+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    i'm nw3.5 plus diffuse thinning everywhere. with minox freshly applied the hair is so thin it's amazing. and since my donor region is so thick it looks more and more awkward each day.
    Get your haircut every 3-4 weeks from a good barber. Get the back/sides (donor area?) cut extremely low. Have him cut your neck line and around the ears really sharp too. I posted pics of what I do a week back on Highlander's haircut thread.

at this rate I've got another year tops to solve this or else i will have to shave the head and start wearing glasses, tanning and working out like crazy to compensate.
    Good thinking. Expensive frames can pull attention, although it's nice to be able to rock the expensive frames + have hair. But yeah, you might as well start working out now. I'm trying to get into lifting and have decent mass gained by the time I'm at the point of shaving my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    When did the minox shed begin to occur? And how long has it lasted for?
    Probably began about 3 weeks ago. Keep in mind I stopped fin for good after 6 years so that is causing loss as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Get your haircut every 3-4 weeks from a good barber. Get the back/sides (donor area?) cut extremely low. Have him cut your neck line and around the ears really sharp too. I posted pics of what I do a week back on Highlander's haircut thread.

Good thinking. Expensive frames can pull attention, although it's nice to be able to rock the expensive frames + have hair. But yeah, you might as well start working out now. I'm trying to get into lifting and have decent mass gained by the time I'm at the point of shaving my head.

Good advice on the haircut. As far as shaving the head I have a good shaped head and decent jaw, always complimented on my face. Unfortunately my ears are big and stick out. But can always get them surgically adjusted if necessary.

Conpecia, why don't you try RU?

Still battling gyno from propecia and I believe I would probably get it from RU as well. Once the gyno goes away ill try RU with an estrogen blocker or something.

I dont think the sides will be as bad as Fin from RU.

There have been studies to suggest topical application does not result in severe systemic side effects.

I'm sure you're right, but even at .2 mg fin a week I've had bad sides. However, I'm beginning to think this might be something else. I've been off fin for almost 4 months and I'm still having pain beneath each nipple, beyond just the added tissue. It still hurts, which doesn't make much sense to me. Probably need to go to the doc again.

I'm sure you're right, but even at .2 mg fin a week I've had bad sides. However, I'm beginning to think this might be something else. I've been off fin for almost 4 months and I'm still having pain beneath each nipple, beyond just the added tissue. It still hurts, which doesn't make much sense to me. Probably need to go to the doc again.
    Are you on anything else at the moment? Is your gyne worsening, or becoming more noticeable?

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    I dont think the sides will be as bad as Fin from RU.

There have been studies to suggest topical application does not result in severe systemic side effects.
    RU has worsened my gyne at periods.. Some of us are just really susceptible to aa's.

I'm on minox, no way that effects estrogen levels. The gyno looks the same, but it hurts every now and then. If I start gaining weight it aches, if I eat clean it hurts less. Wondering if I should get surgery, maybe insurance will cover it since it's beyond just a cosmetic thing. But everything I've read suggests getting off fin will get rid of the fin-caused gyno. That's not the case right now, and it just dawned on me I haven't touched fin in months and nothing is changing.