Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KevinNalts
    • Aug 2009

Hi, I'm Nalts & Former Propecia Marketer

Hi. I'm Kevin Nalty (aka "Nalts" on YouTube). Until a few months ago, I oversaw consumer marketing for Propecia. Of course, you can save your medical questions about Propecia for Spencer since I have no doubt he's more adept at the science than I.

At the age of 40 I am one of the oldest YouTube "stars," so I wanted to look more like my typical viewer (born in the early 90s while I was in college). Dr. Alan Bauman did me up with a nice transplant (FUE- follicular unit extraction) this week. Loving it.

You can track my story on http://www.hairofnalts.com, or hear me on this week (Aug. 23, 2009, 8 EST) "The Bald Truth" show.
  • PayDay
    • Nov 2008

This is so Awesome! Kobren and Nalts spreading the Gospel for the hair impaired (stole that one from you Spencer. I’ll be listening.

Comment

• KevinNalts
      • Aug 2009

Hair impaired is better than balding or friggin' MPHL (man I'm tired of that acronym). It's time to tell the world that it's okay to accept hairloss, but it's also okay to care about it. If I said "I have a headache," what human would say, "you're fine with a headache... I like you just the way you are."

Comment

• Zao
        • Dec 2008

Baldielocks!

I once had a girl tell me to “cool my jets Baldielocks” I had a lot of hair at the time too. People should know how much we are impacted by this.

If you haven't read my story yet here is the link.
        Eleven years ago back in 1998 I was an 18 year old freshman in college and I was losing my hair. I had been losing it since about 16, I think but it was becoming very noticeable when I got to college. Styling my hair was nightmare and I was starting to get the comments from my friends. It came to a head one night when I was at

The Bald Truth has had a profound positive impact on my life and it’s good to see other well known people getting out there to help.

Chris

Comment

• blowmeup
          • Nov 2008

Chris you should have smacked the girl in the head! I like the analogy KevinNalts, that’s exactly how it feels sometimes.

Comment

• Winston
            • Mar 2009

I won't be able to listen or watch the show this weekend, will it be archived in the forum? I was also wondering if there will ever be podcasts of the show?

Comment

• Zao
              • Dec 2008

I enjoyed the show very much last night KevinNalts! It’s a brave thing what you’re doing.

Comment

• Mr. 4000
                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by KevinNalts
                Hair impaired is better than balding or friggin' MPHL (man I'm tired of that acronym). It's time to tell the world that it's okay to accept hairloss, but it's also okay to care about it. If I said "I have a headache," what human would say, "you're fine with a headache... I like you just the way you are."
                , that is great

Comment

• Red20
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by KevinNalts
                  Hi. I'm Kevin Nalty (aka "Nalts" on YouTube). Until a few months ago, I oversaw consumer marketing for Propecia. Of course, you can save your medical questions about Propecia for Spencer since I have no doubt he's more adept at the science than I.

At the age of 40 I am one of the oldest YouTube "stars," so I wanted to look more like my typical viewer (born in the early 90s while I was in college). Dr. Alan Bauman did me up with a nice transplant (FUE- follicular unit extraction) this week. Loving it.

You can track my story on http://www.hairofnalts.com, or hear me on this week (Aug. 23, 2009, 8 EST) "The Bald Truth" show.

Hey Kevin Nalts,

Could you provide us with an update of your progress.

Comment

• KeepTheHair
                    • Mar 2010

I hate to say this...

But unless you received an extremely small amount of grafts. I think your hair transplant wasn't successful. No hairs at all grew where he planned the hairline.

I guess there is always risks, especially with FUE which has a smaller success rate.

There is probably a chance I could be wrong, but I think more than enough time has gone by for those hairs to have started growing.

How many grafts did nalts get?

Comment

• KeepTheHair
                      • Mar 2010

And what is it with the provillus ad on your blog?

That stuff won't work. Some claim it even causes hair to fall out.

It's just extremely expensive nutritional supplment and minoxidil. It's a total ripoff.......

Makes me lose respect for you.

Comment

• Red20
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by KeepTheHair
                        I hate to say this...

But unless you received an extremely small amount of grafts. I think your hair transplant wasn't successful. No hairs at all grew where he planned the hairline.

I guess there is always risks, especially with FUE which has a smaller success rate.

There is probably a chance I could be wrong, but I think more than enough time has gone by for those hairs to have started growing.

How many grafts did nalts get?

I thought it was over 3,000 grafts?

I have read some very unhappy patients of Baumans complaining about him on other forums, so I think Nalts might be in trouble.

What a waste if those grafts don't grow.

Comment

• KeepTheHair
                          • Mar 2010

3000 grafts...thats a lot.

That would have totally filled in his hairline, which isn't even slightly changed.

This transplant was probably unsuccessful. I am no expert but the grafts should have grown by now.

This doesn't look good for Bauman or Nalts, considering they hyped it all up for months.

I am still totally against the fact that he advertises provillus on his blog... thats lame.

Comment

Working...