+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    Cannot wait to have a full head of hair again. So many cool styles I'm gonna try out. They've cured gray hair so all I have to do is wait a few more years and I'll never worry about any of this shit again. As long as I can enjoy my 30s and 40s with a full head of hair I don't mind sacrificing my late 20s. Just a few more years. Gotta stay positive.
    are you serious when/where did they cure grey hair I need info on this lol I saw one on my head a few months ago and im only 22.

But back to your topic, everyone always waits too late before doing something serious about hair loss. I myself was in denial until this june when I visibly noticed my hairline starting to thin which was confirmed by my derm. Wish I started fin last year when I started noticing signs. If it gets worse ill add in minoxidil as well but if fin doesn't work then its a matter of time before I go bald so minox won't do shiit

Cannot wait to have a full head of hair again. So many cool styles I'm gonna try out. They've cured gray hair so all I have to do is wait a few more years and I'll never worry about any of this shit again. As long as I can enjoy my 30s and 40s with a full head of hair I don't mind sacrificing my late 20s. Just a few more years. Gotta stay positive.
    Yup got to stay postive. I lost so much hair and I am 25. I just buzz it low. I had a realization when I was sitting on a air evac c-10 mission comming from afghanistan. Front of me a young guy in 20's with his skull caved in from I.e.d blast. Here was i thinking about my hair loss. While this young kid might not make it or will never be the same. Yeah it doesnt mean that baldness doesnt suck. Dont let it hold you back. Right now I would do the best I can to maintain. Few years there should be better options in ht and treatments. I got 2 years left on my military contract I am looking forward to having some hair like a hippie with marijane on my side. Life is tough bro I got ptsd from half this bullshit I went through but holding on to that hope like you.

Quote Originally Posted by ge77inhigh View Post
    Yup got to stay postive. I lost so much hair and I am 25. I just buzz it low. I had a realization when I was sitting on a air evac c-10 mission comming from afghanistan. Front of me a young guy in 20's with his skull caved in from I.e.d blast. Here was i thinking about my hair loss. While this young kid might not make it or will never be the same. Yeah it doesnt mean that baldness doesnt suck. Dont let it hold you back. Right now I would do the best I can to maintain. Few years there should be better options in ht and treatments. I got 2 years left on my military contract I am looking forward to having some hair like a hippie with marijane on my side. Life is tough bro I got ptsd from half this bullshit I went through but holding on to that hope like you.
    Powerful post bratha. Some perspective is key sometimes.

Edit: also I've been reading a lot about te benefits of MDMA therapy for those who've experienced PTSD. Maybe something to research a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ge77inhigh View Post

yo bro thanks for your service. means the world to citizens like me, gives us the freedom to even think about bullshit like hairloss. i've been researching nootropics and it looks like they're making good strides with that, should work for PTSD but as with everything it's a few years away.

good luck with the rest of your tour hopefully you can come back and make a good living with good benefits, that's the least you deserve.

yo bro thanks for your service. means the world to citizens like me, gives us the freedom to even think about bullshit like hairloss. i've been researching nootropics and it looks like they're making good strides with that, should work for PTSD but as with everything it's a few years away.

good luck with the rest of your tour hopefully you can come back and make a good living with good benefits, that's the least you deserve.
    Thank you for the support. I am dealing with my demons in the dark on most nights. Hairloss was just a low blow in life. I am still thankful for having my limbs on me. I wish the money we spend on dead and destruction was put into medical research.

Default ho-ly shit.

guys i seriously have to get this sorted out, like asap. just stop further loss. i am hoping and praying to every god there has ever been that minox + dermarolling + pgd2 blockers + regenepure will at least stop my loss. if i never regrow another hair i will at least have "passable" hair if it stops now. i am seriously considering getting on dutasteride if the shedding has not stopped by the end of august. dutasteride surprisingly is less of a gyno risk than fin!

the reason i'm freaking out is that i got a text from a buddy last night that contained a phone number and "you can thank me later" underneath the number. turns out it's the number of a girl i've had a huge crush on since i was 16 (i'm 28, yeah... pretty legit infatuation). my buddy ran into her last night, they chatted (we all went to high school together), he brought me up and said i was interested in her, and she told him to pass her number to me!!! he said she was expecting my call and that i should definitely go for it, that she seemed interested!!

guys this is literally one of the most beautiful women i've ever seen in my entire life. like, superhuman beauty. plus very smart, in law school at the top of her class, super cool personality, etc. etc. pretty much the best you can get unless you date celebrities or miss universe or something (and few of them are smart). she's in like the 99th percentile of women.

this is my chance. i would be the ****ing man if i pull this off. i've dated some very attractive girls in my day, but this would be top of the line. hairwise, i think i have just enough coverage to look like i'm only thinning a little bit (even though i've lost almost half my ****ing hair ). but if it gets much worse over the next few months i might be in big trouble. so let's ****ing hope that this god damn regimen stops my loss, eh??

no time to waste. definitely calling this girl next weekend. definitely getting the dermaroller and using that shit religiously. definitely praying.

How's your DHT brah?

hadn't had it tested been lazy, need to get all hormones tested but never done it before

guys i seriously have to get this sorted out, like asap. just stop further loss. i am hoping and praying to every god there has ever been that minox + dermarolling + pgd2 blockers + regenepure will at least stop my loss. if i never regrow another hair i will at least have "passable" hair if it stops now. i am seriously considering getting on dutasteride if the shedding has not stopped by the end of august. dutasteride surprisingly is less of a gyno risk than fin!

the reason i'm freaking out is that i got a text from a buddy last night that contained a phone number and "you can thank me later" underneath the number. turns out it's the number of a girl i've had a huge crush on since i was 16 (i'm 28, yeah... pretty legit infatuation). my buddy ran into her last night, they chatted (we all went to high school together), he brought me up and said i was interested in her, and she told him to pass her number to me!!! he said she was expecting my call and that i should definitely go for it, that she seemed interested!!

guys this is literally one of the most beautiful women i've ever seen in my entire life. like, superhuman beauty. plus very smart, in law school at the top of her class, super cool personality, etc. etc. pretty much the best you can get unless you date celebrities or miss universe or something (and few of them are smart). she's in like the 99th percentile of women.

this is my chance. i would be the ****ing man if i pull this off. i've dated some very attractive girls in my day, but this would be top of the line. hairwise, i think i have just enough coverage to look like i'm only thinning a little bit (even though i've lost almost half my ****ing hair ). but if it gets much worse over the next few months i might be in big trouble. so let's ****ing hope that this god damn regimen stops my loss, eh??

no time to waste. definitely calling this girl next weekend. definitely getting the dermaroller and using that shit religiously. definitely praying.
    Do you think I would gain weight on dut??

It is weird but I have heard some anecdotes of people having less trouble on dut than fin. No idea why that would happen but it is worth a shot, esp if you are diffuse thinning

I am your same age. If I had a chance with my HS crush I would be stoked. Those lost opportunities from your mid-late teens can kind of haunt you no matter how your love life goes in your 20s, it sucks.

For testing DHT....it is super easy. Just ask your doc for a test. Your GP might not know what you are talking about but should be able to refer you to a derm who can order lab work. Good luck!