+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Shampoo to use in conjunction with Nizoral?

Hi all.
    I've been using Finpecia, Minoxidil foam and Nizoral for about a year and am seeing some new growth, which is very encouraging.
    I wash my hair 4 times a week,using Nizoral twice a week, and up till now, have just been finishing the shampoo I had left over on the other 2 days that I wash my hair.
    Now that the I've used up all my left over shampoo, what could I use to compliment my current regime? I was thinking od using Nizoral twice a week and another shampoo twice a week, but which is best?
    Alpecin, Revivogen, Progaine,.............?
    Also how about conditioner to use once or twice a week? Is there anything that'll compliment what I am already using?
    Thanks for your help.

Dude,

You have everything you need. No need for overkill as it could throw out the combo - Adding too many things into the mix could cause shedding etc.

Stick withthe big 3 - ease off Nizoral to 1x a week in my honest opinion

As a daily shampoo i use 2in1 Head and Shoulders
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Are you using 2% or 1% Nizoral? I had been operating on the assumption that twice a week was okay for 1%. Would be glad of your view on this Spex?

On Nizoral, many people say it dries out the hair. I have tried the pink label/white bottle Nizoral sold in Boots, UK, and the blue label/blue bottle one sold in the US. The additional ingredients are different. I reckon the UK version dries out the hair more. There is also a Nizoral version with conditioner that is sold in Australia. So far I have not found this available anywhere. Can anyone help?

******* if you can give me the actual name of the nizoral with conditioner i will have a look and let you know. I am in Australia

I'm using Nizoral 2%, I think. Not looking for anything drastic, just something that'll compliment what I am already using. Maybe Nizoral once a week and something else the rest?

Quote Originally Posted by joey1979 View Post
    ******* if you can give me the actual name of the nizoral with conditioner i will have a look and let you know. I am in Australia
    http://www.cutpricepharmacy.com.au/N...+OUT+OF+STOCK+

Not sure whether this link will show when I post this. If you google Nizoral Australia some links come up with a product picture/item with Nizoral with conditioner on the blue packet. All the links I have found say 'out of stock'.

I'd love a confirmation from Spex as to whether or not the Nizoral 1% should be used once or twice a week. I've been using it twice for about three weeks now.

Also, does starting on Nizoral typically cause an initial shed?

Nizoral shampoo is also known as 'Sebizole' by Douglas Pharmaceuticals in Australia

I use 2% nizoral every 3 days without any problems as of yet, the times I don't use it I either just wash my hair in the shower with water only or use baby shampoo haha, I figured nizoral every 3 days is already quite harsh on the scalp for some people, no need to use anything else.

as for your regimen, it's fine, you're seeing regrowth, most people are happy with just maintaining, stick with it imo, no need to add anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodyy View Post
    I use 2% nizoral every 3 days without any problems as of yet.
    You should only use 2% Nizoral once a week unless a doctor has specifically told you to use it more often than that. For the rest of the week, just make sure your shampoo and conditioner are sulfate free.