+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default POSITIVE experience with Propecia?

Hi Guys,

Obviously we mainly hear about the guys that are having trouble with Propecia and suffering the side effects which is fair enough. They'd want to talk about it more than someone who is having great results and is off enjoying their life.

But are there many people on this forum that can honestly say they've had great results with Propecia without problems?

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

As a side note, here's a guy that I know for a fact has been taking Propecia for the last 15 years and he says he doesn't feel it has held him back at all. Check out his fitness contest pictures: http://www.adonisindex.com/do-you-want-to-be-200-lbs/

Not bad for a 50 year old!

You will always hear about the negative with everyting to do with hairloss and treatments, especially if you are on the hunt for it. Very few guys with positive results have reason to hang around on hair loss message forms. They move on with their lives which is essentially the purpose.

I personally have had remarkable results over 15 years on finasteride, its the secret to my success as it stopped further hairloss dead and enabled me to rebuild what i had permanently lost via HT's .
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    You will always hear about the negative with everyting to do with hairloss and treatments, especially if you are on the hunt for it. Very few guys with positive results have reason to hang around on hair loss message forms. They move on with their lives which is essentially the purpose.

I personally have had remarkable results over 15 years on finasteride, its the secret to my success as it stopped further hairloss dead and enabled me to rebuild what i had permanently lost via HT's .
    Thanks Spex. I had a feeling this thread wouldn't receive many replies and if anyone was going to, you would!

On a side note, I literally just watched Morgan Spurlock's "Mansome" - rented it and all. Where were you?! I thought you were in the documentary?!

I started taking it 14 or 15 years ago, I'm in my early 40's now. My dad in his mid 30's had lost most of his hair, same with my grandfather. While I'm gradually losing my hairline, everything else looked about the same as 14 or 15 years ago. A recent mistake I made was trying to take less, to save $$$, I worked my self down to taking 1mg a week then all the sudden my crown went missing and I thinned out everywhere else. I learned a good lesson and take it regularly again. Thinking about HT and adding in Rogaine as well just to be on the safe side.

I've never had issues with the drug. One thing I'm grateful for is that my doctor never told me about side effects when I started taking it other than possible shed. And I'm thankful that I wasn't reading about all the negatives on the web. If I would have been reading all the negative stuff on the web before I started taking it, I'm guessing I would have had side effects just because I would have mentally geared myself up to have side effects.

Please don't get me wrong, I know there are people that do have side effects from the drug, and that sucks, but I think a lot of it is self induced. I read a good quote the other day, "thoughts become things", or something like that. For me, it's very true. I can easily screw my mind up with negative thoughts. I like oranges, if I tell myself day after day after day that eating oranges will cause me to have trouble with erections, guess what, I'm going to have erection problems when I eat oranges. That's just the way it is for me. I'm glad I never heard of all the negatives when I started taking the drug. Maybe I wouldn't have even started..

Thumbs up

I've been on Propecia for about the same number of years and it was the best thing I ever did for myself. Changed my life! Millions of men have been helped by this drug. It's really disturbing to me to see how something that can be so beneficial to so many people has literally been demonized by a very small minority and the irresponsible media. I am so lucky and thankful that I got on it when I did.

Lets keep this thread for positive experiences only! There are enough negative Propecia threads. Maybe more people with positive experiences will post if they know it's not going to turn into a battle on this thread.

Here's my story.
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=435

[QUOTE=jsn;85312]
    I read a good quote the other day, "thoughts become things", or something like that. QUOTE]

I havnt taken Propecia (yet) but I just wnated to say I know what you mean there. I duped myself into believeing I was impotent and would worry about it so much I just couldnt get it up, I used to look a pron sites just to "test" whether I could get it up.

I realised if your looking at something just to test your hardon your not going to get it up due to nerves alone.

I wasnt even taking any drug at the time and this scare lasted for months.

There are genuine concerns about the safety of this drug. Remember, whoever is giving you the advice to take the drug is not taking the risk, YOU are.

I've had great success too from finasteride, been on it for I don't even know how long.. many many years.

I started to see that it was loosing it's effect and I just increased the dose to 1.25mg and have never looked back.

I think it's too bad about all the bad remarks people make.. It can put so much fear into people.

It's a small dose drug that inhibits an enzyme. I just can't believe it would ever damage someone permanently and I think there is to much negative online about it.

Just my opinion.

I've been on it for 7 months with great results, and I still have a full head of hair with out rogaine or surgery. I started fin the same week I noticed my thinning. I didn't waist time like a lot of people do and get on it when their hairloss is noticeable.

Took it for four years and didn't notice any problems at all and it seemed to halt my loss for a while...not so much anymore I think though..