+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry belgravia centre extortion

hi there

my hair is my joy, its my identity like so many men so....lasy year it was thining a bit but receding heavily so i decided to do something about it. was so sceptical but saw belgravia centre advertised and decided to give it a go. thata was july 2011. anyway i was a novice so when they charged me 1250 euro for years minoxidil and propecia i was taken aback but thought ok its costly but i need a "cure". anyway got propecia and minoxidil 12 and half%. my hairloss did slow done and it has stoped receding but ive only been using the minoxidil on the temples and their has been no regrowth what so ever...so what i decided to was phone the and explain i will stop the minoxidil and just continue with the propecia and they said that i was getting the propecia and miox for a discount!!!at 1250 per year!!!so i asked how much is the propecia for 3 months....

they said 174 pounds!!!!i nearly dropped considering that results were good not great. anyway i had enough of their inflated prices so i went online and searched for propecia from credible uk online pharmacies. i found one that charged just over a hundred for 3 month supply. i rang belgravia that i wanted to cancel and they asked why, i told them main reason was financial but they were very blunt on the phone, didnt even ask me my progress or anything up to that point.

im now using cheaper(money wise) but genuine propecia and rogaine foam but i may have to go under the knife if i want my hairline back . anyways just want to hear from you guys any experience with belgravia centre???? i thought their customer service was poor and prices were extortionate.

You can actually get from next to £300 for a years supply ( Both Minoxidil and 1mg Finasteride )

For example I get my treatments from www.minoxidil-direct.co.uk and www.ukfinasteride.info both very reliable places - i have been getting supplies from them for years along with many other UK guys.

Best
    Spex
    Last edited by Spex; 10-08-2012 at 10:59 AM.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Thumbs up

Belgravia are complete money grabbbers that hide behind the veneer of offering genuine services, but at extortionate prices. Moreover, they are committed to the hard sell, no matter what their testimonials suggest. This is so prevalent that they will offer inaccurate advice, just to get you to sign up. For instance, after years of debating (and having used Minoxidil alone for 10 years), I enquired about starting Propecia. They advised me to try it for a year and then taper off as Minoxidil would "hold" me. The sad thing is, I was fairly well versed in treatment options, but was at a low point and just went with it. In fairness it did help, even though it was still daylight robbery. In a way, my dealings with them could be seen as a right of passage as I found other resources that were more honest. I also use both of the sources suggested by Spex and can vouch for their legitimacy. I do shudder to think of the literal thousands wasted on them over the preceding ten years though!!

I have had experiences with Belgravia Centre. They are a complete rip off assembly line service. I had an appointment with them about 4 weeks ago where I made it absolutely clear that I was not interested in nothing but HT. They made an appointment for me, tried to sell me various treatments, and then told me that they don't do HT, and that they could give me someone's number. I was furious. I had wasted two hours. They gave me a 3.30pm appointment, and made me wait another 45 minutes. They are basically making money off vulnerable people.

And the Dr they recommend you to for HT's is no other than Dr MAY....

In my opinion this Dr is still doing mini and micro grafts and is outdated and again in my opinion far from ethical.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by thinkingaboutit View Post
    I have had experiences with Belgravia Centre. They are a complete rip off assembly line service. I had an appointment with them about 4 weeks ago where I made it absolutely clear that I was not interested in nothing but HT. They made an appointment for me, tried to sell me various treatments, and then told me that they don't do HT, and that they could give me someone's number. I was furious. I had wasted two hours. They gave me a 3.30pm appointment, and made me wait another 45 minutes. They are basically making money off vulnerable people.
    I went to the belgravia centre in 2009.

They told me that I would be bald in 3 years.

I am far from thinning. Just receeded a tiny bit more.

They are hard sellers.

and how is your hair now??? their photos are so doctored aswell its hilarious but they saw one of my pics and im a norwood 3 and told me to get it done straight away, like their products do work but they give you grave news to ensure you pay their ridiculous prices.

Quote Originally Posted by elnino View Post
    and how is your hair now??? their photos are so doctored aswell its hilarious but they saw one of my pics and im a norwood 3 and told me to get it done straight away, like their products do work but they give you grave news to ensure you pay their ridiculous prices.
    Went from a Norwood 1 -2.

I wish there were proper dermatologists around.

I threw the number they gave me. They just gave me a telephone and that's it. They are all sales.

Quote Originally Posted by thinkingaboutit View Post
    I threw the number they gave me. They just gave me a telephone and that's it. They are all sales.
    Yeah - just checked photos from 2010.

My recession has been very very slow.