Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community  

Go Back   Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community > Men's Hair Loss > Hair Loss Treatments > Cutting Edge / Future Treatments
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2012, 12:05 PM   #61
UK_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
The trials results are nothing spectacular actually they are kind of disappointing.
Especially when we know they injected high dosage of DSC cells into the test area.
However if they go back to the drawing board, research this some more than who knows. We will see what time brings us. I hope they succeed.
But our knowledge of hair follicles is still too meager, there are perhaps some crucial growth factors or fillcle parts missing for this to work even better.
Intercytex phase 1: "Although it is too early to determine fully the differences between the sub-groups, the preliminary data are encouraging. In the first sub-group 2 patients out of 5 showed substantial increases in hair count (21 & 55%) at 24 weeks. In the second sub-group (5 patients in total) injected more recently, all patients showed substantial and visible increased hair counts at 6 and/or 12 weeks (13-105%). We believe this increased hair production is attributable to the interaction between the injected DP cells and the stimulated resident hair producing cells."

Intercytex release results that clearly beat that of Replicel - but where are they now? People are telling me Replicel have a better chance with worse results? lmfao.
UK_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #62
PvH

tbt community trying to interpret and figure out the meaning of clinical results is amusing at best. how is it that the actual scientists that somewhat know what the hell they're doing doesn't disclose shit but the 'experts' on tbt talk about it as if they actually know what they're talking about? i guess it's satisfying to correct fellow idiots and feel good about themselves.
PvH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #63
DallasTreado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman91 View Post
MPB does not affect children.
Unfortunately, yes it does ... (children below 18 can be and are affected)
DallasTreado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #64
PvH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasTreado View Post
Unfortunately, yes it does ... (children below 18 can be and are affected)
calling late teens children is really stretching it hahahaha but yeah some get it earlier than others.
PvH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:57 AM   #65
DallasTreado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvH View Post
calling late teens children is really stretching it hahahaha but yeah some get it earlier than others.
It isnt a stretch. It is a distinction between pediatric and adult patients. For example, when propecia says it isnt for children, they mean it is not for pediatric patients (below 18)
DallasTreado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:05 AM   #66
Follicle Death Row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
Regrown hair from Histogen's treatment is expected to last as long as the patients original hair lasted. So if you started balding at 20 years old, the regrown hair from Histogen's treatment could reasonably be expected to last almost 20 years.
Hope that's the case but I'm not convinced it will be for us men anyway. I think the problem if you start the process at 20 is you've actually only been subjected to high DHT for about 6 or 7 years. So us men in that scenario presumably would only levels get 6 or 7 years before it started again. It would still be fantastic though.
Follicle Death Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:09 AM   #67
Follicle Death Row

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
Intercytex phase 1: "Although it is too early to determine fully the differences between the sub-groups, the preliminary data are encouraging. In the first sub-group 2 patients out of 5 showed substantial increases in hair count (21 & 55%) at 24 weeks. In the second sub-group (5 patients in total) injected more recently, all patients showed substantial and visible increased hair counts at 6 and/or 12 weeks (13-105%). We believe this increased hair production is attributable to the interaction between the injected DP cells and the stimulated resident hair producing cells."

Intercytex release results that clearly beat that of Replicel - but where are they now? People are telling me Replicel have a better chance with worse results? lmfao.
Aderans own that intellectual property now I think. We hardly ever mention Aderans because of the Bosley connection but seems like they're going to wrap up phase 2 late this year or early next year. They're miles ahead of the chasing pack and have massive money behind them.
Follicle Death Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:17 AM   #68
UK_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
Aderans own that intellectual property now I think. We hardly ever mention Aderans because of the Bosley connection but seems like they're going to wrap up phase 2 late this year or early next year. They're miles ahead of the chasing pack and have massive money behind them.
We dont mention Aderans because:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7SwA1ENqxI
Old 05-06-2012, 07:19 AM   #69
UK_

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvH View Post
tbt community trying to interpret and figure out the meaning of clinical results is amusing at best. how is it that the actual scientists that somewhat know what the hell they're doing doesn't disclose shit but the 'experts' on tbt talk about it as if they actually know what they're talking about? i guess it's satisfying to correct fellow idiots and feel good about themselves.
Yes, hilarious, especially when you retrive all the old posts back from 2007 when people were talking about how the Intercytex phase 1 result is absolute proof that new hair can be grown by injecting cells into the scalp, it's like injecting the smallest cellular component of a bladder & expecting a bladder to appear on your skin.

Also funny how even when Intercytex was opened for research again, the hair loss (DP cell) treatment wasnt even on their agenda (http://www.intercytex.com/index.php?...&id=3&Itemid=4) - - -<<<And still isnt LOL, and can anyone name me another company/scientist/researcher/investor since the closure of Intercytex that has decided to attempt the trial once again? (bar the two obvious Aderans/Replicel). You'd think people would be jumping in, especially a with market potential in the billions.

Excuses excuses, face facts... it just doesnt work.

P.S. Anyone holding in any results from Aderans other than the scetchy couple of pictures of a few hairs released back in 2010? Didnt think so.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:59 AM   #70
Tracy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
So us men in that scenario presumably would only levels get 6 or 7 years before it started again.
Does that help you see the importance that others are missing about being able to immunize hair follicles from the damaging effects of DHT?
Tracy C is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
david hall, replicel, spencer kobren, ts001-2009