+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

i went to the barber today to get a haircut and when she was finished she did the dreaded "hand you the mirror and spin you around to see the back" move, and every time i've done that the past year it's been a horrifying scene, bald spot getting bigger and bigger.

now i don't know if she just cut my hair really well in such a way to minimize the spot, or if i just wasn't in harsh lighting, but i swear to god when i looked today i saw noticeably less scalp. the area was definitely thin on top, but there was no "bald spot" like there had been before. i had the thought "eh, i'd keep this hair for the rest of my life if i could, it's not too noticeable," and only now did i realize wait a second generally there's a much bigger spot up there.

i've been on rogaine since late march so maybe it's finally kicking the **** in? also added dutasteride and regenepure, and have been dermarolling for 3 weeks.

i'm pretty sure MOST of it has to do with the way it was cut, but one thing is for damn sure it hasn't gotten worse and it seems to be getting a little better. let's ****ing hope this regimen gets going in a major way! will keep you guys updated and even produce pics if stuff improves more obviously.

wow, i've been shedding like ****ing crazy the past couple weeks. anything i might have noticed at that haircut is surely gone by now.

my hairline has pushed upward and upward, if there was any doubt i was nw3 before i certainly am now. i'm not really sure what to do at this point. my hair looks like shit, but i'm only about 5 weeks into dutasteride and liquid minox. i guess i'll just try not to pay much attention to it for the next several months and hopefully i can stop the loss and regrow the crown.

derma rolling has done absolutely nothing for me 6 weeks in. praying for follica or donor regeneration. something has to change soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    i went to the barber today to get a haircut and when she was finished she did the dreaded "hand you the mirror and spin you around to see the back" move, and every time i've done that the past year it's been a horrifying scene, bald spot getting bigger and bigger.

now i don't know if she just cut my hair really well in such a way to minimize the spot, or if i just wasn't in harsh lighting, but i swear to god when i looked today i saw noticeably less scalp. the area was definitely thin on top, but there was no "bald spot" like there had been before. i had the thought "eh, i'd keep this hair for the rest of my life if i could, it's not too noticeable," and only now did i realize wait a second generally there's a much bigger spot up there.

i've been on rogaine since late march so maybe it's finally kicking the **** in? also added dutasteride and regenepure, and have been dermarolling for 3 weeks.

i'm pretty sure MOST of it has to do with the way it was cut, but one thing is for damn sure it hasn't gotten worse and it seems to be getting a little better. let's ****ing hope this regimen gets going in a major way! will keep you guys updated and even produce pics if stuff improves more obviously.
    I notice my hair looks better very short. It also makes for easier minox application.

I hope your regiment works as well, man. I've been fortunate to finally be able to get passed a large deal of the stress associated with balding. Life certainly easier than it was 6-7 months ago. I hope you find the same.

wow, i've been shedding like ****ing crazy the past couple weeks. anything i might have noticed at that haircut is surely gone by now.

my hairline has pushed upward and upward, if there was any doubt i was nw3 before i certainly am now. i'm not really sure what to do at this point. my hair looks like shit, but i'm only about 5 weeks into dutasteride and liquid minox. i guess i'll just try not to pay much attention to it for the next several months and hopefully i can stop the loss and regrow the crown.

derma rolling has done absolutely nothing for me 6 weeks in. praying for follica or donor regeneration. something has to change soon.
    Same here, man. I do have some regrowth, but it's very modest.

I think getting your hair cut short is important. Living in anxiety and fear that your NW2.5 cover might be blown is no way to live. I would say you have to pretend to be embracing your balding self, and hopefully that pretending because genuine as time passes.

Damn I'm relating to these posts big time bro's....Its that NW 2.5 going on NW3 life lol

Longer my hair grows, the more shit it looks like, harder it is to apply, dermaroll etc..it sucks, but i need haircuts every 3 weeks. Sides very short, top short.

Wierd how somedays it feels like life as i know it is over and other days i am perfectly content with things...:S

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Wierd how somedays it feels like life as i know it is over and other days i am perfectly content with things...:S
    That hit home hard. The fact that we can acknowledge that we're content ever is good. We just have to harness that feeling of content-ness and make it the norm -- how we feel all the time.

We're all gonna make it, brahs.

I doubt you are the 1st guy to shed hard 5 weeks into minox + dut. Be prepared for a long process though
    7.5 months on dut, I have not seen significant improvement anywhere. & there has definitely been a shed. Depressing since before this I actually had very nice results from 2+ years of fin

wow, last night i hooked up with the girl from post #72 (that sounds weird as shit). seriously one of the hottest + coolest girls i've ever hooked up with. would wife.

hair's looking horrible from the dut/minox shed but so it goes, you guys gotta get the **** out there and live life.

wow, last night i hooked up with the girl from post #72 (that sounds weird as shit). seriously one of the hottest + coolest girls i've ever hooked up with. would wife.

hair's looking horrible from the dut/minox shed but so it goes, you guys gotta get the **** out there and live life.
    Maybe your hair doesn't look as bad as you think. I think many of us view ourselves looking worse than we actually do.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    That hit home hard. The fact that we can acknowledge that we're content ever is good. We just have to harness that feeling of content-ness and make it the norm -- how we feel all the time.

We're all gonna make it, brahs.
    Impossible.

Nigam + Mwamba FTW.

And I bet your confidence was through the roof after you hooking up with her right? If you're a lawyer then I don't know why you are stressing so bad about the hair. I understand hair loss SUCKS but you have a legit career and women find intelligence/good career way more attractive than Brad Pitt hair. Trust me! One day, we will all be laughing about our depression and anxiety when there is a cure but for now, we gotta be content with what we have. Some kids are born into this world with no parents or a deformity. We have to be blessed for what we have been given. It's all about perspective.