+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 104
  1. #21
    Senior Member Exodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Ah I can relate. Im a diffuse thinner with the NW5 outline. How has Minox worked for you?

  2. #22
    Senior Member PatientlyWaiting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,611

    Default

    Never give up, never surrender!

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Never give up, never surrender!


  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    You have great taste in gifs and gif usage.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Ah I can relate. Im a diffuse thinner with the NW5 outline. How has Minox worked for you?
    So far nothing to report other than I do not get the sides I was getting from Kirkland foam and Capillogain tonic. From those I experienced bad caffeine-like headaches and anxiety. Rogaine foam is awesome, once a day I just put little dime-size dots on either side of my hairline and a larger amount on my crown, then rub everything in, then wash my hands and move on with my day. The shedding also seems to be slowing down but I will have to wait a couple weeks before I know for sure.

    There MAY be some tiny, tiny vellus hairs popping up on either temple, but honestly I have always had microscopic peach fuzz all the way down to my original hairline, though some of that area has been bald for almost a decade. Do other people have that or is there literally zero hair in your bald regions, like completely hairless as a human palm? I definitely still have hair growing there but it's so miniaturized you can only see it in harsh light looking very closely in a mirror. If minox wakes that hair up I will be set, but I'm not optimistic about that. Honestly I just want a little regrowth and maintenance...

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    911

    Default

    Approaching the 1 month mark on Rogaine. Hair has never looked worse. I was looking in the mirror yesterday and just thought holy **** I look old. I have the youngest looking face for my age and it's all going to waste with this ****ing hairloss. MBP itch kicked in a couple days ago and has been relentless at the temples. Shedding goes on and on, all types of hairs falling out: thinner ones, thicker ones, longer ones, shorter ones. Hairline is flying back, thank God I have such thick hair otherwise I'd be absolutely screwed. More and more scalp is showing after showers and when I part my hair. I pray that this means better hair is on the way, but after having to quit Propecia I fear a lot of this is the hairloss speeding up to make up for lost time. If I could just ****ing tolerate Propecia I'd be fine for the next decade. So ****ing frustrated by that. Had another gyno bout so I'm hesitant to take Keratene before it's gone. Man, so stressful. Please let there be good news with the World Congress. My confidence will be destroyed if I get to NW4 or beyond...

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    Approaching the 1 month mark on Rogaine. Hair has never looked worse. I was looking in the mirror yesterday and just thought holy **** I look old. I have the youngest looking face for my age and it's all going to waste with this ****ing hairloss. MBP itch kicked in a couple days ago and has been relentless at the temples. Shedding goes on and on, all types of hairs falling out: thinner ones, thicker ones, longer ones, shorter ones. Hairline is flying back, thank God I have such thick hair otherwise I'd be absolutely screwed. More and more scalp is showing after showers and when I part my hair. I pray that this means better hair is on the way, but after having to quit Propecia I fear a lot of this is the hairloss speeding up to make up for lost time. If I could just ****ing tolerate Propecia I'd be fine for the next decade. So ****ing frustrated by that. Had another gyno bout so I'm hesitant to take Keratene before it's gone. Man, so stressful. Please let there be good news with the World Congress. My confidence will be destroyed if I get to NW4 or beyond...
    I share all of those feels, my friend. My hair has been decimated during the last 2 weeks to what I presume is finasteride shed.

    I keep getting my hair cut shorter and shorter to cope with my head shape and get ready for what feels like the inevitable -- shaving my head. Just the thought makes my stomach churn, but not quite as bad as the thought of having egregiously transparent hair.

    Everyday that passes I'm more and more inclined to get on minox, but I wouldn't make it through another treatment-induced shed with my hair (either from treatment-induced shedding or pulling it out in anxiety (not really though)).

    Anyways, man, I really hope you'll find yourself at peace as a result of: a.) hair maintenance at NW 3, b.) shaving your head and moving on.

    Best regards.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    911

    Default

    Thanks man,

    I'm hearing awesome stuff about indomethacin. Im going to start using it soon if I keep hearing good news. that combined with minox may buy me a couple years. Worst case scenario I shave my head and move on.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    911

    Default

    hell hath no fury like a minox shed. i hope the worst of it is over, shedding seems to have decreased the past couple days, itch is lower. man i had no idea you could bald so dramatically in 6 months. it's been insane. i'm nw3.5 plus diffuse thinning everywhere. with minox freshly applied the hair is so thin it's amazing. and since my donor region is so thick it looks more and more awkward each day. i have vowed to stick with minox every day for 6 months. if the hair just continues to decline i will add RU to the regimen and save up for gyno surgery. propecia worked wonders for me, at least i kept my hair for the most of my 20s. my hairline now is essentially like lebron's, except I'm white and can conceal it with my bangs grown longer and side swept. at this rate I've got another year tops to solve this or else i will have to shave the head and start wearing glasses, tanning and working out like crazy to compensate.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Breaking Bald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    At wits end...
    Posts
    556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    hell hath no fury like a minox shed. i hope the worst of it is over, shedding seems to have decreased the past couple days, itch is lower. man i had no idea you could bald so dramatically in 6 months. it's been insane. i'm nw3.5 plus diffuse thinning everywhere. with minox freshly applied the hair is so thin it's amazing. and since my donor region is so thick it looks more and more awkward each day. i have vowed to stick with minox every day for 6 months. if the hair just continues to decline i will add RU to the regimen and save up for gyno surgery. propecia worked wonders for me, at least i kept my hair for the most of my 20s. my hairline now is essentially like lebron's, except I'm white and can conceal it with my bangs grown longer and side swept. at this rate I've got another year tops to solve this or else i will have to shave the head and start wearing glasses, tanning and working out like crazy to compensate.
    When did the minox shed begin to occur? And how long has it lasted for?

Similar Threads

  1. Fighting a loosing battle!?
    By kayzee in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-06-2012, 01:18 AM
  2. Bald Battle with the Sun
    By sausage in forum Coping with Hair Loss in Everyday Life
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-25-2012, 07:16 PM
  3. Beginning baldness?
    By saitek in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-13-2012, 11:28 PM
  4. Operation Hairloss: Can't Lose This Battle!
    By KevinTayor in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-12-2010, 05:47 PM
  5. My Introduction & Internal Battle
    By cstella in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-29-2010, 07:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

ruxolitinib
09-22-2016 11:37 AM
by ducu72
Last Post By beetee
Today 05:02 PM
cutting up 5m fin?? seems so small lol
09-24-2016 07:45 PM
Last Post By pkipling
Today 04:55 PM
My Dermatologist told me I was thinning at my Temples.
09-26-2016 03:24 PM
Last Post By pkipling
Today 04:51 PM
Should I be taking Biotin? At what dosage?
Yesterday 10:40 AM
Last Post By pkipling
Today 04:14 PM
Neyo not wearing hats anymore in 2016
09-20-2016 08:43 AM
Last Post By pkipling
Today 04:04 PM
balding on crown?
Today 01:14 PM
Last Post By Artista
Today 03:38 PM