possible that here
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...ed=1#post64330
    you suddenly claim that "Just over 1 1/2 months ago (=at the beginning of October 2011) I decided to go back to Kirkland's minoxidil (5&#37."?

You say that you were shedding since February, when you tried DualGen for the first time, but here
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...irkland+months
    you say that "after about 2 months on it I started noticing a lot of shedding like never before. " This means that you started to shed as late as in April, if I am not wrong?

Elsewhere you claimed that "Like I said, I was on it for 3 months or so but my hair kept getting thinner and thinner."
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...+months&page=2

So you were on it since February till May? And what were you doing between May and October?

You say that you were on DualGen for 3 months, but the shed continued for 8 months?!

And it is even more amusing that until 11th December 2011
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...lgen#post45557
    you ascribed your hairloss to the loss of transplanted hairs and DualGen is nowhere mentioned in your frustrated posts.

08-02-2011
    Slo, this is the nightmare I've been going through for the past 6 months. I too have been losing a lot of my transplanted hair. The thing is, I've had FOUR HTs, all in the frontal area over the past decade but continued to notice more thinning. The last HT was just over 1 1/2 years ago. Six months ago my hair started falling out like rain, which left the frontal area thinner than ever before. Went to see my doctor only to be shocked when he told me that I was one of the rare cases where the transplanted hair is lost with time.

Here's probably the definite piece of evidence:

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...?t=6705&page=2
    I just hope I get some of the hair that was lost in the past few months in that massive shed I had. One thing I feel good about is that the shed has finally STOPPED as of 3 weeks ago and I'm pretty sure it's because I got back on Minoxidil (kirkland brand) after several months on some other useless crap that claimed 15% minoxidil content. Unfortunately, I too have lost about 25-30% of my hair during that short period.

I feel like Columbo (or Kojak - considering that I am on this forum?), but I think I start to understand the whole mystery.
    The chain of events was probably as follows:

- You started to shed in February 2011 - from whatever reason -, and around July 2011 you were taking DualGen that you previously ordered from eBay (but it didn't stop it, however).
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=5446

- At the beginning of October 2011, you switched back to Kirkland and in mid-November 2011, your shed ended.

- Then, in late November 2011, out of hysterical frustration, you started to spread the tale that "DualGen has zero minoxidil".

Please, confirm this version. Otherwise I will have to investigate your case further.

this link shows what happens when u stop minoxidil

look at the first graph on the right

http://divineskin.com/uk/spectralDNC...oxidilMech.PDF

Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    I quit for 3 months and after a couple of months I started losing tons of hair. My crown grew quickly and new mpb areas started appearing as well.

It started in mid/late Feb and only in past 2-3 weeks has it seemed to slow- I might be getting hair back but not sure just yet.

You are doing what is called catchup loss. The good news is it means the minox was doing it's job. The bad news is it means you would be that much balder without medication. I got back on it in a hurry because I saw how much I had advanced.

Are you regrowing hair at all now?

Quote Originally Posted by Person View Post
    Are you regrowing hair at all now?
    Yes and no. Some of the hair around the outer areas of vertex has come back, but at same time vertex area seems more pronounced than before. Back a couple of months ago, i started taking .25mg of fin once every 2 weeks, but had to take a PSA test so I stopped.

Seeing how overall things seem to be slowly getting worse I was thinking about going on FIN again (no PSA test till mid Jan) but now I am going to a new dr in late Nov and will probably have to take yet another PSA test so will wait till then. So hopefully by Dec I will be on a more regulated form of hormones and can start taking Fin again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats View Post
    I quit minoxidil about 4 1/2 months ago. As expected I have experienced a massive shed that started shortly after I quit. It is continuing for me and I wonder if it could be something else, as it has been so long. From those who have gone through this, or have heard, how long does this shed last? Thanks for the input.

Have you regrown any hair back. I am curious because I am in that exact situation now. A response would be greatly appreciated.