Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cichlidfort
    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Potm22
    I am 22 years old, started losing hair like 1,5 years ago and using RU since 3 weeks now, stacked with 0.3mg of finasteride per day.
    Im not sure about the results so far, during the day i dont really lose many hair, maybe like 30-40, but i found quite alot of hair in the sink of where i always wash my hair before applying ru, so im really not sure.

Anyways, im gonna keep going and maybe try some premixed solution to exclude the risk of me doing sth wrong when mixing and keep ppl posted. Also i want to say a big thanks to everyone that contributes to this thread and posts updates of their results, it really helps me by giving me hope. If this turns out really working, so that i can finally stop taking finasteride that would make my life so much better, at the moment my hairloss gets me deeply depressed.

I have one question though, I only lose hair at my temples and a little bit on the back of my head, should i still apply like shown in the first post by Hellouser? Like also apply on the midscalp or is it okay if i just apply on my temples and vortex? So far i only applied on the places im losing hair, nowhere else, in case thats a mistake please tell me
    Where on the back of your head? Be very specific. You might have retrograde alopecia. It'll be a matter of time until the hair on top starts to take it's MPB course as well.

Comment

• Potm22
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by cichlidfort
      Where on the back of your head? Be very specific. You might have retrograde alopecia. It'll be a matter of time until the hair on top starts to take it's MPB course as well.
      Like there is this little bald spot that every human has on the back of the head, where most of ppls hair grow in a swirl around. I think my hair start thinning around that area. I am definatly not losing any hair on the sides and lower back of my head. Losing by far most of my hair on the temples, the rest still seems okay. But the loss on the temples is killing me, bcos i used to love styling my hair so much, making different hairstyles etc(no homo lol), i love my hair so much, dont wanna lose them :-(.
      My friend told me i can go to a doctor and get a haircount done in an area and recheck like a few months later to see the difference, gonna get that done within next few days to be able to keep track and post updates of results combined with my ru treatment every 8-10 weeks.

Comment

• cichlidfort
        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Potm22
        Like there is this little bald spot that every human has on the back of the head, where most of ppls hair grow in a swirl around. I think my hair start thinning around that area. I am definatly not losing any hair on the sides and lower back of my head. Losing by far most of my hair on the temples, the rest still seems okay. But the loss on the temples is killing me, bcos i used to love styling my hair so much, making different hairstyles etc(no homo lol), i love my hair so much, dont wanna lose them :-(.
        My friend told me i can go to a doctor and get a haircount done in an area and recheck like a few months later to see the difference, gonna get that done within next few days to be able to keep track and post updates of results combined with my ru treatment every 8-10 weeks.
        The hair swirl you're referring to is known as the crown. Good idea with the hair count but at the same time try not to do much hair counting. It will raise your anxiety.

Comment

• Cob984
          • Sep 2012

staythick are you still doing well on eth/pg

Comment

• StayThick
            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Cob984
            staythick are you still doing well on eth/pg
            Cob, yes. I have now gone from EOD to every day to monitor sides. I have had none which is shocking. I'm still getting my normal morning wood and my nipples aren't flaring out.

They get "slightly puffy" hours after application, but it's not severe and it looks normal hours later after that. I think my problem with RU last time around was I was mixing my own batches with KB. So either the KB solution was the culprit or maybe RU was more potent being "fresh" and not premixed. Not sure though.

But I did notice my hair felt dry and was not falling out at all when I made my own batches. With the premixed I went through a shed, but also it doesn't immediately dry my scalp or prevent hair from falling. Still strands will fall.

Results wise? Still need more time. Right now monitoring sides is key. How you doing Cob?

Comment

• Cob984
              • Sep 2012

Bad, iv given up, sides on everything

Comment

• simco84
                • Apr 2014

scared to start RU

Hi guys, I recently purchased some RU after reading about it on this forum and a few other sites. I was ready to start using it until I started reading about guys having serious shedding, lasting months, and shedding "phases" where the shedding comes and goes. I am well aware of the typical shedding that occurs with minoxidil use, but this sounded extreme. There is no way I could mentally and emotionally handle significant thinning of my hair at this point in my life. I am very hesitant to use it now, although it sounds like it could definitely help. I would like to hear other users accounts of their shedding experience, or if they experienced any at all.

Comment

• LMS
                  • Dec 2012

Could I get away with storing multi month (6+) amounts of RU in a minifridge freezer - its pretty shitty but enough to freeze water solid. Probably between -2 to -8 c id guess.

Or should I be making sure I'm dropping this in like -18 c deep freeze? Just wondering cuz with like the stability test proving pretty positive im just not sure.

Comment

• hellouser
                    • May 2012

Originally posted by LMS
                    Could I get away with storing multi month (6+) amounts of RU in a minifridge freezer - its pretty shitty but enough to freeze water solid. Probably between -2 to -8 c id guess.

Or should I be making sure I'm dropping this in like -18 c deep freeze? Just wondering cuz with like the stability test proving pretty positive im just not sure.
                    Condensation will screw up the efficacy/longevity of RU when mixed with water.

In short: Don't do it.

Comment

• LMS
                      • Dec 2012

Oohh also, ordered RU right before easter - lots of delays, and its coming from FLorida and now in LA (hot as **** probably). How f'd am I? Is my RU still gonna be alright even though its been like over a week so far.

Comment

• LMS
                        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by hellouser
                        Condensation will screw up the efficacy/longevity of RU when mixed with water.

In short: Don't do it.
                        Haha thats not what I meant sorry if I worded it weird I was high as the time.

Basically asking is -2 to like -8 (my estimation of my mini fridge freezer temp) enough to store RU for 6+ months. Or should I be storing it in a legit deep freezer thats like -18 c ?

Comment

• hellouser
                          • May 2012

Originally posted by LMS
                          Haha thats not what I meant sorry if I worded it weird I was high as the time.

Basically asking is -2 to like -8 (my estimation of my mini fridge freezer temp) enough to store RU for 6+ months. Or should I be storing it in a legit deep freezer thats like -18 c ?
                          Raw powder should last for 6+ months if held in the freezer. I thought you meant (read it wrong) you wanted to mix in the vehicle and store that.

Comment

• LMS
                            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by hellouser
                            Raw powder should last for 6+ months if held in the freezer. I thought you meant (read it wrong) you wanted to mix in the vehicle and store that.
                            Awesome thanks

Comment

• doke
                              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Jazz1
                              Kb solution good? What solution do you use?
                              sorry for being late with reply just been busy lately and not being on here much, yes i use the kb solution as i think that preserves it longer and as to applying i apply 1.5mls a day all over top of scalp massaging in until its dry.

Comment

• doke
                                • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Alias123
                                Hey doke, thanks for alot of good info on the site, i also live in the uk, im thinking about ordering RU aswell, i work 12 hours a day so i have no time to mix myself, so my question is:
                                The premixed batch you buy, is it just like buying rogaine, in other words, is it that simple that you can just apply it to your scalp? ( hairline in my case) and where is the link for the premixed RU? thanks alot
                                hi Alias i apply mine at night sometimes in the morning and if using rogaine apply about 15 mins later, i have stopped regaine as i am using neogenic and ru and hair loss has stopped but bald areas only fine vellous hair at this time.
                                Yes premixed i use a 1ml syringe to apply 1.5mls a day and massage in till its dry so simples haha.

Comment

Working...