+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Fin in the UK

Interesting Harris, I would be very interested to get some DHT testing done, and if boots can somehow offer this that would be ideal.

I concur about PM's, I wish I could send some.

I've personally only ever bought mine from the site spex recommended, though from my year 1 purchase to year 2 just recently, the price tripled. Supply and demand, or more insidious spex?

Yes I brought from that site I know they are supposed to be legit and most proberly are if Spex recommends them but I prefer to get it from a source like Boots where you 100 percent know where they come from. I would like to get my DHT levels done also you think that would be the answer to so many peoples problems you could just increase the dose or get on somthing stronger if you knew your DHT levels are higher than average!

also Have you had any success with you proscar/ fin ?

Quote Originally Posted by Harris View Post
    Yes I brought from that site I know they are supposed to be legit and most proberly are if Spex recommends them but I prefer to get it from a source like Boots where you 100 percent know where they come from. I would like to get my DHT levels done also you think that would be the answer to so many peoples problems you could just increase the dose or get on somthing stronger if you knew your DHT levels are higher than average!
    Yeah, but pretty hard to cut pills past 0.2mg, unless they manufactured a larger pill that was only 0.2mg finasteride, the rest fillers.

I don't think my hair has progressed much, if at all, and i've regrown some hair due to minox I believe. But I've also had some sides from fin, I made a thread just today about it.

Thanks for the tip off, Harris. Were the blood tests on the NHS or did they have to be private?

I use the Boots service for my fin BTW, but wish I'd gone to a doctor.

sorry for the late reply I havent had them yet the doctor just passed on the information to my GP for him to do so its perfect really good doctor and knows what he is talking about

Thanks. Did you see him in Brighton or London?

Senior Member BaldinLikeBaldwin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    It's common as hell. Most people on this forum are probably taking Finasteride 5mg and cutting it into quarters simply because it's much cheaper than generic 1mg tablets.

5mg is marketed for enlarged prostates, and is cheap.
    1mg is marketed for hair loss only, and is therefore expensive.

There is nothing dodgy it at all.
    plus the 1 mg pill is still brand version only whilst 5 mg has generic alternatives

most doctors with some empathy will at least present the option of cutting 5 mg pills into 4ths/5ths knowing the cost implications of propecia

Quote Originally Posted by Harris View Post
    sorry for the late reply I havent had them yet the doctor just passed on the information to my GP for him to do so its perfect really good doctor and knows what he is talking about
    Dr Farrant was awesome, just very understanding and knowledgeable. Thank you a lot for pointing me in his direction.

thtas great what did he say to you?