+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    But fake hair is easier to get than fake breasts, so your comparison isn't really apt.
    um no...you could go get your toupee but it looks horrible and fake all the time. Fake boobs actually look good and most guys can't even tell if its fake or not. Everyone can tell if your wearing a toupee specially when your hair is styled the same every single day without any difference.

I think it's a fair comparison. There is just as much pressure for women to look 'perfect' -if not more so- than men. We live in such an appearance driven society that there are high pressures on both sexes to look their best.

John, you're right. Fake breasts are looked upon much more favorably than toupees. I've seen so many famous women like Pamela Anderson proudly admit to the world that they have breast implants but I've never seen any man (except for that pitiful George Costanza actor) admit to the world that they're wearing a wig. And I can sure as hell bet that none of us would want to model or emulate ourselves after short, pudgy little turd nugget George Costanza actor. Even actors like Burt Reynolds or Ted Danson (who have been known for years to wear obvious wigs) would never admit that they're wearing wigs. Hell, I even personally know women who have gotten breast implants and proudly show them off all over facebook (not topless photos, just low-cut tops). Also, a wig has so many more downsides that breast implants. I know people who wear wigs that are glued onto their heads and common complaints include: 1. Having the wig loosen and move when they sweat, 2. Have the skin under the wig itch like hell when they sweat, 3. fear of detection, and 4. and most importantly, it feels like you're wearing a hat of hair on top of your head. I highly doubt that breast implants require this much maintenance and are not nearly looked down upon as much as toupees.

Also, I believe that it is a helluva lot easier for a woman with small breasts than a man with hair loss. I see women with small breasts hook up with attractive guys all the time yet I rarely see NW6 men with beautiful women. A woman can hide her small breasts under certain types of clothing. A woman with small breasts can also pose for photos and post facial shots on facebook while still looking good (assuming they have a pretty face). Yet a man with baldness is really f***ed.

And lastly, I don't normally agree with Highlander, but I really do think that people should really consider all of the sh***y genetic traits that they could pass down to their children before they decide to have children in the first place. Or at least, parents should be more alert, proactive, and full aware of these unwanted genetic traits, diseases, etc. so that they can be prevented before they manifest themselves in their children. After all, people can bring a child into this world, only to have that child live a lifetime of misery due to circumstances beyond his or her control.
    Last edited by DepressedByHairLoss; 10-16-2012 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Typed the same thing twice in paragraphs 3 and 4.