Dissapointed with plucking and acell any advice going forward !

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bakez
    • Dec 2010

He didnt charge him for it...

Comment

• topcat
      • May 2009

It’s not enough that he didn’t charge him for it. A patient needs to be able to make an informed decision when going in for cosmetic surgery. There has to be complete transparency in order for this to happen. Price has absolutely nothing to do with the issue. Using that argument any repair patient could be hacked up because he didn’t have to pay for it.

That is a part of what’s wrong with this industry and many clinics in general. I am not saying it has happened in this situation because I do not know. But clinics have a tendency to conveniently leave important pieces of information out if they think it will cause a prospective patient to walk away without proceeding with a procedure.

For example I would guess that at least 50% of prospective patients have no concept of density. They have no idea what a density of 40 hairs/sq. cm looks like when compared to their natural density which is often times more the double that figure. How will it look in certain light or certain angles? Too many clinics don’t bring this up because it’s a sale killer. This is only one issue out of many. It’s up to the clinics to fully inform the patient. The onus is on the clinics as this is their field of expertise.

Comment

• Bakez
        • Dec 2010

He knew what was going on in the 'transplant'. Dr Cooley said he gave him the plucked hairs and Acell for no extra charge, something that does no damage to his head, and might have the potential to improve things.

It isn't like he offered him something free that might have beheaded him if it didnt work.

Comment

• Bakez
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Jerry Cooley, MD
          Perhaps. What I think is happening is that native stem cells from surrounding follicles contribute to the rebuilding of a new follicle around the plucked graft. But these are just theories and require more study.
          Have these hairs not shown success in growing in completely bald scalp then?

Comment

• Spanish Dude
            Inactive
            • Oct 2010

@ejj:

question regarding autoplucking:
            how much time did it took to do the 600 beard hair autoplucking transplant?

Comment

• HairRobinHood
              Inactive
              • Feb 2010

@topcat ...
              Originally posted by Jerry Cooley, MD

... I take full responsibility for creating this result and have offered to fix it ...

Dr Cooley
              For now, that's everything someone can do in such a situation.

Comment

• Spanish Dude
                Inactive
                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by HairRobinHood
                Yea, that is nice.
                what happens, Iron_Man, have you now suddenly lost your blind faith in Acell?

@topcat, I cannot PM you, the option doesn't show up, why?

Comment

• rapunzal
                  • Jan 2011

geez ejj, you had a relative slam a car boot on your head. did you return the favour with two black eyes and a broken nose for extra contrast ? if i have a procedure i will surely wear a bullet proof vest on my head post op

Comment

• HairRobinHood
                    Inactive
                    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Spanish Dude
                    what happens, Iron_Man, have you now suddenly lost your blind faith in Acell?
                    No Spanish Dud, never ever in ACell itself. ACell's extracellular matrix is ok. I mean, the material itself is ok. I didn't speak about the "wrong" usage. You know "more research is necessary". I mean, it is fully unclear for me what exactly specific guys did during the past 15 years. THAT is it what I don't get in this context ...

Comment

• Spanish Dude
                      Inactive
                      • Oct 2010

No Spanish Dud, never ever in ACell itself. ACell's extracellular matrix is ok. I mean, the material itself is ok. I didn't speak about the "wrong" usage. You know "more research is necessary". I mean, it is fully unclear for me what exactly specific guys did during the past 15 years. THAT is it what I don't get in this context ...
                      Iron_Man, this is not Hairsite. Insults are not allowed here. btw, "dud" means "false" and we know who is a "dud" (with multiple nicks around the forums).

Now I don't understand the meaning of your last post. Do you mean that Acell is OK, but Cooley is not OK?

Comment

• HairRobinHood
                        Inactive
                        • Feb 2010

@Spanish Dud, look, there is no wonder why they ask such questions:

Originally posted by Bakez
                        Have these hairs not shown success in growing in completely bald scalp then?
                        Isn't that funny?

Comment

• Spanish Dude
                          Inactive
                          • Oct 2010

Dr. Cooley, there is something that I don't understand.
                          This patient was oviously a donor-strapped patient, after 5 previous strips.
                          Considering that you were already starting to see the autoplucking potential using Acell, why didn't you act conservatively?...I mean, instead of forcing 3 additional strips in "non-safe aras", and using-up 2000 donor grafts, why didn't you just do an autoplucking test, to see if it worked, and then expand on it?

@ejj, were you so desperate for "fast hair" that you pushed Cooley into taking those 3 additional strips?

Comment

• Spanish Dude
                            Inactive
                            • Oct 2010

@Spanish Dud, look, there is no wonder why they ask such questions:

Isn't that funny?
                            Yes, its funny, in fact I asked this question myself too.
                            Dr. Cooley previously said that autocloning worked on scar tissue (50% yield) and now it seems that it doesn't work on scar tissue anymore, and probably doesn't even work in bald (but healthy) tissue.
                            Yes, it is funny. well, it is NOT, really.

Comment

• rapunzal
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Spanish Dude
                              Autoplucking is safe, even if it fails, because it doesn't deplete the donor.
                              in ejj's case it is probably safe if it fails, but not for someone thats diffuse because if it fails the situation could be a lot worse after permanent shockloss

Comment

• Spanish Dude
                                Inactive
                                • Oct 2010

addendum to my previous post:

Yes, its funny, in fact I asked this question myself too.
                                Dr. Cooley previously said that autocloning worked on scar tissue (50% yield) and now it seems that it doesn't work on scar tissue anymore, and probably doesn't even work in bald (but healthy) tissue because there are no healthy follicles around to take stem cells from.
                                Yes, it is funny. well, it is NOT, really.

Comment

Working...