+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    I understand your pain very very much. It would be great if hair loss were something like the flu, where even if we didnt get vaccinated, a simple round of anti-biotics would cure it. Unfortunatly, the complicated process of hair loss is far deeper reaching, aka. genetics(at least for MPB patients). Hair loss is PAINFUL, in my opinion.

Are IAHRS transplant doctors really that much better? Won't FUE still result in scarring, and aren't transplants NEVER completely unnoticeable?

Very confused as to how to move on with life
    I feel your pain too bro. I understand that baldness may be more complicated because it involves genetics, but a person's genetic material does not necessarily need to be changed for a person to regrow their own hair. For example, none of the promising treatments on the horizon like those from Aderans or Replicel involve changing a person's genetics at all. My main beef is that so little is being done to try to develop a cure or more effective treatments for baldness. I see very few options out there, most of which do not adequately serve the majority of hair loss sufferers, and barely anybody is doing anything to try to develop new, less invasive, and more innovative solutions to hair loss. And I'd bet that many of the potential solutions for hair loss could be autologous (which means that stem cells from a person's own body are used to heal or replace faulty stem cells) and could thereby bypass the extremely rigorous FDA trials. Except in today's hair loss world I see 2 camps: 1) scientists who continue to test on mice without any desire to develop anything useful for humans and 2) HT doctors who seem to have tunnel-vision and focus on HT's and nothing else, despite the fact that less than 10% of hair loss sufferers even opt for these HT's in the first place! The severe lack of innovation and options within the hair loss industry is what pisses me off more than anything.

most of the people who try to soothe you about your hairloss related depression say that "it's just hair, you are not your hair" etc. well maybe I am not my hair, but in no way "it's just hair", it's more than that, still it's a big part of who I am and who I used to be. I still feel like me but when I look into the mirror, I don't see me anymore. I think the biggest problem is this, I want the old me back, I had no issues being that person (physically). I don't wanna be the new me for like maybe +30 more years.

I haven't had anyone tell me "it's just hair" yet but if someone did I would kindly suggest they try sporting the bald look. You can just imagine what their response would be. Some people are just hypocrites and don't understand the toll hair loss takes on a person who suffers from MPB.

Quote Originally Posted by StuckInARut View Post
    I haven't had anyone tell me "it's just hair" yet but if someone did I would kindly suggest they try sporting the bald look. You can just imagine what their response would be. Some people are just hypocrites and don't understand the toll hair loss takes on a person who suffers from MPB.
    The couple guys I've said something to at work haven't said those words, but the same implication.

They don't understand the friends they have that ARE bald, are just that. They've gone through it. Its done.

Its far different when you're BALDING.