Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community  

Go Back   Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community > Men's Hair Loss > Coping with Hair Loss in Everyday Life
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 09:18 AM   #31
chrisis
Senior Member
 
chrisis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Posts: 1,282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Implying girls like muscles.

Girls want a thin guy who has a nice face and great hair.

Muscleheads are seen as overcompensating tryhards.

They only impress men and gays.

Sad but true.
What are you talking about? Everybody's different. Some women like muscle, some like gawky/nerd types.
chrisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:20 AM   #32
clandestine
Senior Member
 
clandestine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,983
Default

Davey, Everyone; don't feed the trolls. Try not to reply to scorpion; people giving him attention is the only reason he keeps coming back.

Scorpion; kick rocks, your negativity is contagious.

Victim; you're equally ridiculous, what with your silly arguments and need to capitalize every other word.
clandestine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:46 PM   #33
DAVE52
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post

BTW, is Charlie Sheen wearing a wig in that car commercial (maybe Fiat)?
I think Charlie wears a wig all the time. Remember he's 46 years old , smokes , drinks, does drugs etc etc

At that age and what he's done he should have some hair loss .

His hair looks too good to eb true on the show

Pic of when he shaved his head

http://www.baldcelebrity.com/categor.../charlie-sheen

His buddy Jon Cryer wears somehting on the show

http://www.baldcelebrity.com/categor...ties/jon-cryer
DAVE52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:27 PM   #34
sch89
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 31
Default

Great OP davey jones, fantastic thread!
sch89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:13 PM   #35
youngsufferer
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 42
Default

Great thread. Quit watching infomercials and wishing to get fit while you eat your Sour cream and onion chips. Get on BB.com and CHANGE YOUR DIET AND LIFT HEAVY ASS WEIGHT. Read and be knowledgeable about building muscle and change your mentality. You will feel and look great and it'll most likely pull you out of the funk of depression while keeping you busy so you don't fall back in the funk.

For those who think girls like skinny guys with full heads of hair and that's the end all be all. KEEP ON WITH YOUR DEFEATIST MENTALITY. It feels great going to the beach and having girls eye you down while they are with their skinny boyfriends. Get confidence and girls will flock. I'm 100% sure of this. Girls might like the skinny dude, but their primal instinct is to want to be dominated and told what to do. Use this to your advantage, keep the mentality of an alpha male and you'll pull any girl you want. If you guys don't believe all this that's fine. When a cure comes and everyone has hair and we're all on the same playing field, I'll send you an apology letter after I **** your girlfriend because you don't care about your appearance and mentality, only about "being skinny."

Oh and while you get upset that your girlfriend is eyeing me down and claiming "he does steroids! what a roid monkey!" trying to regain your control in your girlfriend, it'll be too late. Trying to bring me down cause I'm above you. It's too late, your girl is already gone and there's nothing you can do about it.

youngsufferer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:52 PM   #36
clandestine
Senior Member
 
clandestine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngsufferer View Post
Great thread. Quit watching infomercials and wishing to get fit while you eat your Sour cream and onion chips. Get on BB.com and CHANGE YOUR DIET AND LIFT HEAVY ASS WEIGHT. Read and be knowledgeable about building muscle and change your mentality. You will feel and look great and it'll most likely pull you out of the funk of depression while keeping you busy so you don't fall back in the funk.

For those who think girls like skinny guys with full heads of hair and that's the end all be all. KEEP ON WITH YOUR DEFEATIST MENTALITY. It feels great going to the beach and having girls eye you down while they are with their skinny boyfriends. Get confidence and girls will flock. I'm 100% sure of this. Girls might like the skinny dude, but their primal instinct is to want to be dominated and told what to do. Use this to your advantage, keep the mentality of an alpha male and you'll pull any girl you want. If you guys don't believe all this that's fine. When a cure comes and everyone has hair and we're all on the same playing field, I'll send you an apology letter after I **** your girlfriend because you don't care about your appearance and mentality, only about "being skinny."

Oh and while you get upset that your girlfriend is eyeing me down and claiming "he does steroids! what a roid monkey!" trying to regain your control in your girlfriend, it'll be too late. Trying to bring me down cause I'm above you. It's too late, your girl is already gone and there's nothing you can do about it.

I like your attitude, mate. Both yours and Davey's. Good post.
clandestine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:14 PM   #37
gmonasco
Senior Member
 
gmonasco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 872
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
I think Charlie wears a wig all the time. Remember he's 46 years old , smokes , drinks, does drugs etc etc At that age and what he's done he should have some hair loss.
Paul McCartney is more than twenty years older than Charlie Sheen, and he's been smoking, drinking, and doing drugs much longer than Charlie Sheen, yet he's still got a good head of hair:



Drugs, drinking, and smoking don't necessarily have any correlation to hair loss.
gmonasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:47 PM   #38
mlao
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 388
Default

Paul stopped smoking YEARS ago in addition he's a vegetarian and for at least the last 25 years has been taking great care of himself. Plus he obviously has great hair genes.
Just saying
mlao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:00 PM   #39
youngsufferer
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 42
Default

I will say, while my last post was very gorilla-esque it is important to keep your mind up as well. Become mentally strong and yes while losing your hair does suck, it will only affect you if you let it. ONLY IF YOU LET IT. The only problems you have are the ones you create yourself. You're allowing hair loss to ruin your life, you're allowing your boss to get under your skin when he yells at you, etc etc... Be invincible mentally and physically, if someone has something bad to say about you, take it in stride KNOWING that they attacked you because they feel you are above them, and they are struggling with their ego knowing someone is beating them at the game of "life." In the famous words of my father, "If you want to change your shitty life, take whatever is bothering you and destroy it, rape it, and make it your bitch. I promise you after that abuse it won't come back to haunt you."


Now I turn 21 in a few weeks so I might not be the most experienced, but more people need to adopt the philosophy of having complete control over your life and not giving a shit about other people's opinions. You'll notice a drastic change in your quality of life.
youngsufferer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #40
DAVE52
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
Paul McCartney is more than twenty years older than Charlie Sheen, and he's been smoking, drinking, and doing drugs much longer than Charlie Sheen, yet he's still got a good head of hair:



.
It wouldn't surprise me if that's rug ,
DAVE52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do I have to shave my head for a hair transplant? M Law Hair Transplant: Start Your Own Topic 5 07-08-2013 08:14 PM
Red Head? How long will my head look like a bleeding pin cussion afte my transplant ? Topview Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic 3 10-24-2011 09:56 AM
Just started to shave my head nassau Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic 2 08-27-2010 12:21 PM
Post-Op, can I shave my head? vwimports Hair Transplant: Start Your Own Topic 2 03-31-2010 08:13 PM
Just shave it tdrake Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story 7 06-26-2009 08:25 AM

» The Bald Truth
» Recent Threads
Shedding after 5 months
Yesterday 10:23 PM
by x33
Last post by x33
Yesterday 10:23 PM
Hair loss best thing that ever happened to me.
03-30-2014 07:49 PM
Last post by Notcoolanymore
Yesterday 09:44 PM
Sponsoring somebody to go to WCHR 2014
03-16-2014 07:36 AM
by Arashi
Last post by hellouser
Yesterday 09:37 PM
» Newest Videos

Update On Hairloss 8/10/09...
My hair loss was getting worse, so I just got it cut really short now. I don't think it looks that b...


Hair Loss Remedy Myths Perpetuated Onlin...
We are sure these people mean well, but this is a prime example of why the snake oil industry thrive...


Hair Transplant | "SurgeonofNalts&q...
http://www.baldtruthtalk.comFounder of The American Hair Loss Association Spencer Kobren speaks with...


How Hair Loss Colors Our Lives | Spencer...
...


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:06 AM.