8th World Congress For Hair Research - Korea (2014)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Alchemist
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by nameless
    This paper does not indicate a treatment that could be put into the form of a practical treatment for clinical trials or even pre-clinical testing. What this sounds like is merely an avenue for researchers to begin exploring so they can one day create a treatment to run through pre-clinical and clinical trials. It sounds like basic research - where a researcher is looking for a place to start.

First off, whoever said this research indicates that a treatment is ready for the clinic? Secondly, if that's what you're expecting to come out of this conference, you're in for a bitter disappointment.

Comment

• greatjob!
      • Aug 2011

2 important points:

1. This thread is not supposed to be an "attack-Nigam-thread" so please stop the attacks against Nigam. Everyone knows that there are some posters who think Nigam is OK so when the Nigam-haters do attacks against Nigam they're starting arguments about whether or not Nigam is positive or a negative. It would be OK if this were a Nigam thread but it isn't. The Nigam haters initiate arguments about Nigam in threads that are not even about Nigam and they should stop. I'm happy to discuss Nigam in a Nigam thread but please stop ruining every thread with the Nigam attacks.
      So you believe that a thread about the WCHR in which Nigam is presenting has nothing to do with Nigam? Good logic, just what I would expect from someone who still thinks he is legit.

Comment

• nameless
        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by greatjob!
        So you believe that a thread about the WCHR in which Nigam is presenting has nothing to do with Nigam? Good logic, just what I would expect from someone who still thinks he is legit.
        You know you might have a point but so what? Other posters are tired of so many threads turning into this subject. You need to grow up and stop being a broken-record stuck on one subject.

Comment

• greatjob!
          • Aug 2011

You know you might have a point but so what? Other posters are tired of so many threads turning into this subject. You need to grow up and stop being a broken-record stuck on one subject.
          So I have a point but you are going to completely ignore it? Again, sound logic. Also please show me where I am stuck on one subject (I presume you mean Nigam), I would like to see what posts of mine lead you to believe I am stuck on one subject...

Comment

• deuce
            • May 2013

I know everyone is excited about the Japanese findings, but are they going to be demonstrating/talking about anything that is coming to the market within the next to years. Like a nice topical or something?

Comment

• Thinning87
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by deuce
              I know everyone is excited about the Japanese findings, but are they going to be demonstrating/talking about anything that is coming to the market within the next to years. Like a nice topical or something?
              I'm pretty sure this is a conference to discuss science. Product announcements are left to the marketers, not the scientists and researchers.

I think last year's hair congress should teach us not to hope for some kind of unexpected cure that has been found in the last 12 months all of the sudden, but to look at the context of the industry and research and look at the frequent and small breakthroughs with a spirit of cautious optimism.

It was Xu I believe who stated they estimate it would take them another decade to get DP cells to work properly. Let's see what other researchers will say about the issue, and then we can speculate.

Comment

• nameless
                • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Thinning87
                I'm pretty sure this is a conference to discuss science. Product announcements are left to the marketers, not the scientists and researchers.

I think last year's hair congress should teach us not to hope for some kind of unexpected cure that has been found in the last 12 months all of the sudden, but to look at the context of the industry and research and look at the frequent and small breakthroughs with a spirit of cautious optimism.

It was Xu I believe who stated they estimate it would take them another decade to get DP cells to work properly. Let's see what other researchers will say about the issue, and then we can speculate.

One thing I will say is that these researchers have most likely been testing new culture mediums, growth factors, and other things to try to find a way to increase the percentage of trichogenicity retained after high-pass culturing beyond the 22% that Jahoda got it up to.

Perhaps while we all wait for information we could all do speculating as to what types of things the researchers could use to try to increase that percentage of retained trichogenicity.

Anybody got any ideas? What might help increase the percentage of retained trichogenicity? One thing I was thinking that's going to sound kind of crazy is what if they created a culture container that entirely mimicked the environment in which these cells turn into hair cells? I don't mean creating an entire fake follicle but rather create a culture dish that somehow mimics the feel of the follicle along the part of the follicle chain wherein these cells make the decision to grow hair.

Comment

• nameless
                  • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Thinning87

It hasn't even been 12 months since Jahoda made his recent breakthrough. That was last fall in Ocotber. By the time the Hair Loss Congress meets only 7 months will have gone by since Jahoda's presentation. Could researchers really have expanded on Jahoda's research DRAMATICALLY in 7 months and have the results formulated into a presentation already? It doesn't seem like sufficient time.

Comment

• nameless
                    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by The Alchemist
                    First off, whoever said this research indicates that a treatment is ready for the clinic? Secondly, if that's what you're expecting to come out of this conference, you're in for a bitter disappointment.

Arishi said it.

Comment

• nameless
                      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Desmond84
                      VERY EXCITING NEWS

Hey guys, the abstract titles for this year's Hair congress just got announced and some of these talks look absolutely ground breaking. Here's the TOP SIX presentations that I picked out which show 6 different research teams cracking the DP culturing problems, while another team has found what makes the DP cells in the MPB zone so different to the permanent zone. It's also interesting to note that these 6 teams are NOT part of the Chinese or Taiwanese teams we already knew about.

It seems that this beast is about to be cracked I will post more information once more information is published. Science is finally giving us the answers we were waiting for

Here are the titles:

1) P032: GENOME-WIDE EXPRESSION PROFILE ANLYSIS OF 3D CULTURED DERMAL PAPILLA CELLS FROM ANDROGENIC ALOPECIA PATIENTS
                      Weixin Fan

2) P081 (WS3): DERMAL-EPIDERMAL INTERACTIONS IN 3D CULTURE RESTORE MARKERS OF DERMAL PAPILLA INDUCTIVITY
                      Aaron Gardner

3) P082 (WS3): 3D MICRO HAIR FOLLICLE CULTURE IN A DYNAMIC CHIP BIOREACTOR
                      Beren Atac

4) P202 (SY10): REPROGRAMMING REGULAR SKIN FIBROBLASTS INTO HAIR INDUCING DERMAL PAPILLA CELLS
                      Carlos Clavel

5) P221 (FC6): ENHANCING EXPRESSION OF HAIR INDUCTION MARKERS IN HUMAN DERMAL PAPILLA CELLS
                      ARP Sari

6) P228 (SY3): OPTIMIZED PREPARATION OF DERMAL PAPILLA CELL (DP) AND DERMAL SHEATH CELL (DS) CONSTRUCT FOR HAIR REGENERATION
                      Koji Kanayama

__________________________________________________ _____________

On a side note, the third title points out to growing hair germs (microtissues) in a bioreactor to maturations prior to transplantation. Sounds very cool!

What a great year so far A big thumbs up to all these researchers working towards a final cure.

The more I look at number 4 the more I think that it could be very interesting. If they can turn regular skin fibroblasts into hair-inducing dermal papilla cells this could be very big.

Comment

• Arashi
                        • Aug 2012

The more I look at number 4 the more I think that it could be very interesting. If they can turn regular skin fibroblasts into hair-inducing dermal papilla cells this could be very big.
                        LOL you're finally getting it Jarjar Personally I'm most interested in nr 2, the one from Gardner, as he is a member of Jahoda's group and I'd love to hear where they stand. But all the other's are extremely interesting too.

I see above that you claim that I said that there will be a treatment released ready for the clinic ? I never said that not sure why you claim that ? Even if a cure where released right now, it would still need to to through 6-8 years of clinical trials. And I dont even think such a preclinical cure will be presented. BUT these presentations surely will give us a better idea of how close we really are and what problems (if any) still need to be overcome.

Comment

• nameless
                          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Arashi
                          LOL you're finally getting it Jarjar Personally I'm most interested in nr 2, the one from Gardner, as he is a member of Jahoda's group and I'd love to hear where they stand. But all the other's are extremely interesting too.

I see above that you claim that I said that there will be a treatment released ready for the clinic ? I never said that not sure why you claim that ? Even if a cure where released right now, it would still need to to through 6-8 years of clinical trials. And I dont even think such a preclinical cure will be presented. BUT these presentations surely will give us a better idea of how close we really are and what problems (if any) still need to be overcome.
                          I said I believe that #2 looks interesting; I did not say they have advanced this idea to the point of attempting clinical trials yet. They may have but nothing in the abstract titles indicates that they have completed pre-clinical
                          science yet.

You said that they are ready for clinical trials with some of these 2014 hair loss congress titled technologies, which mean that you are saying they are at the point where they have a treatment that could possibly be marketed and they just have to prove that it's safe and effective.

I think you're jumping the gun. Just because they are doing studies regards to these ideas does not mean that they have advanced to the point of clinical testing yet.

Comment

• Arashi
                            • Aug 2012

You said that they are ready for clinical trials with some of these 2014 hair loss congress titled technologies,
                            Oh really. Then please do quote me dear JarJar ! Please show me the post where I said that.

which mean that you are saying they are at the point where they have a treatment that could possibly be marketed
                            You don't seem to understand that clinical trials take 6-8 years dear Jarjarbinx. So even if they DID present a cure, that would still be 6-8 years from being marketable. And again, I never even said they were at the point they were ready for trials, quite the contrary. I do think though, that the best case scenario is that they are there now (a preclinical cure). It's not impossible. But how likely ? Who knows ... That's what Desmond needs to find out !

Comment

• nameless
                              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Arashi
                              Oh really. Then please do quote me dear JarJar ! Please show me the post where I said that.

You don't seem to understand that clinical trials take 6-8 years dear Jarjarbinx. So even if they DID present a cure, that would still be 6-8 years from being marketable. And again, I never even said they were at the point they were ready for trials, quite the contrary. I do think though, that the best case scenario is that they are there now (a preclinical cure). It's not impossible. But how likely ? Who knows ... That's what Desmond needs to find out !

Here's a quote by you earlier in this very thread:

"I think people should just forget about those companies (replicel, aderans, histogen). They proven of no use. Others cracked it and others will bring it to market."

And this is just one of your posts indicating that the researchers already have a viable cure. When this thread first started you clearly believed the code had been cracked and that researchers already have a cure that just needs to be gotten through the clinical studies so it could get it to market.

I hope you're right but I'm not sure if that is the case yet. I think they've made progress above and beyond Jahoda's results but we don't know how much progress they've made yet. We will know soon.

And Arishi, I don't have anything against you. I think you're a good guy at heart. I appreciate your input and I think that you add important details to all of the discussions you're involved with. I just think that once you come to a conclusion it's very hard to get you to open your mind to the possibility that you could be wrong. And then when someone gets you to see that you could be mistaken you don't simply state that you were mistaken and move on. Instead you go into denial.

What's so hard about just saying, "You know Jar Jar, you're right I did jump the gun a little, but it's pretty clear they're making some progress since Jahoda and we can all hope that the progress is sufficient to give us what we want."

Arishi when I'm mistaken I just simply say, "oops I stand corrected" and then I move on.

Comment

• BBay
                                • Jun 2013

Clinical trials

Thanks Desmond84 for the info, I'm looking at my schedule as I'm thinking of going to this Congress now just to see first hand what clinical trials are presented, as you said it looks very exciting.

Comment

Working...