+ Reply to Thread

Default Another Rogaine question

Hey guys! So this is another minoxidil question I didn't want to hijack anyone's thread so thought I should post as a new thread.

I have been on Spectral DNC for 2.5 yrs. Its helped me somewhat in terms of making my hair thicker.

But DNC cost CDN$39.99/month (without tax and shipping).

The cost was really killing me (I am a grad student), so I am now switching to the much cheaper Rogaine.

I ordered the foam which will arrive soon and was wondering if it is possible I might loose some of the benefits from the switch. Also when I start Rogaine foam, how do I get the foam in the scalp and not the hair. Another thing that bothers me about DNC was it would make my hair little sticky, like weigh them down. So I hope the foam does that less.

Thanks for any replies from Rogaine foam users.

Since the main hair loss treatment component to both Rogaine and Spectral DNC is Minoxidil, I wouldn't imagine you will lose most of your gains. Spectral DNC has a few other things in their solution, (Aminexil, Adenosine, Procyanidin (B2 & C-1), T-Flavanone...) which are supposed to help regrow hair, I would imagine you may lose gains that were a result of the other drugs. Since minoxidil is one of two FDA approved drugs to treat hair loss I'm not sure how much the other drugs in Spectral DNC really treat hair loss. In my opinion you should not have much noticeable differences between products. Also on amazon you can buy Spectral DNC for $20, which is no too much more than Rogaine.

Quote Originally Posted by khan View Post
    I ordered the foam which will arrive soon and was wondering if it is possible I might loose some of the benefits from the switch.
    I doubt the effectiveness would be any different. The true effectiveness of the extra ingredients in products such as Spectral DNC is questionable at best. However, whenever you make a sudden change you can induce another shed. Therefore it would be best to make the change slowly and gradually over a period of a few months.

daninreallife, thanks for the reply. Hope you are right about not having any noticable difference.

I think you a right Tracy. I will start off with DNC once a day, and Rogaine once a day. Just to be careful.

But DNC is really annoying me for the past few months. Its so expensive, and it leaves my completely stick together.
    Actually now the formula is better. When I first started in Feb 2009, it had this awful smell, bad enought that someone even pointed out that my hair smell like vitamins.

DNC has made my hair a little thicker, or healthier at best. So I am tired off spending so much on something that makes my hair so weird and sticky.