+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Here's another good one: we save our hair to increase our chances of copulating with the opposite sex using a drug that causes low libido and impotence.
    Oh the fkn irony. Nature is a bitch.

The fact it even goes so far as to shrink some males tackle is really a slap in the face as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post

The fact it even goes so far as to shrink some males tackle is really a slap in the face as well.
    Wait. What? Did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Wait. What? Did I miss something?
    I thought it was common knowledge, might be fear mongering but I've read here and there reports of dicks being shrivelled on Fin, look on propecia help, or perhaps don't. It freaks me out, but that's where you'll read about cases mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    I thought it was common knowledge, might be fear mongering but I've read here and there reports of dicks being shrivelled on Fin, look on propecia help, or perhaps don't. It freaks me out, but that's where you'll read about cases mate.
    I went to propeciahelp when I was contemplating fin, very early stage of hair loss. Frankly, I don't see them very trustworthy. I acknowledge side effects, but I actively try to not think about them -- have had modest success with that.

With regards to shrunken genitals, I guess I'm having trouble fathoming the mechanism by which that would happen.

Penile shrinkage is a reality for some men who are susceptible to sides.

Ask Cob894 if you want; I think he is a case on these forums who has experienced such a thing.

If I remember right, there were studies where penile shrinkage was extremely evident in rats when propecia was tested. But, rats are different than humans, and I'm not about to go looking for the study.

Yes that's right, Cob 894 mentioned shrinkage.

guess it's been about 3 months on rogaine foam. nothing but the same vellus hair that won't do shit. crown getting worse I think, thought there would be little hairs sprouting up but it feels thinner actually. going to explore toppik and just stick with it until the hair transplant

i just need something that will stop my loss. has anyone tried indo/chromo combo from iron dragon? i think the forums are doing a shit job of monitoring that. i actually think this pgd2 thing is a major factor. people who take indo/chromo report that their shedding stops but they're all nw6's so they're looking for regrowth. i swear i've yet to read an account of someone on a pgd2 blocker whose hair loss did not stop.

anyways, worrying about it less these days because there's nothing i can do. just save up for the ht and hope they learn how to multiply hair follicles in the next five years.

I am utterly amazed at how much hair I've lost in the past year and a half. January of 2012 I had to stop taking Propecia because of severe pain in my chest-- gynecomastia (which still hasn't gone away and hurts off an on all week). Since then it's been completely downhill. I was applying minox and indo/chromo tonight and I just looked at my hairline and wanted to die. It's like one day it was receding a little and now it's just gone. I'm diffuse-thinning like crazy too, more scalp shows through every month. Been on Rogaine for 4 months and my hair has gotten worse, as though the Rogaine was speeding things up. I was very excited around month 2 because I thought I could feel a change in my crown, as though lots of smaller hairs were breaking through. Turns out that's just my remaining thinning hairs scratching against my scalp... simply losing more hair and not used to feeling my scalp.

My advice to ANYONE who's just starting to bald and is debating whether to use propecia or not: DO IT. Try it, for the love of God. You will most likely not have side effects, and if you do at least you gave it a shot. I'm only grateful I at least had 6 good years on fin, God knows my life would have been awful being in my early and mid twenties and looking like I do now, with no cure in sight.

Honestly I might just shave my head to the bone and get it over with. Hopefully all this shedding and thinning is my hair preparing for a massive regrowth phase, but let's be realistic...

Unbelievable that when I should be out celebrating and enjoying life on the 4th of July I'm sitting in my room depressed about going bald. FML.

Shave it, Con.

It's been a year since I've been keeping mine short. Very short.
    Just a little longer on top, 000 sides and back.

I'm not terribly impressed with my headshape. I've suffered depression, anxiety for much of my teens onward.
    edit: Not because of hair loss; it's more just something I deal with.
    What's most important, that I hope to communicate to you, is that we're our own worse critics.

Apparently people are alright with me. I've got friends, a girlfriend, and I go about my life. I still feel anxiety, every day, mostly regarding my hair loss and my head shape, etc. But I still go about things.

And apparently things are okay. I try more to gauge now people's reactions towards me, rather than basing my mentality off the self-hate which I foster.

Much love,
    clan.

Cannot wait to have a full head of hair again. So many cool styles I'm gonna try out. They've cured gray hair so all I have to do is wait a few more years and I'll never worry about any of this shit again. As long as I can enjoy my 30s and 40s with a full head of hair I don't mind sacrificing my late 20s. Just a few more years. Gotta stay positive.