Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community  

Go Back   Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community > Men's Hair Loss > Hair Loss Treatments > Cutting Edge / Future Treatments
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2012, 12:05 PM   #61
UK_
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
The trials results are nothing spectacular actually they are kind of disappointing.
Especially when we know they injected high dosage of DSC cells into the test area.
However if they go back to the drawing board, research this some more than who knows. We will see what time brings us. I hope they succeed.
But our knowledge of hair follicles is still too meager, there are perhaps some crucial growth factors or fillcle parts missing for this to work even better.
Intercytex phase 1: "Although it is too early to determine fully the differences between the sub-groups, the preliminary data are encouraging. In the first sub-group 2 patients out of 5 showed substantial increases in hair count (21 & 55%) at 24 weeks. In the second sub-group (5 patients in total) injected more recently, all patients showed substantial and visible increased hair counts at 6 and/or 12 weeks (13-105%). We believe this increased hair production is attributable to the interaction between the injected DP cells and the stimulated resident hair producing cells."

Intercytex release results that clearly beat that of Replicel - but where are they now? People are telling me Replicel have a better chance with worse results? lmfao.
UK_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #62
PvH
Member
 
PvH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Player vs Hair
Posts: 65
Default

tbt community trying to interpret and figure out the meaning of clinical results is amusing at best. how is it that the actual scientists that somewhat know what the hell they're doing doesn't disclose shit but the 'experts' on tbt talk about it as if they actually know what they're talking about? i guess it's satisfying to correct fellow idiots and feel good about themselves.
PvH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #63
DallasTreado
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman91 View Post
MPB does not affect children.
Unfortunately, yes it does ... (children below 18 can be and are affected)
DallasTreado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #64
PvH
Member
 
PvH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Player vs Hair
Posts: 65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasTreado View Post
Unfortunately, yes it does ... (children below 18 can be and are affected)
calling late teens children is really stretching it hahahaha but yeah some get it earlier than others.
PvH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:57 AM   #65
DallasTreado
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvH View Post
calling late teens children is really stretching it hahahaha but yeah some get it earlier than others.
It isnt a stretch. It is a distinction between pediatric and adult patients. For example, when propecia says it isnt for children, they mean it is not for pediatric patients (below 18)
DallasTreado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:05 AM   #66
Follicle Death Row
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,094
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
Regrown hair from Histogen's treatment is expected to last as long as the patients original hair lasted. So if you started balding at 20 years old, the regrown hair from Histogen's treatment could reasonably be expected to last almost 20 years.
Hope that's the case but I'm not convinced it will be for us men anyway. I think the problem if you start the process at 20 is you've actually only been subjected to high DHT for about 6 or 7 years. So us men in that scenario presumably would only levels get 6 or 7 years before it started again. It would still be fantastic though.
Follicle Death Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:09 AM   #67
Follicle Death Row
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,094
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
Intercytex phase 1: "Although it is too early to determine fully the differences between the sub-groups, the preliminary data are encouraging. In the first sub-group 2 patients out of 5 showed substantial increases in hair count (21 & 55%) at 24 weeks. In the second sub-group (5 patients in total) injected more recently, all patients showed substantial and visible increased hair counts at 6 and/or 12 weeks (13-105%). We believe this increased hair production is attributable to the interaction between the injected DP cells and the stimulated resident hair producing cells."

Intercytex release results that clearly beat that of Replicel - but where are they now? People are telling me Replicel have a better chance with worse results? lmfao.
Aderans own that intellectual property now I think. We hardly ever mention Aderans because of the Bosley connection but seems like they're going to wrap up phase 2 late this year or early next year. They're miles ahead of the chasing pack and have massive money behind them.
Follicle Death Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:17 AM   #68
UK_
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
Aderans own that intellectual property now I think. We hardly ever mention Aderans because of the Bosley connection but seems like they're going to wrap up phase 2 late this year or early next year. They're miles ahead of the chasing pack and have massive money behind them.
We dont mention Aderans because:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7SwA1ENqxI
UK_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:19 AM   #69
UK_
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvH View Post
tbt community trying to interpret and figure out the meaning of clinical results is amusing at best. how is it that the actual scientists that somewhat know what the hell they're doing doesn't disclose shit but the 'experts' on tbt talk about it as if they actually know what they're talking about? i guess it's satisfying to correct fellow idiots and feel good about themselves.
Yes, hilarious, especially when you retrive all the old posts back from 2007 when people were talking about how the Intercytex phase 1 result is absolute proof that new hair can be grown by injecting cells into the scalp, it's like injecting the smallest cellular component of a bladder & expecting a bladder to appear on your skin.

Also funny how even when Intercytex was opened for research again, the hair loss (DP cell) treatment wasnt even on their agenda (http://www.intercytex.com/index.php?...&id=3&Itemid=4) - - -<<<And still isnt LOL, and can anyone name me another company/scientist/researcher/investor since the closure of Intercytex that has decided to attempt the trial once again? (bar the two obvious Aderans/Replicel). You'd think people would be jumping in, especially a with market potential in the billions.

Excuses excuses, face facts... it just doesnt work.

P.S. Anyone holding in any results from Aderans other than the scetchy couple of pictures of a few hairs released back in 2010? Didnt think so.
UK_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:59 AM   #70
Tracy C
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,111
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
So us men in that scenario presumably would only levels get 6 or 7 years before it started again.
Does that help you see the importance that others are missing about being able to immunize hair follicles from the damaging effects of DHT?
Tracy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
david hall, replicel, spencer kobren, ts001-2009

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spencer Kobren Interviews Dr. Gary Hitzig - The Future of ACell for Hair Loss tbtadmin Cutting Edge / Future Treatments 80 11-03-2011 07:01 PM
Spencer Kobren Speaks With Gary Hitzig, M.D. | The Latest on ACell tbtadmin Hair Transplant: Start Your Own Topic 9 06-22-2011 07:14 AM
Spencer Kobren Speaks With UCLA Scientist About Latest Hair Raising Discovery tbtadmin Cutting Edge / Future Treatments 19 03-06-2011 09:54 AM
Spencer Kobren Interviews Dr. Gary Hitzig - The Pioneer In Using ACell MatriStem For tbtadmin The Bald Truth: Show Archives 1 11-19-2010 11:51 AM

» The Bald Truth
» Recent Threads
Sponsoring somebody to go to WCHR 2014
03-16-2014 07:36 AM
by Arashi
Last post by hellouser
Yesterday 09:17 PM
Complete RU58841 Usage Guide
05-01-2013 06:52 PM
Last post by simco84
Yesterday 09:01 PM
Scared to use RU
Yesterday 08:47 PM
by simco84
Last post by simco84
Yesterday 08:47 PM
» Newest Videos

Update On Hairloss 8/10/09...
My hair loss was getting worse, so I just got it cut really short now. I don't think it looks that b...


Hair Loss Remedy Myths Perpetuated Onlin...
We are sure these people mean well, but this is a prime example of why the snake oil industry thrive...


Hair Transplant | "SurgeonofNalts&q...
http://www.baldtruthtalk.comFounder of The American Hair Loss Association Spencer Kobren speaks with...


How Hair Loss Colors Our Lives | Spencer...
...


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:18 AM.