+ Reply to Thread

Default Considering discontinuing Regaine

Hi

I've been on Regaine (Foam) and propecia for about six months and I cannot tell whether they are working or not until I compare my pictures that I took 6 months ago with the pictures I will take at the six month mark next week.

Apart from this, I sometimes think that I cannot live with regaine forever as it makes my hair looks much thinner that it really is and makes my hair unmanageable. The problem is that one must take a shower twice a day in order to get red from this greasy thing that I apply on my hair.

I don't know if there is any other things that I can do apart from washing my hair, as I think that washing my hair ever day may affect it badly though this is an arguable issue!

Are there any sort of creams or anything that helps nourishing and making my hair more manageable after applying the foam?

Thanks
    Since 13

When you stop using Propecia or Rogaine and your hair starts falling faster, then Propecia was working by slowing down your hair loss or halting it. Regrowth is just an added bonus with these stupid treatments, they're considered good if they at least slow down your hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Since 13 View Post
    Hi

I've been on Regaine (Foam) and propecia for about six months and I cannot tell whether they are working or not until I compare my pictures that I took 6 months ago with the pictures I will take at the six month mark next week.

Apart from this, I sometimes think that I cannot live with regaine forever as it makes my hair looks much thinner that it really is and makes my hair unmanageable. The problem is that one must take a shower twice a day in order to get red from this greasy thing that I apply on my hair.

I don't know if there is any other things that I can do apart from washing my hair, as I think that washing my hair ever day may affect it badly though this is an arguable issue!

Are there any sort of creams or anything that helps nourishing and making my hair more manageable after applying the foam?

Thanks
    Since 13
    It's my understanding that the whole "washing your hair" think is really dependent on the type of hair you have. Personally, 2% keto (1 week/2 doses in right now) shampoo has had the same effect: hair flat and feels thinner.

I havn't used other shampoos since I started the keto. I just use a high quality condition afterwards.

One thing I have been doing in addition though, is using a castor oil complex to my hair more full. Caution: This castor oil is a little difficult to apply if you have longer like me, and doesn't wash out easily if you're careless applying it. It makes my hair FEEL and LOOK better, not sure that it has had any positive or negative effects, with respect to hairloss.

Thank you very much for your suggestions!

I don't know if you or others have some thoughts my problem with this foam that makes my hair looks thinner than it really is though that I think that propecial and regaine have helped me to some extent concerning hair loss. That is, the problem is with the effect this foam has on my hair after I apply it and before I wash it.

People say to me, why your hair looks like this...why don't you brush it?? They don't know that I cannot. If I do, then I will pull out every single hair since my hair becomes literally stuck on my scalp and I cannot do any thing before I wash it.

That is, the problem is with the effect this foam has on my hair after I apply it and before I wash it.
    I do not have this problem with Rogaine foam. When I have it in, you absolutely cannot tell it is on my scalp. Not in any way shape or form. You cannot see or even feel it in my hair. You are obviously doing something different than I am.

I am telling you what I do just in case it might help you. I apply the recommend measure of the foam while my hair is towel dry damp then massage it gently into my scalp. I wait a few minutes for it to dry then I style my hair. It is pretty simple and straight forward and you absolutely cannot tell it is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I do not have this problem with Rogaine foam. When I have it in, you absolutely cannot tell it is on my scalp. Not in any way shape or form. You cannot see or even feel it in my hair. You are obviously doing something different than I am.

I am telling you what I do just in case it might help you. I apply the recommend measure of the foam while my hair is towel dry damp then massage it gently into my scalp. I wait a few minutes for it to dry then I style my hair. It is pretty simple and straight forward and you absolutely cannot tell it is there.
    It seems that your hair is soft and silky. My hair is curly! I think that the foam makes the hair curlier and unmanageable. So, if one's hair is already curly and not that easy to manage then the problem occurs.

I find it scary to brush it as the brush does not go smoothly and I fear that this would pull my hair out.

It seems that your hair is soft and silky. My hair is curly! I think that the foam makes the hair curlier and unmanageable. So, if one's hair is already curly and not that easy to manage then the problem occurs.
    Yes, my hair is soft and silky. Your explanation makes sense to me.