Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thinking
    • Aug 2012

Before going after 2000 FUE Id have a trial of 500

So here is the idea, not only I would need to wait for much longer to get 2000 fue as it is pricy Id have a 500 trial in order to see the results. If satisfied with it, Id go for full ht in a year or two.

I read to many scary stories of people with bad results or even no results at all, so I am willing to sacrifice 500 grafts/money to see how it goes.

Anybody tried this approach? It seems like a good idea to me. Opinions?
  • inspects
    • Aug 2012

Thinking,

I was kind of thinking in the same direction as you a couple months ago. One day I looked in the mirror and said I need to do something about the thinning hair.

I made an appointment with a doctor a friend recommended after he told me he had a HT, the doctor gave me his opinion, now I have 2500 FUT's sprouting about 1/4 inch long over the crown, temples and top. Glad I had the procedure done, hair is growing normally, I couldn't be more pleased.

Now I just need to wait about a year to see how much actual coverage I will have. I also started on Fin and Minox, I haven't seen anymore shedding worth noting in the last 30 days.

Comment

• gillenator
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Thinking
      So here is the idea, not only I would need to wait for much longer to get 2000 fue as it is pricy Id have a 500 trial in order to see the results. If satisfied with it, Id go for full ht in a year or two.

I read to many scary stories of people with bad results or even no results at all, so I am willing to sacrifice 500 grafts/money to see how it goes.

Anybody tried this approach? It seems like a good idea to me. Opinions?
      Thinking,

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a test session of 500 FUE grafts. I know of a number of guys who are having smaller FUE sessions because they cannot afford the larger sessions.

Test sessions are especially critical when it comes to BH but that's not a consideration for you.

If it were strip, I would say no. But FUE are all done by extractions so laxity issues are not a factor.
      "Gillenator"
      Independent Patient Advocate
      more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

Working...