+ Reply to Thread

Default Spencer for President

at first when i started to listen to the bald truth, my first thought about Spencer, was that he was an obnoxious middle aged man who liked to talk about how young he was looking, and how many 9's and 10's he been with. Next fase was that i saw something of my self in him, the insecurity that hair loss hits you with, and it makes you insecure about your looks and appearance. That can make you compensate for this, by being confirmed in a youthful appearance and being with pretty girls. Now i'm really happy to listen to Spencer every week, and see a human being just like all rest of us, but with something extra. He has brought hair loss to a whole new level, and i feel secure about him being the one helping all of us suffers all over the world.

PS. if he gets elected he will use a lot of money fighting a war, not against cultures with other values, but on all the terrible deceases that humanity experience, among them hair loss.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger norwood's View Post
    at first when i started to listen to the bald truth, my first thought about Spencer, was that he was an obnoxious middle aged man who liked to talk about how young he was looking, and how many 9's and 10's he been with. Next fase was that i saw something of my self in him, the insecurity that hair loss hits you with, and it makes you insecure about your looks and appearance. That can make you compensate for this, by being confirmed in a youthful appearance and being with pretty girls. Now i'm really happy to listen to Spencer every week, and see a human being just like all rest of us, but with something extra. He has brought hair loss to a whole new level, and i feel secure about him being the one helping all of us suffers all over the world.

PS. if he gets elected he will use a lot of money fighting a war, not against cultures with other values, but on all the terrible deceases that humanity experience, among them hair loss.
    Spencer Kobren for President! I've been listening to him since 2002 after hearing a commercial for his show on Opie and Anthony on WNEW radio here in New York. I was 20 and he was already like 35 I think. I think I connected with him right away because he was so insanely honest about his insecurities. I had never heard anyone publicly speak out about feeling unattractive and insecure because they were going bald, especially a guy on the radio. It was like "what" is this for real?

I think I have listened to almost every show since I found him and I have never heard him say he looked young or anything, but I have heard many people tell him how young he looks and I think he's always been gracious about it and would even deflect the compliments by making fun of his hair or saying that he's getting old.(Not that you're old Spencer.
    I've also heard him say many times that despite his hair loss and his insecurities, when he was young, he would rather be rejected by 9s and 10s than be rejected by a 5, so no matter how he felt about himself he always went for the hottest girls in the room. That always inspired me and has helped me with my own self confidence with women.

The thing about Spencer is that if he didn't keep telling us how screwed up he was, I would never know he was just like me. I don't think he ever came off as obnoxious, just cool. He always admitted that he was unhappy sometimes and insecure because of his hair, but worked hard to overcome his issues to be happy and to build the life he wanted for himself. He didn't let his hair get in his way of being with hot chicks or anything. I always admired how he would say that he would tell girls that he was losing his hair right away and asked them not to touch it and stuff. I admired his balls with girls and the balls it took to be the poster boy for balding insecure guys. It takes big balls to admit to the world that hair loss messed you up so much, if he can do that, which no one has ever done to his level, he can defineitly be the leader of the free world, hands down!

Thumbs up

Actually I think is Spencer did run for office, he would get the bald vote which would be huge, and transcends all party lines!lol

I just want to state that am i huge fan og spencer, and the one week he was on vacation, i got really nervous that he would leave the show for good, because of all the hair loss suffers that have been attacking him. I am not always on the same side as Spencer, for instance regarding the safety of using hormones for treating hair loss. Does this mean that i do not have a ton of respect for the man, absolutely not. Spencer is "the king of hairloss" and there is no one over or next to him. He deserves a lot of respect for all he has done for the hair loss community, and i hope he stays on the show until some kind of treatment comes along. Otherwise we will have no one to represent us and give hope in these dark times.

Let's all just vote him in on the write in ballot! He might just wake up one morning at the White House!
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

The baldness industrial complex!

The purpose with this post is to give Spencer all the credit that he deserves, The reason i told about my first impression of him, was that i was completely wrong about my first assumption. I think we need to be thankful for having this online community and the people making it happen.

If it was'nt for Spencer no one would ever take my hairloss seriously. My doctor told me it is all in my head, and my own father who is a norwood 6, laughed at me, when i said the i was considering a hair transplant. For all the young cats in here, who call in to tbt show, Spencer gives something that no one else can do, and that is an understanding and taking ones problems serious.I know that We are all grateful for this, we just have to remember to say it out loud :-)

The purpose with this post is to give Spencer all the credit that he deserves, The reason i told about my first impression of him, was that i was completely wrong about my first assumption. I think we need to be thankful for having this online community and the people making it happen.

If it was'nt for Spencer no one would ever take my hairloss seriously. My doctor told me it is all in my head, and my own father who is a norwood 6, laughed at me, when i said the i was considering a hair transplant. For all the young cats in here, who call in to tbt show, Spencer gives something that no one else can do, and that is an understanding and taking ones problems serious.I know that We are all grateful for this, we just have to remember to say it out loud :-)
    I've been saying it out load for years! Spencer changed my world as I believe he has done for many thousands of us. TBT is my therapy and if it were not for the show, I don't know where I would be today.

Quote Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
    I've been saying it out load for years! Spencer changed my world as I believe he has done for many thousands of us. TBT is my therapy and if it were not for the show, I don't know where I would be today.
    Amen to that, like i said before i was really worried when Spencer was on vacation. Kudos to Andrew and Joe for hosting, but the bald truth without Spencer Kobren, will never be the bald truth. Spencer is the bald truth, because of the person he is, the show is what it is.

Spencer quote: "it is, what it is" :-)

Amen to that, like i said before i was really worried when Spencer was on vacation. Kudos to Andrew and Joe for hosting, but the bald truth without Spencer Kobren, will never be the bald truth. Spencer is the bald truth, because of the person he is, the show is what it is.

Spencer quote: "it is, what it is" :-)
    The show could not exist without Spencer. Like you said, he is the show. Joe is alright, but he's more of a character than anything else. Spencer is like the Dr. Phil of hair loss, but like Payday said, much cooler. Spencer changed my life too, and I can say that if it were not for me fiinding TBT, I would be a different person with a much different life.

If you never read my story here it is.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=435

Let me thank you again Spencer, I just can not thank you enough!