+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Does .25 propecia work? I am thinking of starting a low dose of fin in the near future.

Currently my loss is only at the temples, hairline. Very thick hair everywhere else.

The thing with HASCI is that it is unproven - if it turns out he is not regenerating hairs constantly then we are screwed.
    Yeah .25 has stopped the shedding big time. I may bump it up to .5 in a month if I experience no sides, just to play it safe.

How old are you? If you're over 25 and not thinning everywhere else you may be able to save what you have with fin, regrow with minox or else get some hairline work and be set. I'm going bald in the crown too, so if hasci fails I'll definitely be in bigger trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    Yeah .25 has stopped the shedding big time. I may bump it up to .5 in a month if I experience no sides, just to play it safe.

How old are you? If you're over 25 and not thinning everywhere else you may be able to save what you have with fin, regrow with minox or else get some hairline work and be set. I'm going bald in the crown too, so if hasci fails I'll definitely be in bigger trouble.
    I will be 27 in december.

My older bro who is going to be 28 in jan, has exactly the same hairloss pattern without any thinning.

Isn't .25 propecia maintaining what you have?

Hey bro. I'm a NW2-2.5, planning to get on fin at 0.25 EOD after getting blood/hormone/semen analysis done first. Hoping it stabilizes my crown. I really think RU is worth trying for you man, I am getting it to use on my hairline/front. With KB solution as a new vehical the systemic sides are low. I know it sucks man but honeslty if there comes a time within the decade where you can buy your own full head of hair (whether it be HT will unlimted donor) or some combo of anti-androgens, growth factors and PD2 moudlaters, who gives a shit if you are already bald. This whole bald stigma is not really a big deal anymore, SOO many people get HT's nowadays, and when there are better solutions that are marketed as 'cures' the stigma will be further crushed. Im just trying to live my life not worrying to much about my hair, but still fighting to stop my loss. May even shave my head in the near future for a couple months to try it out and to go on an intense topical regimen if fin and RU does not help me. Peace brother dont let this get you down.

BTW, I should be gettign RU in the next couple weeks. I'll let you know how it works for my hairline. I'm sure you know propecia raises testosterone and testosterone can effect your hairline, not just DHT like with the rest of your head (minus donor area of course). I've been plotting for a while now before I finally made my moves lol, and having an antiandrogen (that blocks T also) in hand in case fin ****s up my hairline was always part of the plan!

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    I will be 27 in december.

My older bro who is going to be 28 in jan, has exactly the same hairloss pattern without any thinning.

Isn't .25 propecia maintaining what you have?
    I dunno, definitely stopped my shedding but hairline may still be slipping away, only been back on .25 for about two months after a six month stretch of no meds due to sides, I'll have a better idea after Xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Hey bro. I'm a NW2-2.5, planning to get on fin at 0.25 EOD after getting blood/hormone/semen analysis done first. Hoping it stabilizes my crown. I really think RU is worth trying for you man, I am getting it to use on my hairline/front. With KB solution as a new vehical the systemic sides are low. I know it sucks man but honeslty if there comes a time within the decade where you can buy your own full head of hair (whether it be HT will unlimted donor) or some combo of anti-androgens, growth factors and PD2 moudlaters, who gives a shit if you are already bald. This whole bald stigma is not really a big deal anymore, SOO many people get HT's nowadays, and when there are better solutions that are marketed as 'cures' the stigma will be further crushed. Im just trying to live my life not worrying to much about my hair, but still fighting to stop my loss. May even shave my head in the near future for a couple months to try it out and to go on an intense topical regimen if fin and RU does not help me. Peace brother dont let this get you down.

BTW, I should be gettign RU in the next couple weeks. I'll let you know how it works for my hairline. I'm sure you know propecia raises testosterone and testosterone can effect your hairline, not just DHT like with the rest of your head (minus donor area of course). I've been plotting for a while now before I finally made my moves lol, and having an antiandrogen (that blocks T also) in hand in case fin ****s up my hairline was always part of the plan!
    I like your attitude. Definitely better to be bald now than 20 yrs ago. I'll hop on RU if it looks like you guys are benefitting from it in January or so.

The day I can know for certain that I beat baldness is gonna be one of the best days I'll ever have. Gonna grow my hair so long. Or maybe I'll just slick it back Leo Dicaprio style, real classy. Haven't been able to do that since I was like 15, always had some slight recession. I really have no other complaints physically, everything else is fine except the hairloss. And I agree with you, it's gonna get nailed soon, just a matter of time. Can't wait.

I dunno, definitely stopped my shedding but hairline may still be slipping away, only been back on .25 for about two months after a six month stretch of no meds due to sides, I'll have a better idea after Xmas.
    Just curious, but why is your name 'Conpecia'?

Haha ya bro, it only effects your emotions if you give it permission to. Me personally, when the day comes that I have a full head of hair, first thing I am doing is shaving my head to the skin just for the hell of it !

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Just curious, but why is your name 'Conpecia'?
    I was pissed at the price of propecia and its weak efficacy when I registered. It's a con, a cheat.

I was pissed at the price of propecia and its weak efficacy when I registered. It's a con, a cheat.
    Conpecia,

If your in the United States, buy Fin from a reputable Canadian Pharmacy, I believe I paid $75.00 for 200 1mg tabs the first time I ordered it.

I think it has helped fill in my crown significantly and fairly quickly, I only been on Fin for about six months and using Minox twice daily. My TP hairs are only about 1/4 inch long at the moment and feel like facial hairs, their fairly stiff, so I know the thin light colored hairs are not the transplanted hairs. One of the two products is working, or the combination of both.

Good Luck with your journey...!!!

Just an update on my situation:

I've lost so much ****ing hair since I started this thread only a few months ago. My hairline literally gets higher every week, visibly and tangibly. It's "catch-up" loss from having been on finasteride and stopped the process for so many years. My crown is thinning rapidly as well. Body hair is growing like crazy too since my DHT levels have gone back up through the roof. The silver lining in all of this is that my libido is as stronger than it's been in many years. Forgot what it was like to wake up with morning wood. Also the gyno is diminishing, though I assume it'll take at least 6 months or so to really kill that off.

I'd be in a much worse mood if it weren't for two things:

1. Keratene Retard looks like it's working for people, and I've been told it will not affect estrogen levels. Meaning fin-like benefits without gyno. I have some on the way and will begin taking 1 pill a day for a month to make sure there are no sides.

2. I FINALLY figured out a good minox regimen that does not give me bloating or dark circles under my eyes. I just put rogaine foam on once a day right after work, so it's fully absorbed by the time I go to sleep. I've been told that rogaine works best younger guys and in areas that are just recently balding, and honestly if I could just turn back the clock on hairloss to about 2011 or so (as opposed to trying to get back 20 years worth of loss...), I'd wear my hair a little shorter and no one would notice anything. Then I could get a HT later on and never think about baldness again.

So I'm really looking forward to about 2-3 months from now to see if the rogaine foam and keratene combination is working for me. Until then I've sworn off caring about sheds or how my hair looks. I'm just going to work on improving my body and mind, and let the meds take care of my hair. I'll update this thread if I start seeing results. The goal is NW2 with only slight thinning in crown. See you guys soon.