+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I can tell you after using Lipogaine and then Rogaine on my hair for about 8 months straight (starting from Feb- March thereabouts) it has made a difference it has filled in my vertex with and front of my scalp with thin vellus hairs that some were shedding and then darkening into full fledged . The literal near straight line from my sideburns and the sides of my hair started to fill with light tufts at the temples where hair was nonexistent. I was using this in concert with Regenepure and Nizoral twice a week and apple cider vinegar to clean away sebum blockage, oil plugging up the follicles and dead skin. Before restarting the process again

On July I started finasteride and saw palmetto and I felt the tingle in my testicles followed by a slight burning sensation and then it went away after two days. My semen became watery upon inspection but I never lost my erections though the morning ones were not as common.

I tapered off and went to more saw palmetto when my first batch of fin generics ran out (about 30 1mg pills). The morning erections came back stronger than ever and my sex drive was unaffected throughout the process. Now with my order of 60 pills about two months worth I have started up and there is little shed and the burning weird sensation is gone. I do feel the burning itchy scalp I had when I was twenty something coming back now as when my MPB symptoms first started. It would seem like the DHT is fighting tooth and nail but I am feeling stubble in what used to be light vellus hair near clean bald spots that I shaved down with the rest of my hair look uniform and completely bald. However it would seem that there are early dividends and I can see and feel the stubble or hair that was fairly light and diffuse in areas where hair loss was for more severe.
    To give you some context here I am a Norwood 5 going to a 6 and with the progress I am seeing the fin and minoxidil and the keto and if they keep this up will have reversed this by next year to a based on the shadow of new hair coming in that I am seeing to a Norwood 3 and at best 2.5 which is fantastic. I will post pictures soon of my progress but I am fairly satisfied with the product.

I'm really not set on whether i should take the propecia plunge yet. Still can't decide whether to go with it or try http://hairgrowthcure.com alternative

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    You will always hear about the negative with everyting to do with hairloss and treatments, especially if you are on the hunt for it. Very few guys with positive results have reason to hang around on hair loss message forms. They move on with their lives which is essentially the purpose.

I personally have had remarkable results over 15 years on finasteride, its the secret to my success as it stopped further hairloss dead and enabled me to rebuild what i had permanently lost via HT's .

I’m 54 years old. Last hair transplant was in 2013. Started taking finasteride a year ago. I’ve had a shedding phase around the third and fourth month. My hair started growing back somewhat decently after. Then more shedding begin. After the ninth month, between shedding and regrowth, I wasn’t gaining any ground. Mostly losing ground now. Approaching the year mark, shedding more than ever.
    If you can recall, how was your year experience? Understanding that everyone reacts somewhat differently to Finasteride, should I weather through this shedding please?

I’ve been on propecia/finasteride since probably 1999. I wasn’t aware of side effects but now I’m realizing that I’ve probably had some all along.
    I have had tinnitus for years, sort of snuck up on my where I didn’t notice it and now it’s obvious. I have some dizziness, and just developed Peyronie’s. So yeah, I’m worried & wish I could go off of it. I feel trapped now. It goes against everything I believe in to be medicated for this long and yet not taking it and risking losing hair and Aldo revealing my Ht scar seems worse. It’s a ridiculous situation to be in and I regret my ht and meds every day.
    So for anyone that’s not on it, stay off. There’s no reason to chance screwing up your body’s chemistry. I feel like a prisoner.

Quote Originally Posted by JasperT View Post
    I’ve been on propecia/finasteride since probably 1999. I wasn’t aware of side effects but now I’m realizing that I’ve probably had some all along.
    I have had tinnitus for years, sort of snuck up on my where I didn’t notice it and now it’s obvious. I have some dizziness, and just developed Peyronie’s. So yeah, I’m worried & wish I could go off of it. I feel trapped now. It goes against everything I believe in to be medicated for this long and yet not taking it and risking losing hair and Aldo revealing my Ht scar seems worse. It’s a ridiculous situation to be in and I regret my ht and meds every day.
    So for anyone that’s not on it, stay off. There’s no reason to chance screwing up your body’s chemistry. I feel like a prisoner.

So far I haven’t experienced any side effects except for a little drop in ED. Other than that, nothing. I haven’t even experienced any positive effects. Since I’m stuck on this drug, for now, is this shedding going to continue into my 13th month?

[QUOTE=Marshmalo;85763]
    Quote Originally Posted by jsn View Post
    I used to look a pron sites just to "test" whether I could get it up.
    LOL. That's a good one.

Been on it for 2 years, no side effects and grew most of my thinning hairline back. It was receding aggressively about 3 years ago but now I'm back to normal again after jumping on finasteride (Propecia).

Quote Originally Posted by Lsrf13 View Post
    So far I haven’t experienced any side effects except for a little drop in ED. Other than that, nothing. I haven’t even experienced any positive effects. Since I’m stuck on this drug, for now, is this shedding going to continue into my 13th month?
    As of 12/2018, on Finasteride for 1 1/2 years, I stopped taking. Unfortunately, I noticed zero results while being on, and no change since being off for almost a month. Oh well, back to the drawing board.